[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Antimatzist

Re: [FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

Post by Antimatzist »

You can't recruit Gremio.

But.. yeah, that's pretty much it.

Also, if you load a Suikoden II Save in which you already transferred a Suikoden I save into your Suikoden III game, you get two additional theatre pieces. But since you play the PAL-versions, you can't do that ;)
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

What about the weapon level? Should i max out the ones that appear in Suikoden 2? Viktor, Flik, Futch etc.

But you will see Gremio, right? If you load a S1 data

Thank you for your reply
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

LetsRock wrote:What about the weapon level? Should i max out the ones that appear in Suikoden 2? Viktor, Flik, Futch etc.

But you will see Gremio, right? If you load a S1 data

Thank you for your reply

you have to load suiko 1 data with all 108 stars to see gremio. I'm not sure about the weapon levels, you should just max it out anyway. Its so easy making money in Suikoden 1.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm also not sure about weapon levels. I think it will give a boost, but don't know how much.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Recurring characters that had a Level 16 weapon in Suikoden I have a +3 weapon level bonus in Suikoden II.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Thank you all for trying to help me.

btw, when i start a new game on Suikoden 2 with Suikoden 1 data, what will happen when i delete the save file of Suikoden 1? Or when my Suikoden 1 characters that appear in Suikoden 2 get at higher levels?(imagine you have already loaded a S1 data) Maybe a dump question but i would appreciate it if someone could answer this.

@Antimatzist

So there is only a NTSC-U (not PAL) release of Suikoden 3?
Last edited by LetsRock on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

You can delete the Suikoden I save as soon as you upload it when you start Suikoden II and it wont effect your Suikoden II save. You wont even be able to get the main character from the first game until half way into the second game.

You wont be able to keep adding to your charcters levels in the first game to have it transferred to the second game after you have loaded your suikoden I data.

Once you have transferred the data from the last save point in Greminster in suikoden I, (before the final boss) to the beggining of Suikoden II you wont be able to keep adding to their levels. So make sure that you have leveled your characters up enough before you transfer the data.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, only NTSC. If you want the bonuses, you could download saves from gamefaqs and save them on your memory card, thats what I did.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Thanks for the answers.

@gilgamesh31

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

No problem mate, i was trying to make it as less confusing as i could but it was still pretty hard to understand im glad it helped you though. :)
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

Hey I am having trouble with my suiko I PSN save being read, I saved just before the final boss and I get all defaults for character stats Viktor should be 22, Flik 22 etc etc but I get them at default 20 and it has no problem loading my suiko 1 save am I doing something wrong?

I'm playing the US Suikoden II on psp.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You don't get bonuses for all characters unless you got them all to level 99.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

Didn't work first time, and I used a different save it worked Viktor and Flik are 22 weapons are default (6 and 7)

*whew I thought for a second my game was PAL.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/ ... koden+Data

The start of combing through the code. A couple of interesting points came up. Tai Ho gets no bonuses because he was never set up to. It looks like they tried to transfer runes, but it would only happen if they didn't put a rune on a character by default. Even if the character is empty of runes, it's probable that the module is looking at the wrong data, so it wouldn't transfer right anyway.
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

The rune carry over is a surprise. If true, it may be possible to carry over some runes that are rare in S2. That would be a pretty worthwile thing to fix. One thing, since transferred armor gets permanently equipped on the characters who get that bonus, would the same apply to runes?

Speaking of armor carry overs, I've wondered why only a couple of characters get this bonus. Could it be another glitch or a design choice?

Also from your wiki:
Tai Ho doesn't receive bonuses because he wasn't set up to. Was he forgotten or deliberately excluded? Who knows? Everybody misses Vincent for some reason.
Vincent wasn't playable in S1. It makes no sense that he would be set to get bonuses. Maybe that was supposed to be the bonus for Tai Ho and someone put in the wrong character data?
Last edited by Leon481 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.