Ellie, Rina & Bolgan not showing up @ Coronet Inn

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
smzeldarules

Ellie, Rina & Bolgan not showing up @ Coronet Inn

Post by smzeldarules »

Hey guys, I just got this account because I'm stuck and can't continue the story. I've looked at multiple walkthroughs and they all say the same thing - and I've done it countless times but still Ellie, Rina & Bolgan just won't show up at the Inn at Coronet after the Muse liberation.
I talked to the soldier at the most south-west corner of Coronet saying there's no ships running, and entered the Inn from the Inn door, not the tavern doors, just like all the walkthroughs say. I even keep going outside to the world map and come back and do the same thing... still nothing :'( Is my game screwed up or something?
I recruited them before in the early part of the game too so I know that's not the issue... I need them to show up to advance the story so... it's troublesome for me to figure this out by myself.
sticky-runes

Re: Ellie, Rina & Bolgan not showing up @ Coronet Inn

Post by sticky-runes »

I can't remember, but have you tried using the stairs in the inn? I think the meeting happens when you head downstairs, and the stairs will be blocked if you use the wrong entrance, or something like that. I'm sure somebody around here will give you the solution soon enough.
smzeldarules

Post by smzeldarules »

sticky-runes wrote:I can't remember, but have you tried using the stairs in the inn? I think the meeting happens when you head downstairs, and the stairs will be blocked if you use the wrong entrance, or something like that. I'm sure somebody around here will give you the solution soon enough.
The walkthroughs all say to go in through the Inn door and they'll enter, then everyone goes down to the tavern together. I go in, nothing happens, go downstairs to the tavern, still nothing. I also went in through the tavern doors and went upstairs, even though it's supposed to be the opposite. Nothing's working :(
smzeldarules

Post by smzeldarules »

Oh... man... I just realized I didn't go to the most south-west port.
Now I feel dumb. I knew it was going to be something stupid!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yeah, you have to talk to the Highland soldier that's blocking the fort to trigger the circus trio's appearance in the inn.

Hope you didn't waste too much time for Clive's sidequest's sake.