Friendship Rune or a Higher Elemental on weapon?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
knight85

Friendship Rune or a Higher Elemental on weapon?

Post by knight85 »

title says it all

i'm considering some plans for a future playthru of this game

one of my plans involves cheating extra friendship runes in for characters in endgame.

but i'm not sure if that's the best way to go when i could also put in higher elemental runes instead

so my question is. which is better for physical attacks. a potential 54 (unless nonstars count) or the 50% damage boost from a rage or thunder rune?
gildedtalon

Re: Friendship Rune or a Higher Elemental on weapon?

Post by gildedtalon »

the 50% damage boost from a rage or thunder rune.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i figured that.

and i dont talk to people enoughin game to justify kindness runes. so i'll just need to amend my plans a bit.

that means pesmerga can keep the rage rune on his sword.

i'm a bit away from playing suikoden 2 yet neway so i'll have a few weeks to alter my plans

at least i have my armor and item plans sorted. runes should be easy

the only other thing i need to plan out is who i'll be using in the luca fights so i can sort out my magic boosting plans. and that wont be finalised until i actually play the game up to the point of the luca fight
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i would say it depends on how you use the character. if you're using special attacks, the elemental runes don't help. if you're just spamming Double Beat, the elemental runes are great (but rare).