[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Here's who I used for the final boss, and I didn't have any real difficulty

Sheena - I'm not a huge fan of the Double-Strike Rune, so I gave him a Fury/Double-beat/Killer combination. Not a huge sacrifice for pretty much complete and utter safety

Flik - With a Thunder and Fury rune, Flik was dishing it out both ways. I also have him working with another character in the back of the party.

Oulan - She can be a positive monster, especially if one does Angry Dragon when she is berserk. And since Riou is in the party, and can cast Battle Oath, that's certainly probable.

Riou - Wiht Bright Shield, Fury, and Resurrection, Riou was the main healer, but he could fight in case healing wasn't necessary.

Nina - A character I believe to be underrated. When it comes to Fire Magic, I find that there are none better then her. Mazus would be the sole exception, but I find he's better with Thunder (for that permanent Thunder Rune), but Nina can attack from the back row, and beats him cold when it comes to physics (she's no shiner, but she beats him) Nina used a Rage and Fury Rune to help fight the rune in the beginning. I also linked her with Flik for the unite in the beginning, then Rage + Thunder in the end.

Luc - Quintessential mage. Luc equipped Flowing, Mother Earth, and Cyclone, all three he has an A affinity with. He just went non stop on the magic, with Canopy Defense in the beginning to block the link attack the seal has with the two heads.
-M
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Matt620, I think it would make your party stronger if you attach one of the four Fury Runes into Oulan instead of relying on Riou's Battle Oath to her. Being berserk is more important to her than to the other 4 characters who don't really gain anything (other than x1.5 dmg) by the use of the Fury Rune. Riou seems to be better off without that Fury since his main role is as a healer. If needed to fight physically, Double Beat should be fine on him.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Characters who I've used recently:

Riou: Playthrough 1: he was the main healer as well as attacker with Res. rune. Playthrough 2: One of my strongest attackers, with Fury and Double Beat rune.

LC Chan/Wakaba: While they both can do some good damage seperately, they really shine using the unite. Both berserked, plus 3x damage? So far their attack has done the most damage I've seen yet. (note: i havent leveled any chars up to 99 or used stone tricks yet, ever.) The unite always gets into the 1000s when i use them.

Mazus: A no brainer; very strong magical attack, very strong affinities with Thunder and Rage.

Tengaar: mainly a support character with Mother Earth and Water runes. She uses Canopy Defense almost every turn to protect from the 3 limb attack.

Clive: could break down the beast rune pretty fast with exertion and violence rune, if used correctly.

Shiro: great defense, pretty good attack, also gets multiple hits sometimes.

Rina: another strong magician. i use her when i'm sick of using luc and mazus.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Elle

Post by Elle »

hello ppl!

The party that I rely on almost consistently throughout the entire game are:

Nanami(until she "dies")-unite ability is really helpful

Camus-his rage rune comes in handy

Miklotov-because he has killer defense and a pretty strong attack

Flik-his lightening rune is really great, especially when you get the ultimate attack (Thor Shot) and you can combine it with Camus's final flame.sp?

*note: since the "pretty boy" unite is very powerful this is why I line up this three guys at the front of my party!^^*

and the last person is usually Clive(because I do complete the game everytime by following thru with his quest and it's just easier to keep him there) he is pretty strong too...

Until nanami dies which is at the end of the game, i found it helpful to attach the water rune to her, or the spark rune... When she died, i replace her with the Khan(MEDIUM)...jus cuz he's the next coolest looking one, next to georg and since georg is SMALL i can't fit him in to the list above!

~HaPPy GamiNG every1!!!~
"Why do people depend on each other? In the end you're on your own."-Squall
Lady Chris

Post by Lady Chris »

My party looks like this

Hero Seirra Futch
Luc Ayada Mazus

Luc and Mazus are just there to blow up stuff period i mean thier magic stat is through the roof.

After Nanami " died" i started using Ayada Becuase with a few strengh boosting items a rage rune and a gale rune she kicks a load of booty, really one of the more understimated charcters

Seirra is just awesome shes there for cool factor
Futch is serving as my healer mainly becuase he can take a fiar amount of hits and has decent enough magical skill to use a flowing run efectively

Post by Guest »

Shiro
Hero
Luc
Hero's sis
Stallion (for fast movement on map)
Hero from suikoden 1

Shiro has good attack,defense, and speed, use him for frontline battles. Luc for his magic such as healing and etc... Stallion for traveling on bigs if u didnt get the blinking mirror yet and he is quiet fast in battles. Hero from S1 plus S2 hero for there unite. hero's sis just for a supporting unit, lolz
Giammy91

Post by Giammy91 »

Pes-L60-65-thunder arm:rage
Riou-L60-65-thunder-brigth shield-rage arm:exerition
Mc Dohl-L60-65-rage-soul eater-mother earth arm:thunder
Rina-L60-65-darkness-rage-thunder arm:rage
Luc-L60-65-blu gate-cyclone-mother earth arm:flowing
Mazus-L60-65-blu gate-rage-flowing arm:mother earth

1Pes 2Riou 3Mc Dohl

4Rina 5Luc 6Mazus

the imbattibile sqare :D

Pes-strongly forward
Riou-hero magic forward healer
McDohl-hero magic forward
Rina-magic forward
Luc-strongly magic forward
mazus-strongly magic forward healer

it must work very in order to obtain it...

(you excuse if not understood to me, are Italian...)[/b]
Merlock
Location: Staying at Greenhill...next stop - Matilda Knightdom!

Post by Merlock »

The all time awesome team! :twisted:

Zamza Hero Viktor
Ellie Luc Sierra

The trick with Zamza is that having his own Fire Lizard rune along with a Fire Dragon rune gives him unbilievable attack power. Yes, the rune damages him but that's easily fixable by giving him a Fire Pendant as one of his accessories, which nullifies all fire magic including his own. So having done this the only thing left is to equip him with as much strong equipment as possible to raise his defence and possibly give him a 3rd strong rune (if you decide to raise his magic).

I don't think I need to explain that the Hero needs to be in the party hehe :)

Viktor combines a powerful attack with good defence. I gave him an Earth Rune and attached the same to his sword, which suits him and completes his all-around strength giving him even more chances for surviving (even though it's pretty tough to bring him down).

I don't know why I used Ellie...maybe because I always used her throughout the game as a good long range character. Closer to the end I also raised her magic giving her a Thunder Rune and some other miscellaneous runes to keep her alive longer during major battles. She turned out to be a pretty good character. Obviously she's not a power house but then again standing in the back row let's her make use of her magic to the max.

Luc...is beyond all words. Obviously the most powerful magic weilder in the game. Using the Cyclone Rune and True Wind Rune along with the awesome power of the Pale Gate Rune allows him to stand up to just about any foe as long as he stays in the back. He can protect himself from any magic and even without it his magic defence is high enough to protect him while using his own runes.

And finally Sierra. With her own rune and some other powerful runes she can definitely provide the needed backup against multiple targets as well as protect herself if she swithches her stance to the front row.
Merlock Fang - apprentace mage, brilliant tactician and hopeless romantic, at your service...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Zamza doesn't have a 3rd rune slot, and you can't use the True Wind Rune.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I dont see the point in putting an Earth rune on Viktor. He sucks with magic and you'd be better off giving him a Fury rune or something like that.

Also with Ellie, she would be better with a Fire rune I think since she has a higher affinity for it. (unless i'm wrong)
Merlock

Post by Merlock »

Ah right, I mixed something up, meant the Wind Rune and I have no idea why I thought Zamza has a third rune slot...
I dont see the point in putting an Earth rune on Viktor.
Well as I said an Earth Rune on himself and his weapon gives him superior survival skills.
As far as I know no character has a higher anything to any sort of magic, espcially at the very beginning. As I said I used Ellie throughout the whole game (when she was available) and gave her the Lightning Rune as soon as I could training her like that.
Merlock Fang - apprentace mage, brilliant tactician and hopeless romantic, at your service...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Merlock wrote:Ah right, I mixed something up, meant the Wind Rune and I have no idea why I thought Zamza has a third rune slot...
I dont see the point in putting an Earth rune on Viktor.
Well as I said an Earth Rune on himself and his weapon gives him superior survival skills.
As far as I know no character has a higher anything to any sort of magic, especially at the very beginning. As I said I used Ellie throughout the whole game (when she was available) and gave her the Lightning Rune as soon as I could training her like that.

Don't put a magic rune on Viktor.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Merlock wrote:As I said I used Ellie throughout the whole game (when she was available) and gave her the Lightning Rune as soon as I could training her like that.
How do you "train" someone with a lightning rune? it's not like they get better with it as its used more.
Merlock

Post by Merlock »

nuSeed wrote:How do you "train" someone with a lightning rune? it's not like they get better with it as its used more.
I know. That's why I said:
Merlock wrote:As far as I know no character has a higher anything to any sort of magic
As I see it Ellie is the weakest of the characters in my given party. Giving her a Kite Rune weakens her attack too much, where as her regular long range attack is obviously not the strongest in the party. So obviously rune power are what I rely on with her...
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

1. Tir - Soul Eater, Fury, Double-Beat (Flowing)
2. Viktor - Fury, Double-Beat (Knockdown)
3. Flik - Fury, Lightening (Knockdown)
4. Riou - Fury, Bright Shiled, Double-Beat (Kindness)
5. Luc - Mother Earth, Flowing, Cyclone (Flowing)
6. Mazus - Rage, Lightening, Blue-Gate (Flowing)

Basically 4 strong physical attackers (all in fury), 5 very strong magical attackers, 2 different strong unites, all elemental runes between the two stronger mages as well as with the best affinities.

I tend to put Master Garbs and Skill Rings on most of the fighters to boost up tech as a primary stat. Viktor I boost speed as secondary and Flik I boost his power (power rings) as a secondary stat. As for Luc and Mazus......Magic Rings, Magic Rings, Magic Rings. Get this party to Lvl.99 and you'll be unstopable!!! Can you say took out Beast Rune in 2 (yes thats TWO) rounds.

Basically an amazing team both for bosses and multiple enemies, even though I just let Luc's Cyclone or Mazus's Rage rune take out the latter in one turn. O and this is also an extremelly fast party with the exception of Viktor and Mazus but a few Speed Rings fix that.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p