[Glitch] Japanese Stew Recipe aka Recipe #34

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Suki

[Glitch] Japanese Stew Recipe aka Recipe #34

Post by Suki »

Has anyone ever gotten this recipe? The strategy guide says it is a rare item gotten from the yellow Doremi Elf in Greenhill Forest. We've gotten several Japanese Stews which are also listed as rare but we've been trying for quite a long time to get this elusive recipe with no luck. I thought I'd come here and see if it is even possible to get.

Anyone?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

silvosforever wrote:Hello all, I haven't posted in the Suikosource forums in a while, but I think I've found the true cause of the Recipe #34 problem.

While I haven't narrowed it down completely (that is, to an individual recipe) I have found a reliable way to obtain Recipe #34 (though farming it still took me half an hour each time, I was still able to get it).

It's pretty simple and there are only two guidelines you need to follow:

1. Do NOT obtain Recipe #12. You can always get it later, so just wait until after you get #34 to get #12.
2. Do NOT do ANY cooking contests until you obtain Recipe #34. One of the cooking contest rewards causes a flag error with Recipe #34. Both times I got the drop were in games were I completely avoided the cooking contest.

Many people say they pick up every recipe in the game except 12 and they still managed to get 34, but often times they are't including their progress in the cooking contests. It took me a long time to figure this part out, since I got every recipe I could get as well and still could not get 34 to drop. The difference was I had progressed further in the cooking contest than those people.

Try it yourself and see.
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

Woohoo it is indeed possible to get. And it was from the doremi elves.

Ya its from the time you retake greenhill in the forest
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

You should also try not to get any other recepies before this one except for the 3 you really must: 1) From Doctor Huan 2) From Taki's House before you recruit her 3) From the woman in the Greenhill Inn the first time you visit. Aside from that makes sure you don't BUY any or if monsters drop them you don't have to but to be safe reset, and finally AVOID Recipe #12 at all costs (Forest Village Eagle dudes drop em).

Apparentlly #12 and #34 cancell each other out. If you give either one of them to Hai Yo you cannot acquire the other, so get them both at the same time if possible, #34 first though.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

#12 is the only one that affects #34, and vice-versa.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Probably got it from there years ago, unsure now.

So you can collect all the other recipes before you get these two then right?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well Jowy you were right. It seems it doesn't matter how many you get as long as #12 or #34 aren't GIVEN to Hai Yo without actually obtaining the other one. Still, though, you shouldn't forget the 3 recepies I mentioned above as they too are lost forevers. I'm making a lost forevers guide for Suiko II at the moment so I'll try and state clear facts about all the recepies. Tanx for the info Jowy.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

If that is the case, why cant i find that Recipe? I've been searching for it hours and hours but all i get with those Yellow Doremi Elf is Either throat drops or Japanese Stew(Healing Item). I have'nt gotten The Recipe12 yet, Because as you all guys said, Aim for #34 first before aiming for #12, then give those at the same time to Hai Yo. Right? Other recipes would not affect the drop of #34, but why do i have a difficult time of getting this #34. Pls help me.. GIve some advice... Thanx!

^_^

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
TheNeclord

Post by TheNeclord »

yipikiyayey21 wrote:If that is the case, why cant i find that Recipe? I've been searching for it hours and hours but all i get with those Yellow Doremi Elf is Either throat drops or Japanese Stew(Healing Item). I have'nt gotten The Recipe12 yet, Because as you all guys said, Aim for #34 first before aiming for #12, then give those at the same time to Hai Yo. Right? Other recipes would not affect the drop of #34, but why do i have a difficult time of getting this #34. Pls help me.. GIve some advice... Thanx!

^_^

[21]
Strange, Ive never had the #12, #34 problem. In any case the guide says it drops from "Doremi Elf C152(Yellow) in Greenhill forest." That is AFTER liberation if im not mistaken. Its a pain getting it since it is a rare drop, but keep at it and you should get it.
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Is that so? Ok, i'll keep on looking. I'll inform you guys if i already Got it! Thanx!

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Aaaarrghh, it has been almost an hour and those freaking Elves won't drop Recipe#34. Can anyone tell me what Recipe#12 is? I wanna check with Hai Yo to see if I have given him by mistake.

Edit : I have checked and it seems that Recipe#12 is Sandwich and I do not have any sandwich in my menu. So, WHY AM I NOT GETTING THE RECIPE#34!?! Sry for the caps, but it is so aggravating. I have been at it for hours. Another question, I heard you can only obtain this recipe DURING or AFTER the liberation? Someone help~~~

Edit #2 : I need answers....HEEEELLPP HEEELPPP.... *desperate*

Edit #3 : Woooo!!! I GOT IT AFTER THE LIBERATION!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

Let me get this straight now, cause I've been at it for 5 hours...

...you did, in fact, get the recipe after liberating Greenhill?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Mithrandir wrote:Let me get this straight now, cause I've been at it for 5 hours...

...you did, in fact, get the recipe after liberating Greenhill?
After I defeated the Bone Dragon and Yuber starts sobbing, I went back to the Domitory. Outside, Lucia was seen running into the Academy. You are supposed to chase her so that you could meet Jowy. While chasing her, I met some random battles and TaaddAaaaa....I got the Recipe. So, I got it AFTER liberation.
Last edited by Agremsep on Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

My memory may be shady, but I think I've gotten the damn recipe before liberation. I think as soon as you infiltrate Greenhill, you can get it.