[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Runemaster

Re: Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by Runemaster »

@KFCrispy

Although not as strong as Flik, Sierra's attack is still a big help for me in random battles. Her magic is more useful, though, in boss battles especially. But why not? Another attacker would be good too, she's not as weak as the other wizards anyway..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Alright, I tried to do my homework and look through every page of this thread. I basically scanned it to see what I was specifically looking for. If I missed some posts, I'm sorry. Here are my parties, and I'm sorry if this isn't exactly what this thread is supposed to be about.

Squirrel Party -
Riou, Muku, Maku
Meku, Miku, Moku

I think I did see someone comment on the hilarity of this party facing the beast rune. You don't have to tell me that it wouldn't be the ideal party in terms of battle, but it would be hilarious. And if you can actually beat the beast rune, without glitches, tricks, or cheats, you would be a brilliant strategist.

Beast Party -
Shiro, Feather, Sigfried/Abizboah
Riou

Same thing as the last one: not the ideal party in terms of game stats. However, why not have a group of beasts beat up on the Beast Rune. I actually have beaten the Beast Rune with this party before. It's slightly amusing to see the 'dialogue' when you have four characters in your party who can't ('don't' in Riou's case) talk.

Ultimate Power -
Sierra, Pesmerga, Viktor
Riou, Luc, Tir

If I remember correctly, according to KFCrispy's and RedKilley's posts, all of these characters are great characters in terms of game-battle mechanics. So, this would be the one battle party that I have suggested that would make sense if you want the most capable party and want to defeat the Beast Rune quickly instead of just an amusing or profound party.

However, the reason I like this party is for story reasons. This should be a group of companions that could almost never be defeated. You can only use the power of two of the true runes in the game (Soul Eater and Bright Shield). But if this were real Suikoden life, and they were about to die, almost any one of them could unleash the power of their rune and blast everyone away (like True Fire, True Water, Punishment, Sun explosions). For gameplay reasons, we can't use the full power of the True Runes, especially Night, Blue Moon, and Wind. But surely they have the same raw power that some of the others have displayed.

However, there is one group of enemies that could pose a serious threat to this party. This group would probably never assemble (since a couple of them hate each other already), but it could be a deadly group of foes:

Hikussak(Circle), Yuber(Eightfold), Barbarosa(Sovereign), Luca(with the Beast somehow), Sasarai(Earth), Windy(Gate)

For the most part, all of these characters are firmly ensconsced as enemies. (Luc and Sasarai obviously change places, but since this is SII, Luc is a good guy and Sasarai a bad.) Not only that, but they're the main bad guys. Even further, this breaks down into excellent one-on-one duels. The ancients: Hikussak vs. Sierra. Yuber vs. Pesmerga (the last I heard, no one knows if Pes has a true rune or not. No matter, he is still supernatural). Barbarosa (Dragon King Sword) vs. Viktor (Star Dragon Sword). Luca vs. Riou (Here, Jowy would have to be brought in to team up against Luca if he had the Beast Rune somehow affixed to his body or sword. Maybe Jowy could stab him in the back again with the Black Sword.) Sasarai vs. Luc (Obvious). Windy vs. Tir (Once again, Obvious).

If Hikussak could get along with Windy and Yuber and vice versa, and these two groups met on the highway between Muse and Greenhill, those little squirrels better fly the heck away in a hurry. Luc and Yuber might've gotten their wish of destruction and chaos 30 years sooner.

Once again, I'm sorry if I was supposed to provide individual reasons for the members I picked. While there are certain characters that I just absolutely don't use, most of my parties are chosen because of some relationship they share with the other characters (that doesn't have to be Unite attacks), not because they are the absolute best at what they do. I figure that I can beat the game with just about any party; I'm playing for the story, even if it's just my imagination writing into the story.

If there are any other funny parties or profound parties, I'd love to see some more of that.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I tried doing the Riou + 5 squirrels thing. All of them including Riou were at Level 99.

Riou - Bright Shield, Resurrection, Mother Earth, and equip him Kindness Rain and Canopy Defense scrolls if you wish.
Makumaku - Blue Gate, Flowing
Mekumeku - Thunder
Mikumiku - Cyclone
Mokumoku - Double-Beat
Mukumuku - Rage

It's pointless to give Mokumoku a magic rune since he has the lowest MAG stat, so just stick him a Double-Beat Rune. He has the highest attack power out of the squirrels too so you'd be packing some damage (if he doesn't miss anyway lol).

Makumaku will cast Protect Mist on the first round, Kindness Rain when needed, and Pale Palace/Empty World when the Beast Rune's barrier is disabled.

Mekumeku has an offensive rune so this is a no-brainer. Don't waste the Level 4 MP immediately. Just use Thor Shot until the Beast Rune and the barrier dies down, then have him combine spells with Mukumuku to cast Blazing Camp.

Mikumiku will just cast The Shredding, and eventually combine spells with Riou to cast Fierce Wind Fangs. Healing Wind when needed.

Riou is there to do damage control, and cast Forgiver's Sign or Earthquake during free turns.

It's a pretty solid party. The only thing you have to worry about is spell backfire, which can really screw you over. Cast Water Dragon, Fierce Wind Fangs, or Thor if you have to in order to revive multiple fallen allies.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow, do you have the ability to record that for youtube?? : )
gildedtalon

Re: [Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by gildedtalon »

1.Georg, he looks badass and knows what he's doing with critical and consecutive attacks occuring all over the place
2.Shiro, with Fury rune/double beat, he's a killer machine
3.Pesmerga, he looks like a tough general
4.Camus, I just don't like the others
5.Luc, he's always been my favourite magician
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Front Row:
Sheena, with a double beat, Fury rune he's a killing machine, there's a third rune too but i forgot the name.
Pesmerga, just because he's frikkin awesome and strong.
Flik, nice melee attacks and good magic skill, he makes a powerful combat tool.

Back row:
Tengaar, for some attacks and some magic, she's awesome with a water/flowing rune.
Mazus, the dude is awesome with a Lightning/Thunder rune.
And ofcourse, Riou for obvious reasons.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:wow, do you have the ability to record that for youtube?? : )
Over a year later on the answer lol. Unfortunately, I do not. And I seem to have misplaced my Suikoden II disc. :(
TirMcDohl

Post by TirMcDohl »

With Tir McDohl Converted:

Front:
Pesmerga:Equip him with Fury Rune and Killer Rune if possible.
Flik:Change the Lightning Rune into Thunder.
Viktor:Equip with Double Beat and Double Strike Rune.

Back:
Tir:Nothing Change.
Riou:Add Ressurection and Gale Rune.
Luc:Change the Wind into Cyclone and add Flowing Rune.

Without Tir McDohl Converted:

Front:
Wakaba and Long Chan Chan:Add both of em' Fury Rune to deal huge damage when attacking.
Viktor:Equip with Double Beat and Double Strike Rune.

Back:
Riou:Same like above.
Luc:Same like above.
Mazus:No reason.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well, not bad for my usually used characters, they ranked just fine.

In my party I usually have either of the following teams:

Riou, Viktor, Flik, Bolgan, Eilie, Rina

or

Riou, Viktor, Flik, Luc, Eilie, Rina

The first setup consists of Riou as the damager-healer, Viktor and Flik as my primary attackers, Bolgan as my tank, Eilie and Rina as secondary attackers. I haven't tried using the power-up runes on any of of my runs since I prefer to use magic runes more than passive runes. The only reason I picked the circus trio is the Flame Breath unite attack. While Bolgan gets unbalanced, he can still as serve as my party's tank even without doing anything. Viktor with *Fury has insane physical damage and multi-hits quite often. Riou, on the other hand, has the *Bright Shield, can damage decently, and multi-hits more often (normally around 3 or 4, at one run he had 5 hits in one turn). I made Flik an epitome of what a mage knight should be: Decent attacks with nice spells (I like using *Thunder + *Water/Flowing + *Earth/Mother Earth on him, and Thunder+Water unite works well against bosses and heals my party)
Viktor and Flik's Cross Attack does wonders on bosses, more so if Flik also has a *Fury.
Eilie and Rina as my ranged attackers do decent damage and serves as my back-up mages (supportive and offensive, respectively) since I don't have Luc in my party. So far it has done fine in the Beast Rune battle, the battle finishes at a normal pace, since this is only an average team, not an IMBALANCED team)

The second setup consists of Luc as my nuker. Sometimes when I get mad at mobs, I nuke them with Shredding, Thunder Runner, Fire Wall, Dancing Flames, Final Flame, etc. I noticed that physical damage is more effective in the late game, since magic damage is based on a fixed amount, not directly on the user's MAG stat, and mobs and bosses in higher levels have considerably higher MDEF than the earlier mobs. And so the second setup finishes random encounters rather quickly, even without having to overkill them with Fury+Double Beat+Kindness+Fire Lizard/Exertion+ whatever power-up runes I might encounter.

That you have a friend
I'll be with you...
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
vaizeru

Post by vaizeru »

Wakaba and L.C.Chan should equip with fury runes.. Thats great!
I have 6 fury runes and i equip them all.. (Include Luc) haha
I love my "berserk" teams =D =D
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

I haven't really tested this, but how about adding Rina with a violence, double strike, kite and a exertion on the weapon.
Have Mazus and Luc damage her with the lvl 4 pale gate spell and have her use the kite with the proper equipment she should be dealing more than 1000. Use the kindness trick and it will be around 3000.

A great option if you want to destroy all rune pieces in one turn.

Or does the violence effect kick in a round later.

Haven't played this game in a while..
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

How about trying a Double-Beat instead of Kite? Kite does like 0.5x damage to all enemies. Since you probably have a strong party with you, the Kite Rune skill may not be necessary anymore if you can take down a group of enemies in a single turn. Besides, Bronzems with their 1.6k HP are not fun to take down with Kite. Might as well normally attack him. Since Rina is L-ranged, she won't get countered, thus she can attack twice without worrying about the x2 counter damage that S and M range characters often experience.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i agree, Kite will be extremely pointless for random battles if you're using 2 casts of Empty World. For boss fights, Double Beat is the way to go.
It's fine if you're only using Kite for random battles and the Empty World spells are for boss battles, but besides killing them right away what's stopping most bosses from damaging Rina further and KOing her? she will attack well before Mazus, so only Luc's Empty World will hit her on the first turn, and that's likely not enough to trigger Violence. Next turn, Mazus + the enemy's attack will either kill her or give her Violence status so that she can deal high damage in round 3. I think that's pretty risky.
nostalgia

Post by nostalgia »

Code: Select all

Formation:
[ Riou ][ Feather ][ Shiro ]
[ Badeaux ][ x ][ Luc ]
Riou (DD, Sub-Healer)
H - Fury
Rh - Bright Shield
Lh - Double-Beat
Wp - Exertion
Head - Wind Hat
Body - Master Garb
Shield - x
Accessories
- Power Ring
- Power Gloves
- Lucky Ring
Reason/s
I put him as Damage-Dealer as he is the main protagonist and usually, the main protagonist is one of the best damage dealer, may not be top tier, that has access to the best healing spells in the game.
-----
Feather(DD, CC)
H - Shining Wind
Rh - Double-Beat
Lh - x
Wp - x
Head - x
Body - x
Shield - x
Accessories
- x
- x
- x
Reason/s
I put him as Damage-Dealer, despite him consuming 2 character slots as he has the power of 2 characters in terms of raw power. Although I'd be honest, he requires a bit of Stone Training though in moderation so as not to break balance. His Crowd Control skill obviously is his Shining Wind Rune. I noticed that His ATT affects its damage, and not Magic. So it's quite easy to say that he'd be dealing as much as 500 damage with Shining Wind on ground targets. With Double-Beat equipped and Berserk with Howling, he can easily do 1k damage per attack, which is 2k in total.
-----

Shiro (DD)
H - x
Rh - Double-Beat
Lh - x
Wp - x
Head - x
Body - x
Shield - x
Accessories
- x
- x
- x
Reason/s
He's my replacement to Nanami. Plain and simple, he's speedy, has high PROT, albeit not much HP and MAG DEF. But nevertheless, his bite pack a lot of damage, second to Feather's. Plus he can easily receive Berserk Status via Howling.
-----

Luc (Main Healer, Sub-DD)
H - Sunbeam
Rh - Cyclone
Lh - Flowing
Wp - Flowing
Head - Silver Hat
Body - Master Robe
Shield - x
Accessories
- Water Amulet
- Water Amulet
- Wind Amulet
Reason/s
I know a lot of players will flame me for making Luc a healer instead of Damage-Dealer but I'll be quite honest, his massive MP is very much welcomed for extending the party's life expectancy and besides, he can sill do some Wind Magic to do damage though not his priority.
-----

Badeaux (Main Support)
H - x
Rh - Mother Earth
Lh - Howling
Wp - Mother Earth
Head - Flame Helmet
Body - Earth Armor
Shield - x
Accessories
- Magic Ring
- Magic Ring
- Speed Ring
Reason/s
You might be wondering, why put a S type character at the back? Well for me, it's quite simple, he will not be attacking and will focus on supporting so what's the point of putting him in front. At least he will be protected from frontal attacks and still have decent defense on Magic and Long-ranged Physical Attacks. Furthermore, he has a 100% chance to cause Berserk on allied monsters, in this case Feather and Shiro, in the form of Howling. Second, buffing his MAG stat will ensure that I have at least 1 charge of L4 spell for Mother Earth and that's enough to do the job. plus the occasional Earthquakes and Canopy Defense when needed.
-----

Final Note:
I know that doing the Stones trick is involved but made sure that it was done in moderation or were seen fit. After playing with this game for the longest time, I find this as one of my best playthroughs of the game... barring the cookie-cutter characters, i.e Killey and Sheena. On another playthrough, I'm going to try and have Sigfried, Feather and Badeaux in my party and have the two beasts equip Balance runes and just go crazy with Double Monster Attack.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well, how about equipping Badeaux with a Gale Rune? It has something to do with a tweak some people here have discovered.

I knew it the first time when somebody mentioned about having McDohl cast Rune Unites when Luc is in the party, which is normally not possible since Luc has a permanent Speed Ring advantage against McDohl.

McDohl has 05 SPD growth (~150 @ level 60), while Luc actually has the same SPD growth of 05, but will be raised to 06 (~160 @ level 60) due to his perma-Speed Ring. But this was easliy circumvented without the use of the Gale Rune.

In-depth explanation of Badeaux with Gale Rune is described as follows:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 4&start=16

Or you could just use the Stat Stone Trick if you want to break your game.