Gale rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai is cute

Gale rune

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Can you only get gale runes from the "Sickle" enemy outside of Muse before occupation?

I thought I'd spend a cuople of extra hours at the beginning of the game, stocking up on double beat runes and killer runes from North Sparrow Pass and Ryube Forest respectively.

Those can be gained later in the game too, however, but the Sickle enemy which drops the Gale rune, is it gone forever once Muse is occupied?
Those who fear dying deserves death.
HolyPaladin

Re: Gale rune

Post by HolyPaladin »

Sasarai is cute wrote:Can you only get gale runes from the "Sickle" enemy outside of Muse before occupation?
I think the 'Sickle' enemies are the only ones who give Gale Runes. Besides those enemies, I believe the only other Gale Rune you can get is from Koyu.
Sasarai is cute wrote:Those can be gained later in the game too, however, but the Sickle enemy which drops the Gale rune, is it gone forever once Muse is occupied?
Yes, they're gone forever once Muse is occupied.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the bunnies are the sickle enemies? because I know I got 1 from the white bunny
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the *Double-beat / *Technique runes that are dropped by the Cut Rabbits? The "Sickle" enemies are the skinny guys that appear outside of Muse before its occupation and liberation.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Sickles are the only easy ways to obtain Gale runes.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah your probably right about me confusing the double beat runes with the gale runes, and I think I was confusing the suikoden 3 bunnies{who drop gale runes} with the suikoden 2 ones{who dont}
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Gale Runes are very easy to obtain, that is if you get a whole stash of them from the monster "Sickle" before Muse's occupation. In the Suikoden II bestiary, it says that Sickle is the only monster to drop a Gale Rune. It should be quite easy to get a bundle of these runes, because they are commonly dropped by the Sickles.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

A good trick is to save at Hilda's white deer inn, then go out and fight til you get a gale rune.
Then save at Hilda's and turn the power off. Then turn it on and go out fighting again.

I got 6 gale runes in like 30-60 minutes this way.

When I just saved and kept on fightin without turning the power off, or when I pushed reset, it could take forever bewteen the runes.

But when I actually turned the power off, it happened THREE times that I got a new gale rune on my FIRST encounter with the sickles.

I think it might be worth a try if you want to get them fast.

Especially Nanami is very deadly with a combination of gale rune, double-beat rune and killer rune.
This is the difference between a lousy Nanami and a killer Nanami who uses her speed and technique to devastating effect.

I say you skip the spark rune and give her a gale rune instead. Combined with a double beat and later a killer OR a double strike, unlike Gremio this little girl isn't just a burden.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Too bad Nanami can't equip 3 Runes.

Also, I usually give Nanami a spark rune and a double beat, although I've been known to occasionally give her the double-beat/fury combo or the double beat-double strike combo, especially since you can get a lot of double beat and fury runes at the beginning of the game.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

gale rune... such a very useful rune in the begining of the game... i attached it to riou in the start...
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

umm actually Riou is one of the faster characters in the game, NOT the fastest, but i'd say one of the top 10-15 fastest characters in the game with good "Speed" skill. Namani will be eventually faster than Riou though if you get them near an equal level. I was thinking the Gale Rune would be used for slow-mid speed characters like Clive or a mage if you want to cast your magic early. But it's your preference.
Strategy is the key to victory!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Clive is not slow. He's got the same speed as Riou.

And Gale Rune can still benefit Riou even though, since SPD helps in getting multiple attacks.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

At the start of Suikoden, I have suffered having the Sickle enemy attack before my entire party, even Nanami! That's why at the start of the game, I usually like obtaining quite a few Gale Runes, 6 at the most, (getting some for later in the game is a wise idea, as they are hard to come by) so I can attach them to some of my characters, preferably the slow ones such as Zamza, so they can strike even before the fastest of enemies. If you have a Gale Rune - paired with a Spark Rune - it can be a deadly combination.

When doing the Matilda Trick, a level 15 or so Nanami or Riou with a Gale Rune, could even strike before those tough enemies, including Phantom and Pink Bird, but don'y count on it.

Overall, the Gale Rune is extremely useful, not only for slow characters, but for faster characters as well, to increase their speed further, meaning it's almost guaranteed that they will attack before ant opponent. Look in to pairing it with a Spark Rune so your whole party can attack before any given opponent.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

the gale rune is very usefull with riou specially whan you do the matilda trick... if you already have the bright shield rune... riou will always be the first to act... that means he can heal those units...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If Riou is the first to act, who would he be healing? It'd be smarter to unite with Jowy or use the second spell instead of healing a group that hasn't lost any HP. Unless, of course, you're talking about the second or third battle, when some HP might've been lost in the previous engagement.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

yea, my point exactly, the Gale Rune would be a lot more useful on other characters instead of taking up one of Riou's rune slot.
Riou will usually be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person to act unless you have an entire group of ninjas and speedsters (e.g Stallion).
But it's your preference. we're just giving you advice.
Strategy is the key to victory!