Bugged rune spells sounds and glitches

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
suikokid2

Bugged rune spells sounds and glitches

Post by suikokid2 »

Okay I'm new but does anyone know what rune spells in the game are bugged/glitched with weird bug/glitch sounds? Example, like Water rune's kindness drops and maybe kindness rain? Cause i know there are some healing spells in the game where when you cast and use them it triggers a loud buzzing or something kinda noise and loops or something like that, i cant exactly describe it
TheyCallMeStacy

Re: Bugged rune spells sounds and glitches

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

I had this problem with Suikoden 1, specifically when I used the fire rune and the water rune, and I got a loud buzzing sound instead of the correct spell sound effects. Since the first two Suikodens are so old, they might not be compatible with certain audio plug ins, so if you playing on an emulator that may be the issue. Just try to download and use other plug ins if that is the case.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@TheyCallMeStacy: This bug is known for a long time, even on real hardware.

It is a very, very rare glitch.I think it can happen with any spell which restores your HP, i.e. Water Rune or Bright Shield Rune. I know that this bug can sometimes be used to beat Rowd early since it messes up the game a bit and allows you to deal out thousands of damage all of a sudden (at least I was told so years ago, I could never do it). but it is so rare, I think nobody ever could report or reproduce it.

Something which also sometimes occurs is that the sound is "stuck" which also sounds like buzzing. it happened to me only once, and saving and loading again got rid of it.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, it's not something I've looked into directly, but my guess is the "stuck" audio issue with emulators is a decay effect that gets started up with bad values. Real hardware can eventually become aware it's in a loop, and often cancels out, but the emulators just let it go until something the game does causes it to stop.

For what it's worth, most of the people you're going to find here also check in on the GameFAQ's board from time to time. You're not very likely to get new answers, so please don't start up a new biweekly poll hoping that someone here has catalogued the issue exhaustively. I honestly can't tell what information you're looking for at this point. No answer you've ever gotten has satisfied you, so I'm assuming you want someone to list off every spell with a "Glitch Y/N" next to it?
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

The sound system for the game is certainly... not perfect. I know a few other instances where certain actions mess up the tones of BGM. My personal favorites are having the castle theme play out as if it were a band of kazoos and Tinto's theme be a very bassy rendition I call "tugboat" mode.

Granted, these were also observed in emulators, but Sony's official PS3/Vita emulators at least.
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

I've mainly had these problems on PS3 and PSVita/TV, hardly ever happened on PS2 or PSP. Main spells I was wondering about was kindness drops, kindness rain, battle oath and healing wind, and if they had any bug/glitches with their spell sounds?
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Can ANY rune spells in the game be bugged with sound bug/glitches or only some or does it just depends? I'm not asking or making a list i was only curious about it since i have heard some strange noises in the game with runes before, thats why i ask. Hopefully someone can help? Or tell me? Again sorry for asking i mean no harm or trouble i am only curious, i have played the game and tested things so thats another reason why i ask.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Maybe all of them can be bugged, yes. But nobody ever cared in the 18 years since the game's first release, so nobody can give you a detailed answer. That's how it is and I doubt it will ever change.