Riou's Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
mokumoku

Riou's Rune

Post by mokumoku »

I usually equipped Riou with the Mother Earth Rune but as I got through the game, i found it's sometimes useless..... can someone advice me what rune(s) should i equipped with Riou.... also advice me what rune is to be equipped with McDohl.... hehehehe :D
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Since Riou's the healer, I say give him a Flowing rune as soon as possible. You're going to get to the point where the level 2 spell of the Bright Shield Rune will be useless. You may as well use his level 2 for Kindness Rain, which heals 300 hp.

As for Mcdohl, if you want him to be a hardcore mage, then give him Blue Gate and something else. (Rage or thunder will do, despite his low affinity)
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Another alternative is to make them as fighters by equipping Double Beat Rune and Fury Rune if you plan on using them separately (not their unite). If you plan on using their unite quite often, Double Strike and Fury Rune would be better.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Divine Dragon

Post by Divine Dragon »

I ususally have Riou equipped with the Fury and Friendship runes.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I found Riou is also pretty good with the Ressurection rune. Just for some added damage when he doesn't need to heal.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I usally give the hero the rage and flowing rune,

and mcdohl the Thunder and Cyclone rune
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

DD, I believe the Friendship Rune is a -weapon- Rune, is it not? So another slot would be available.

Personally, I always equip him with a Double Beat Rune and usually get a second magic rune of some kind, though it changes with my mood. Briefly I give him a Fire Sealing Rune, but that is for one very obvious sequence.
*Flik Fan*

Post by *Flik Fan* »

I give him rage and thunder or lightning...I give flowing and cyclone to luc since he's useful...I'm currently playing suikoden 1 so I can get mcdohl so i don't know about him yet...
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

Tir and Riou both with Fury runes do about 500 dmg with thier unite attack. Made short work of the L'Roldia guards.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I give Riou a Ressurection Rune, generally, with a Down rune equipped on his weapon.

McDohl (Or TcDohl as the game likes to call him) I give a Cyclone Rune, with a Down rune equipped on his weapon.

The Ressurection Rune is so Riou can do healing before getting the Shield's level 4, and some damage if healing is not needed.

McDohl gets the Cyclone Rune for boss battles, otherwise the Soul-eater does just fine.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

It's also fun early in the game to put Double Beat runes and Technique runes on the Hero and Nanami to get some extra money. I found they are the most likely to get multiple attacks earlier in the game so stealing some potch will make it that much easier to upgrade weapons and buy runes. Later in the game the Technique rune isn't as useful.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

I always give Riou a Resurrection Rune since he is one of the few who can handle it. It is very useful in a game which does not have any items for reviving fallen characters (other than the Sacrificial Jizo). I sometimes give him a Cyclone Rune aswell.

I cannot remember what I used to give McDohl; whatever rune it was, I know that I didn't use much. His Souleater is enough, unless you can give him a Water/ Flowing Rune, it would be even better.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Riou, you ask? Just give him Ressurrection (spelling?) and you'll be fine.
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I agree on the *Resurrection. It's basically like this:

Level 1 - Great Blessing (*Bright Shield)
Level 2 - Yell (*Resurrection)
Level 3 - Battle Oath (*Bright Shield)
Level 4 - Scream (*Resurrection)

The other slot, I generally put *Double-Beat.
Blacken

Post by Blacken »

You'd rather Scream than the Bright Shield level 4 spell? o.O I love that spell.

The one person I wish could use a Resurrection rune better is Flik. Perhaps it's just my bad luck, but he ALWAYS backfires when using Charm Arrow or Scolding.