[Discussion] IczR1's Suikoden 2 Character Rankings

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pen

Re: [Discussion] IczR1's Suikoden 2 Character Rankings

Post by Pen »

I believe that, on the lists, there isn't anothers areas because the problem with the "other ways to help the team" is that in Suikode 2, defense and support really take the short end of the stick.

If you kill something fast enough, you won't have to worry about it's damage, correct? So offense has a huge advantage over support and defense because make the problems go away too fast for the problem to be a problem to begin with.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

But I don't use characters solely on damage dealt alone. I am high on what a character can do on the team, no matter what. That's how I managed to use characters in Suikoden 2 who would otherwise be useless.

Heck, I even brought Tuta, easily THE worst character in the game, with me to the Beast Rune. That's how easy this game is.

For now, I think there should be separate tiers for physical damage and magical damage.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Saj

Post by Saj »

Still killey got avatage stats. If you use stat Stone glitch you can also use code change so aby char can have 3 rune slots but we speak about game and you try to cheat all time. You got at lest beast rune 5 target and this game in default is 6v6 not 1v6 . And fury db ds is also overkill lol .
Saj

Post by Saj »

Pls think about game system , like there was more chalanges. For eg. Killey can do massive dmg phisical but still on BR unlucky attacks he will get killed in 1 st turn.
Well in most cases Luc might also get killed in 1st turn. 3x right head attack eatch takes about 200dmg, Rune attack 300dmg on my 520hp Luc.
Killey right head 170 dmg, left head 180, rune 330dmg on 560hp (damn he dont have mutch hp).

I play on Killey basic monk setup
(Fury/DB/DS) wind hat, master garb, skill ring power gloves and 1 usable.

My Luc got full mage but in different forms like:
(BG/Flowing/Thunder) wid hat, master robe, speed ring (permanent) winged boots and 1 usable.

Killey make in 1st turn (no miss no crit) 2x 450dmg = 900 dmg to Rune
Luc in this setup can use Thor for over 2000dmg on Rune. In this set on 1st turn my Riou and Flick can cast usable before Thor so it almost always do 3100 dmg.
AND IT IS IN 1st TURN! No need for Alert Rune, It's just because Thor don't have 1,3 speed multipler. AND
ofc Thor revive and heal all team btw.
So pls think again, meaby that is it, some people dont whant to think to mutch , ok i get it, u can do Killey monk bulid (also if You say most customisable it also works on Luc, Sheena , and Hai Yo etc.), and got most phisical dmg, still i prefer Victor, bether stats, massive crits, and dou his low speed great end turn healer.

Btw Killey -monk bulid got some weakness :
lower def ofc, Killey is M rage so he wont be able to hit back row, he often miss hits in attack (just elemental dmg) , and he can hit just one target a time ( he have weak SPD, and avarage Luck and Tech so also no crits too often he is not Riou) and if there was like Killey vs Valeria (mongosh + hazy rune) we would be usless.
Unfortunable there is no that kind of enemy in game coz its ends on 60lv.

I wish there would be a mode to play player vs player! Like Vs mode, so many different heros setups can be made,
Last edited by Saj on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Saj

Post by Saj »

ninjaluc79 wrote:But I don't use characters solely on damage dealt alone. I am high on what a character can do on the team, no matter what. That's how I managed to use characters in Suikoden 2 who would otherwise be useless.

Heck, I even brought Tuta, easily THE worst character in the game, with me to the Beast Rune. That's how easy this game is.

I think there should be separate tiers for physical damage and magical damage.
I ofc also tried her, for me any use is to take water/flowing rune, and use Clay Guardian on her. I wish Medicine Rune was working different like can be triggered many times in turn or just didnt wast turn and use only medicine or mega medicine (have woring with Tinto Speciality would ba awesone).
For me she will always carry skunk or Wall rune just not to be an addicional problem for team who will waste turn to revive her or heal.

I think there should be Tank and support class, Some can connect differnet roles like Mage+supp and even more uslefull Tank+support .
F. eg w8 two turns on Beast Rune battle. Even if You use defend on bad luck almost all char will be dead.