Futch Attack Automatically 999 w/Kindness Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
CaptainGengen

Futch Attack Automatically 999 w/Kindness Rune

Post by CaptainGengen »

This my first post and i have something strange but useful for me :D

so i have kindness rune and usually i give to clive but i boring with clive idk why?! :( so i randomly choose member to have it and i choose futch after that i don't check his Strength and in battle suddenly his attack over 700 (2000 if you give him fury and double-strike rune) so, i wanna know is only happens in me? or not

i don't know this topic already discussed cause i'm new member here

THX :D

N.P : Sorry bad english
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Futch Attack Automatically 999 w/Kindness Rune

Post by Pyriel »

That's a well-known bug. Futch got killed in battle at some point and you let him stay dead, which caused his affinity with the Kindness Rune to go negative. The game doesn't handle that properly, so it shows up as a huge bonus that's otherwise impossible. You can trigger the glitch with any character except the main character (Riou).

I don't remember all the rules, but a character's Kindness affinity goes up by 1 for every stat stone you feed them, and every hour on the half-hour by the game clock if they're in your current party. It goes down by 1 every time you leave them dead at the end of battle (not sure if fleeing counts). That may actually be all of them, but I have a feeling I've forgotten one or two less likely ways to change the value. Anyway, if you want to trigger the glitch, the trick is just to keep letting them die, and not resurrect or heal them until giving them the rune results in 999 attack. If you want it to really stick, you should kill them a few more times for good measure. Otherwise their affinity will quickly hit zero again after they're in your party for too long, and they'll lose the boost.
Last edited by Pyriel on Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
CaptainGengen

Post by CaptainGengen »

I know about the kindness theory sir but I mean i don't let him die before, maybe thats glitch or bug and his attack 999 forever as stay as member in group without let him die before :D
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

As far as I know, positive Kindness can only come from giving them stat stones or having them in your party (including convoy) during any 30 minute mark on the in-game timer. This means 0:30, 1:30, 5:30 etc marks on the in-game timer will all raise Kindness by 1 for each person in your party. This does not apply for the hour marks, such as 2:00 or 6:00.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

CaptainGengen wrote:I know about the kindness theory sir but I mean i don't let him die before, maybe thats glitch or bug and his attack 999 forever as stay as member in group without let him die before :D
I doubt it. It's way more likely that you let him die and forgot than it is that there's some undiscovered way of locking in the Kindness glitch forever. Cheat in a few stat stones or something and see if you can zero out the bonus.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

I could set a memory read/write breakpoint on those values to see if anything else hits them but I'm with Pyriel, and think he just died at one time.

I had 2-3 characters with negative kindness values and they were all characters I would have used only once in the beginning of the game and died.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Did Konami ever document the means of changing characters' Kindness affinities, in the official strategy guide, the encyclopedia, or something of that nature?

Realistically, I can't think of anything else "negative" you can do to a character that would be detectable, except perhaps in scripted events. I suppose if there's someplace in the Mt. Rakutei events where you can call him a cracker, that might drive it negative. I don't think so, though.