Defeating Rowd

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
suikokid2

Defeating Rowd

Post by suikokid2 »

Okay I have a question about defeating Rowd, regarding the matilda trick to defeat him. During the beginning BEFORE you go back to kyaro, when exactly can you go to toto village and past the point to the way to muse? Cause i remember there were times a state or highland soldier would stop you? Again, I dont come on here much nor do i keep up with the forums so if this was already made link it here and post it and lock this forum
Swordmaster

Re: Defeating Rowd

Post by Swordmaster »

As soon as you are able to start recruiting characters (Rikimaru, Millie, Kinnison, Shiro, Zamza) you can enter the Muse and Greenhill areas (and casually push aside the gate that's guarding the realm of the Matilda Knights).
mikeecs

Post by mikeecs »

in other word, it is after you back from Kyaro and Flik + Viktor leaves your party.
Dauntless07

Post by Dauntless07 »

Your first opportunity would be when Pilika asks you to buy the Amulet from Muse. At that point, the guard on the bridge will be gone, and you can take advantage of the Matilda Glitch.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I found the specific instructions in an earlier post.

1: Save right before the Rowd fight.
2: Play through the game as normal until you have returned to the Mercenary Fortress.
3: Go through Toto, into the Muse area, then head for the Muse/Matilda border.
4: Push the gate blocking the way and go into the Matilda area.
5: Make it to the Highway Village without getting killed. (the hardest part of this, though not too difficult)
6: Walk into the Inn and trigger the events that get Humphrey & Futch into your party.
7: With their help, kill monsters in the area and level up*
8: Once you're done leveling, let the party get wiped out.
9: Choose "Don't give up" to continue from where you last saved.
10: Use your level boosted characters to beat Rowd.

I love how the Suikoden games actually acknowledge it when you kill "unkillable" enemies, lol.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

Yeah, though I liked how Suikoden V handled the fight that was intended to be lost better, since you get some nice actual loot if you do win, and you don't need to really grind to win it, you just have to be fight smartly and prepare a bit beforehand. Here I don't think anyone would ever really win the fight unless they abused the glitch.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, the game was supposed to have a New Game Plus mode which would have made that fight a lot easier, it could be a leftover from that.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

True haha. I definitely feel like the New Game Plus would have made sense since there are situations we have to pick between stars, guardian diety rewards, and some plot events such as Tinto and war battles. Though as much as I like Suiko V at least in II it's more obvious when you have to pick between stars, and doesn't change the story too much, whereas in V there is absolutely no story indication or dialogue that would reveal which two stars are mutually exclusive, yet one of them makes much more sense of a story perspective but is unusable in battle.