Maximum damage (single attack) part II!

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no the Violence Rune on Bob is definitely only doing 1.5x dmg. tested as a regular human, as a werewolf (banshee after the round he transformed), and also just before he becomes a werewolf (banshee w/faster character and he transforms same round). he is not getting the expected 5x bonus!! try yourself!
this puts some other things into question.. maybe characters have "affinities" for this "Violence" rune????? or maybe it's just Bob being weird.

also, yeah i don't know about that damage overflow calculation as calculated by Pyriel. 53K is more than valeria can do, unless your normal attack is a statistic and the value given is like a mean score rather than a max. but i don't think that is the case.

also, ew can conclude the number overflow bug also applies to Killey and his "separate" attacks--they must be added simultaneously causing the enemy to heal for approx the same amt as that Valeria screencap, but the display numbers are not large enough to go negative themselves!

the Violence Rune does have its advantages on slower characters--they have a higher chance of getting "2 round" with Violence because they can lose enough life in round A before they attack, then they are "violenced" for the entirety of round B. also, slower characters are generally less accurate--they may have to use something like a Titan Rune..
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

hey now, what did the field monsters do to deserve this? a one-hit kill is a one hit-kill. Passing the damage limit and going into the healing realm, holy....
Fayt

Georg.

Post by Fayt »

Have you tried Georg.? I have only a Double strike and what he originaly had.. He will hit 3 people doing over 1500 each.. He must be even bettere with Violence, Killer, or *Fury* Orb on him along with another like Double strike...
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

You shouldn't have double posted you'll probaly get grilled by the Mods "anyway enough plesentrys" I thought the Hix and Tengaar unite did quite good damage when they were at level 45 with Hix equiped with a Double-Strike it did about 1200 when i was fighting Luca Blight quite handy so it was. 8)
Hxc Flavor

Re: Georg.

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Fayt wrote:Have you tried Georg.? I have only a Double strike and what he originaly had.. He will hit 3 people doing over 1500 each.. He must be even bettere with Violence, Killer, or *Fury* Orb on him along with another like Double strike...
Georg only has one rune slot, meaning you couldn't have a Double Strike and a Killer (What he originally had on him.) And he could only use one of any of those good runes. Bummer, I know.

Georg is pretty badass but he doesn't have enough rune slots to get huge damage like Valeria or 3 slotters like Killey and Sheena.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we're also only talking about one single "hit", not worrying about the chances of hitting multiple enemies or "total damage in a turn", which would factor in double beat rune, counter-attacks, even reflect spell, etc.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

heh i was looking up Valeria's critical Falcon info and enjoyed re-reading this thread.

apparently the Bob problem i had been having is a problem i found when i tried to beat the Beast Rune in 1 round--for some reason, using the Banshee rune to suck HP out of a Violence Rune character will induce regular berserk instead of violent berserk. so it is still possible to make Bob into a monster, and i'd be willing to try one of these days.

how long does Bob stay as a werewolf? the easiest way to induce Violence would be having him use a Sylph Rune which reduces your own HP by 2/3 and distributes it to your teammates. this can be done with a cheat device and it's just making it easier than timing Bob taking enough damage in the battle to go Violence while as a werewolf. but if werewolf form only lasts 1 round i'd have to do it the hard way. Bob has 1 locked rune slot so putting Sylph on that would not be reducing his potential, either.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Question: how do you get the 5x damage from Violence Rune??
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

The character has to be damaged by the enemy for over half their maximum HP in damage.

However, I don't know whether it needs to be half damage in a single turn, or if they can be 1HP above max and get hit for 2, or something.

It doesn't have to be a single attack, that's for sure. I got the 5x violent berserk on Kasumi when hit twice by Lucia's attacks...it's too bad Shrike Rune isn't as good as Valeria's Falcon rune :(
Down, boy. Let my other characters kill something for a change.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Does that mean self-inflicted damage won't work?

That would be a pity, cuz I thought of a 1 turn Beast Rune strat using only 4 characters (I'm getting quite sick of the topic but I can't help it if the ideas keep coming xD)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

self-inflicted damage does trigger Violence. try the Sylph Rune (as mentioned with the Bob idea). however, Banshee Rune (a teammate drains the Violence character's HP) doesn't cause violence berserk, only regular.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

Just found this out.. Violence only works in the turn after it is triggered. Damage from anywhere works though
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

rnoron wrote:Just found this out.. Violence only works in the turn after it is triggered. Damage from anywhere works though
Violence works when it is triggered until the end of the next turn. A slow character who gets damaged by a faster enemy and goes into violence berserk will get to attack during that turn then the next turn with the violence effect.

as for your "Damage from anywhere works", have you been reading the posts? have you tried using the Banshee Rune to trigger the Violence status?
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

KFCrispy wrote:Violence works when it is triggered until the end of the next turn. A slow character who gets damaged by a faster enemy and goes into violence berserk will get to attack during that turn then the next turn with the violence effect.
Have you actually tried using a slow character to deal that damage in the turn he was Berserked? Or are you assuming that violence is triggered as soon as Berserk appears?
KFCrispy wrote:as for your "Damage from anywhere works", have you been reading the posts? have you tried using the Banshee Rune to trigger the Violence status?
That doesn't make much sense. Remember that Violence is only triggered the turn after the required damage is dealt, so if you were looking for violence damage in the turn you used the Banshee Rune you probably won't have gotten it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Violence does work the turn it triggers. when i first tried the Violence Rune, the first time i saw it was on Viktor vs Lucia. Lucia is faster than Viktor. she weakened my party enough that Viktor went berserk from the Violence Rune and dealt an insane amount of damage. next turn he did it again, ending the battle. this was my first encounter with Violence and it led me to believe that Violence lasts for multiple rounds, not just 1 as many had been saying. after further testing, i realized how it worked.

and i did test hits several rounds after Banshee had been used because i didn't understand why my numbers were so low. i also found the berserk status was lingering (not disappearing the end of next round as Violence should) which helped me conclude i had been activating normal berserk and not triggering the Violence Rune.