Game Freezing

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ToPocHi

Game Freezing

Post by ToPocHi »

Just to be clear guys, if you start the McDohl quest, do NOT attempt to leave Banner Village. Gremio will attempt to convey a message to you but it'll be unintelligeble gibberish and you will suffer from a game freeze at that point.

I was playing on my Vita, invested about 25 hours of game time without saving from the start of the game (before fighting the Mist Monster) in hopes that I could just die in that game and reload from there for a "pseudo new game+". It's a massive blow to me when I had to discover this game-breaking glitch at this time.

Please update the game bugs list for Suikoden 2 so other players won't have to deal with this game-breaking bug the hard way, as I did.

NTSC version.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Game Freezing

Post by Pyriel »

Well, the bug guides are mainly there to explain cause and effect. I don't usually write anything up until I can explain why it happens, and ways it might be fixed or avoided. It might be worth having a miscellaneous page for short blurbs regarding known or suspected bugs that haven't been investigated, though. I'm just not convinced that very many people would attempt to use it preemptively. And, frankly, it's a damn shame that they might have to.

I'm certain I've seen this one reported before. It just never rose to the top of my list, partly because I forgot about at some point. Now you've reminded me, I think I'll look into it the next time I start working on this game again. I had always wondered if it was a translation error that somehow wrecked the text display, or if they left calls in place with references from the Japanese version.
ToPocHi

Post by ToPocHi »

Pyriel wrote:Well, the bug guides are mainly there to explain cause and effect. I don't usually write anything up until I can explain why it happens, and ways it might be fixed or avoided. It might be worth having a miscellaneous page for short blurbs regarding known or suspected bugs that haven't been investigated, though. I'm just not convinced that very many people would attempt to use it preemptively. And, frankly, it's a damn shame that they might have to.

I'm certain I've seen this one reported before. It just never rose to the top of my list, partly because I forgot about at some point. Now you've reminded me, I think I'll look into it the next time I start working on this game again. I had always wondered if it was a translation error that somehow wrecked the text display, or if they left calls in place with references from the Japanese version.
Thanks for the attention to matter Pyriel. Unfortunately, I've never worked on debugging programmes/software before so most of even the briefest of explanations can come off as technobabble to me. Lol.

Hope you'll have a good look at it when you come to it. Cheers bud.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah i've heard of this issue before.