[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Genkaku: Nothing to say
McDohl: Soul Eater, is very strong.
Viktor: Because is great attack, because the sword
Flik: Lightning Rune
If I have Nanami I use her
Then you have Sierra with great powers, and Sheena with Mother Earth or Valeria with her Rune. You also can go with one big figher with high level of rune, The 6th warrior can be Luc of anybody with great power, but there is no doubt in:
Genkaku-McDohl-Viktor-Flik-Sierra

Or Nanami Bye. Sierra also can be changed

Bye :D
[ H4L ] Nathan

Post by [ H4L ] Nathan »

For the whole game I used this set up when I could.

Humphery Gadget Shiro
Riou Luc Nanami

This set up is insane for example in the Luca battle, he could never pass through the front lines. Why?

I focused healing just on Shiro for the time being considering he doesn't have as much Defence as Gadget and Humphery does. Gadget defence is well and truely the best in the game. Luca was doing about max 15 dmg and a bit more with his fire attack, but it was barely anything.

Advice: Use Gadget in the Luca battle at a nice level and you will see.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Gadget has a high PDF but low MDF. i would recommend Oulan over most tanks, and give her a Fury Rune asap for unlimited Angry Dragon attacks.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

This is the party I used at the end, with the main runes I had them use. All characters have lvl 16 weapons and have optimal equipment.

Flik: Thunder Rune, Mother Earth Rune
Viktor: Double Beat Rune, Fury Rune, Down rune on weapon
Kasumi: Flowing Rune, Shrike Rune
Tir: Soul Eater, Double Beat Rune, Fury Rune
Riou: Bright Shield, Pale Gate
Luc: Pale Gate, 2 Magic Ring accessories equipped

This party is heavy on magic and it took out the last boss in about two rounds when it got going, (the boss caused status changes which made it impossible for me to kill him right away.) Culgan and Seed were taken out in one round. Viktor is the party attacker, and he is optimized to cause a lot of damage with each strike and strike at least twice per round. The Down rune embedded in his sword can cause knockdown status on any enemy, including the last boss. (I got it by taking it off one of the three Bandits.) Kasumi and Tir assisted him through physical attacks in normal battles, Kasumi through Shrike, and Tir through Double Beat and Fury. Kasumi was also the support healer for Riou through her Flowing Rune. Flik, Kasumi, Tir, Riou and Luc all have lvl 4 spells at about level 60. I had Flik cast attack spells, and used both Riou and Luc to cast Empty World using their Pale Gates. Riou did have Forgiver Sign, but I wanted to hit everyone rather than one enemy, so I used Empty World instead. Tir began with Judgment, and followed up with Black Shadows. I equipped Luc with two Magic Rings, giving him an extra 30 magic, which made him an extremely powerful wizard. In order to use his Empty World, it's important to follow it up immediately with a healing spell, or the party may be in serious trouble when the enemy counterattacks, because his Empty World causes high damage to allies as well.
tengaar

Post by tengaar »

My team:

1)Viktor (Fury, Double Beat, WPN:Exertion)-I looove Viktor and most of you will agree with me he's one of the best characters-that's why
2)Flik (Mother Earth, Thunder,)-he's pretty good fighter as well as
magician,and his unite with Viktor is powerfull)
3)Riou (Cyclone, Bright Shield, Flowing)
4)Rina (Rage, Thunder, Flowing/Cyclone)-she's great, isn't she?
5)Tengaar (Mother Earth, Rage)-she's great magician
6)Sheena (whatever highest orders I have)-both good fighter and magician

I don't like characters like Luc or Mazus, even if they are perfect magicians. Their ATK and DEF are way too poor for the enemies on the way to fight the final boss.

In the battle with Luca, I don't go anywhere without ZAMZA. Why? Because he has Fire Dragon-ATKx1.5,which harms him, so I put him Fire Lizard on the weapon-ATKx1.5 (which also harms him), and sugar in the end-Fire Sealing so no fire damage can hurt him (Luca's as well).
You're a fool to go without me.
Arbiter of Existence

Post by Arbiter of Existence »

Well, my team is usually

Viktor/Humphrey Pesmerga Hero/Georg

Killey Clive any random magician/no one/hero if I use Georg

Not very creative. Oh well. I also cheat evilly and use stat stones to mold Clive into a decent magician, and Killey into a phenomenal one. Or, I max Clive's mag, and give him a Warrior rune in an unused slot. Hehe. C'mon. You know that gun should've been 3x stronger. :-D.

I want to try Hero with a Solitude rune + Feather + Siegfried. I'm thinking you'll get the bonus for three absent characters, giving you what, +381 ATT. Hehe.

And, of course, using all five squirrels and fighting in the South Window area til you meet Target Lady. Got her good.
"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."
~Keats's epitaph

The man writ in water lives fluid and ever-moving, as the passage of time's own river. Die young, but live forever in memory; your legacy shines brighter as history dims.
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

In my recent playthrough I'm doing a "couples" theme-oriented party, so it looks like this:

Front: Riou/Kasumi/Hix
Rear: Eilie/Tir Mcdohl/Tengaar

I originally had Fury/Double-Strike runes on the two heroes, and was pulling off 1000+ Double Leader Attacks with relative ease mid-late game, but that gets a little boring, so I recently swapped my rune setup just after liberating Greenhill to look like this:

Riou: Bright Shield/Gale/Counter/Kindness (eh, nothing special)
Kasumi: Shrike/Violence/Exertion (tends to take the most damage, so)
Hix: Double-Beat/Exertion (not very customizable)
Eilie: Flowing/Rage/Down (I'll have to beef her magic up some)
Tir: Soul Eater/Double-Beat/Water/Friendship (Water compliments Soul Eater nicely)
Tengaar: Cyclone/Mother Earth/Sleep (excellent support/attack mage)

Not optimal in any sense, but a lot of fun to play, and healing up the wazoo. A couple other couples (ha!) you could try with this "theme" are Freedy and Yoshino (yeah, Freed's not that great, but Yoshino's surprisingly good...if you don't mind the glasses) or Flik and Nina (way better than Hix/Tengaar IMO, but I miss Odessa from GS1 and Nina's attack sound is SO annoying).

I use Shiro for the first half of the game almost exclusively, in any runthrough though. He's great normally, and absolutely unstoppable with the Matilda trick (since he doesn't lose ground to good equipment until much later) and with a Double-Beat rune he takes out four or five guys a turn with high frequency.

I somehow managed to avoid putting Fliktor in my final party this time...and I often use Luc, because he's a beast with magic and very customizable.

I really want to try a tank version of Sheena with Wall/Firefly/Sunbeam/Flowing(wpn) and all regen gear sometime, heh.
Down, boy. Let my other characters kill something for a change.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Since I just flawlessed the Beast Rune, might as well post my party here =)

Sheena: Double-Beat, Double-Strike, Fury, Thunder (WPN)

Tir: Blue Gate, Soul Eater, Double-Beat, Lightning (WPN)

Luc: Blue Gate, Mother Earth, Wizard, Earth (WPN)

Killey: Double-Beat, Double-Strike, Fury, Rage (WPN)

Riou: Double-Beat, Bright Shield, Gale, Thunder (WPN)

Rina: Flowing, Lightning, Double-Beat, Fire (WPN)

Killey and Sheena are using their optimal configurations.. no explanation needed.

Luc- the BEST mage in the game. Blue Gate and Mother Earth are some of the best offensive runes in the game, and Luc gets an A affinity with both.

Tir-the second best mage in the game, and one of the best fighters to top it off. Given Lightning and Flowing for the Thor unite, and other added options.

Riou-a very strong hybrid character. The main purpose of the Gale Rune is that he gets to cast Forgiver Sign before anyone else on the Beast Rune, but it also means that he scores tons of multiple hits in random battles. Combine that with a Double-Beat and Thunder Rune in weapon and he's simply a killing machine.

Tomo-her sub-par fighting skills don't matter with the current lineup. Well actually she criticals often so she's decent. I use her mainly for her A affinity with the Earth Rune, which makes her the second largest damage dealer against the Beast Rune.

This party:
-kills all random enemies in 1 turn using auto-mode
-kills Culgan and Seed in 1 turn without any level 4 spells
-kills the Beast Rune in 1 turn

Talk about being overpowered. *sweat*

Edit: Swapped Tomo for Rina for a full cheese party =)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok um were you cheating or pumping stats using the Stone trick to beat the Beast Rune in one turn? it's extremely difficult to beat the Beast Rune in one turn with normal level 60ish characters.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Not at all. Don't need pumped up stats when you're using a magic-oriented party ;)

I did use the level 99 trick, mostly because I was using Killey and Sheena, but a 1 turn Beast Rune is still very possible with a group of level 60 chars.
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

You don't need the stone trick. You can acquire as many Stones of Power and Stones of Magic as you want through the climbing game if you want. It would take a few extra hours and some dilligent setting up of SPD values (read: gear and Gale runes) to do it at 60, but it's possible.

For the record, I did the one-turn with the two heroes at 67 and the rest between 95-98.
Down, boy. Let my other characters kill something for a change.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Here's a fun and easy way to one-turn it using a group of low level characters:

Riou-Gale/BS/any rune
Tengaar-Flowing/Thunder
Luc-Blue Gate/Wizard/any
Tir-Blue Gate/SE/Wizard
Mazus-Blue Gate/Thunder/Wizard
Tomo-Mother Earth/Wizard

Speed Rings/Wind Hats/Ninja Suits on Riou/Tengaar
Magic Rings on rest, 1 Sacrificial Jizo on Mazus, 1 or 2 Sacrificial Jizos on Tomo

It's not very hard at all.
hashin

Post by hashin »

Some easy setup to go all-around, with only 2 Double-Beats needed (you get one from Gijimu)

Riou: Spark, Gale, Winged Boots (only to make the entire party to atack without be atacked in random battles, and act as the healer against the last Boss)
Viktor: Dbl-Beat, Fury (WPN: Rage)
Oulan: Fury
Pesmerga: Dbl-Beat
Tir: Dbl-Strike, Warrior (WPN: Thunder)
Killey: Dbl-Beat, Dbl-Strike, Warrior (WPN: Friendship)

People tends to say the one slotted tanks are too slow and uncustomizable, but heck, i don't have one Double-Beat/Fury/Double-Strike for every char, and the spark rune solves all the speed probs.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

First Row

Georg Prime (Fury in Hand and Thunder in Weapon) Pesmerga (Fury in hand and Rage in weapon) Humpfrey (double beat in hand and friendship in weapon)

Second Row

Hero (fury and double beat in hand and that rune of hix' in weapon) Luc (Cyclone, Mother Earth and Rage) Mazus ( Thunder, Blue Gate and Flowing)

This is the best combination for me. I always kick the beast runes ass with those guys.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
kvox1040

Here's Mine

Post by kvox1040 »

Front
Riou Viktor Nanami/Flik
Stallion Tengaar Luc

Riou - Duh...
Blue Gate, Bright Shield, Darkness
WPN - Kindness
Viktor - Who doesn't love Viktor? Not only that, but he is a POWERHOUSE. With the rune setup, he is awesome.
Fury, Double-beat
WPN - Friendship
Nanami - You use her a lot anyway.
(Not much for runes... Balance(for fam. att.) and Fire
WPN - Mother-earth
Flik - when nanami isn't available I used flik, Mainly because Good SPD, ATT, MAG and MP. and...it's Flik...
Thunder, Exertion
WPN - Lightning ("Blue Lightning")
Stallion - I use him for the true holy Rune. As well, he has an okay attack and killer speed (hence the spark rune for Viktor)
True Holy, Spark
Tengaar - Role=Support, I use her mainly for support roles to keep the party healthy. Her att isn't bad and her mag is above average. The only bad thing about her is that she can only wear robes so her defence is down. But still good nonetheless.
Mother-Earth, Water
WPN - Mother-Earth/Earth (to help with the defence)
Luc - Ahhh, good ol' Luc. Role=main damage dealer.(Magic) It was tough deciding between him and Mazus, but I chose him because of his MP. And not only that but, I noticd I was using all S1 chars (minus Riou and Nanami) so Luc was a natural choice.
Wizard, Rage, Thunder (Wizard on luc is unbelievable)

SO this was my party and I liked it.