4 weird things in S2

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ericm

4 weird things in S2

Post by ericm »

..that I either never noticed or never encountered:

1. Certain NPCs in the game, when prompting you to pay money for info, gives gibberish symbols (actually I think I encountered this before with the zombie in Neclord's place, unless I'm thinking of the first game, but I figured it was a joke; after seeing more than one NPC do it though, I don't think so)
2. I "saved Ridley" in that one battle, and yet in the army battle with Luca a bit later, Shu says something about "saving Ridley", even though Ridley is standing right there in the war room with us. During that same war room discussion, Valeria is mentioned as part of the strategy, even though I chose Kasumi.
3. I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on why the guy in front of Shu's mansion says only "please take the job" (or whatever) from the start til the finish.
4. Anyone been woken up by Sigfried? Obviously there are parts in the game where a random character wakes you up from bed. I knew something was weird when Sigfried, half of him in the "black", was waking up Riou. What proceeds, at least for me, is some weird attempt by him to leave the room by jaggedly teleporting himself over and over, bit by bit towards the door (the game is experiencing slowdown as well here). He finally gets out of the door and disappears, but has left massive slowdown in his wake. I had to reset the game after a few minutes.

Further, I certainly never realized the translation was quite as bad as it is. It's a bit disappointing, really.
ericm

Re: 4 weird things in S2

Post by ericm »

well I just skimmed the post of the bug list; seems at least the first and third things I mentioned are well discussed already.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Suikoden 2 is famous for its translation error. If you want to know more about translation error in Suikoden 2 click here. It's written by one of the admin here.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've been woken up by Feather before. He was half stuck in the wall and crashed the game.
ericm

Post by ericm »

good to know; actually just seeing how bizarre it was was definitely worth it.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, I've been woken up by Siegfried and Feather. Feather is the funniest, really love it
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

what kind of job means that guy in front of Shu's mansion anyway? i always wondered.

wasn't he supposed to leave after Shu joins your army?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

What he says is more like, "please accept the situation". Basically, he should be putting on sunglasses and telling you to deal with it and piss off.

Edit: Or according to Klueze's site, it should be "please leave now". Maybe I've got it mixed up with another error, if it's just that simple. At least, "please leave now", makes sense throughout the game.