Maximum damage (single attack) part II!

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Once again, it may not be ideal to recall things from memory. The Violence Rune works exactly as I described in this thread.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7911
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm since rnoron has been testing the violence rune effect, i feel like doing some more testing pretty soon and hopefully produce some new max damage numbers! Killey, Bob, and Valeria are all candidates to try out, although it is likely Stallion's setup in the beginning of this thread is her max potential. What comes into question is Exertion, and (i'll also try to figure out the violence effect as there could be some issues with the dmg multiplier we had come up with).

i know someone had found Exertion could possibly be giving 2.2x damage or more.. so if it's really 2.2x after like 6-7 turns, one only has to achieve an ATK value higher than 455 to justify using Exertion instead of the Kindness trick.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

okay, Exertion definitely maxes at 2x ATK.
and criticals seem to multiply Damage (not atk) by 3.
my Bob setup was just Kindness + Violence. i found he stays as a werewolf for 3 turns or something so i should have just given him an extra Sylph Rune to trigger Violence after changing. but i did it the hard way by taking hits (made his PROT=0 and no equipment to help)

there's actually 2 numbers that pop up when you get a value overflow.. the first is white then the next is green!

http://www.suikosource.com/kfcrispy/Bob ... eper_1.gif
http://www.suikosource.com/kfcrispy/Bob ... eper_2.gif

i found the Chick's PDF is around 4-7. let's say 5 since there is some randomness with the numbers.
(999 atk (kindness) x 4.5 (violence) x 2 (werewolf) - 5) x 3 (critical)x 2 (sleep) = 53916
so i'd say Bob can deal 53900 with a max setup (Kindness trick, Violence status, werewolf status, critical hit) on the Chick with the help of sleep, and i actually got 26946 on a non-sleep hit, which is just about half.

and thanks to rnoron's testing with the Violence Rune, we can figure out some other numbers more accurately!
for Valeria, i'm actually not sure where the multipliers are for the Critical Falcon hit. the rune's in-game description says 2x dmg, and Suikoden's descriptions are generally accurate when it comes to rune damage... but -_-
let's just assume the enemy has 0 DEF, then Valeria (Kindness trick, Violence Rune, critical Falcon) can actually only get in the 22470's and hit a sleeper for about 44950.

i'm not going to bother to redo Killey for another screenshot. since i have to max his PROT to work with Warrior to get his ATK to 558 and don't get a spare rune slot for Sylph, it would take hours to get a Chick to reduce his HP again. i could possibly use Blue Gate, but it requires further setup. anyway, we can calculate his max damage..
Killey needs a lot of setup to boost his ATK beyond 499, letting Exertion's effect be more effective than the Kindness trick. 255 ATK, 255 PROT (and maxing TECH/LUK helps with critical hit rate). Master's Garb, 3 Power Rings, max Weapon level. Warrior, Violence, Double-Strike, and Exertion Runes.
on a Chick, he should hit for about 22570's, and if it's asleep, 45150.

so (so far...), the King of damage is actually BOB!
Last edited by KFCrispy on Thu May 24, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

really impressive maths, thx to all ppl who helped, that kind of things are awesome to read for me, and as for the champion, i sopose a lot of ppl ( like me and my brother ) know that bob is the best in werewolf form!
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Just another possibility-
If Bob/Valeria/any of the three slotters have any character relations you might possibly pull an additional multiplier by KOing their protected chars. Didn't bother testing this but at I'd put it at somewhere around x1.25 to x1.3 extra damage. So far I tried Rina/Eilie/Bolgan but they don't seem to be protecting each other in battle, despite their plot relationship. :roll: Maybe Sid/Chaco or something else might work.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think it would stack with Violence status, though. but that can probably get tested with Hero/Nanami or something..
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

edit: ally-ko status is exactly the same as normal berserk status.
Last edited by rnoron on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

if anybody wants to break the record again, why not just put a firelizard on bob and find an enemy with a fire weakness?

i'd estimate the maximum damage to be 80-90k.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Fire Lizard does not cause your attack to deal elemental damage, only Fire dmg is dealt to the attacker after a normal attack. Fire Lizard increases ATK by 50%.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

nah it works. try it out
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:Fire Lizard does not cause your attack to deal elemental damage, only Fire dmg is dealt to the attacker after a normal attack. Fire Lizard increases ATK by 50%.
Use Fire Lizard on a fire elemental enemy like the Fire Salamander between Tigermouth and Drakemouth and you'll find that it will deal 0 dmg as they absorb fire-dmg.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok, thanks. but i'm not doing the whole damage thing again with fire weakness.. the damage looks silly anyway since the number limit is broken!
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

KFCrispy wrote:Fire Lizard does not cause your attack to deal elemental damage, only Fire dmg is dealt to the attacker after a normal attack. Fire Lizard increases ATK by 50%.
Not sure if this was offered yet, but what if one were to put a Fire Sealing Rune on someone who already has a Fire Lizard Rune. It would be interesting to see if the rune bearer would receive no damage from the Fire Lizard Rune.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this is a known "trick" or combination from a while back.. it works, but of course wearing a Fire Sealing Rune decreases your potential damage output since you are giving up a rune slot.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Well, it works on the early parts of the game. I gave the combination to Viktor and he dealt crazy tons of damage against the Abomination at Neclord's Castle. XD

I think the Fire Lizard rune only works with normal attack though, not on special runes.