So Forgiver Sign is actually for healing...

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kibit1005

So Forgiver Sign is actually for healing...

Post by Kibit1005 »

Just noticed that forgiver sign's damage decreases if you have too many wounded characters. So it's not really an offensive spell, it's more of like a heal spell coz its priority is healing your party and not damaging foes (I believe damaging is its second priority). Its damage is insanely high if you don't have wounded members in your party, but it decreases drastically if you have too many injured characters. I have seen its damage as low as 200 and 300. I noticed this just recently coz I was only using this spell at the beginning of every boss fights. Anyway, this is still the best spell in Suikoden 2... For me... XD
Last edited by Kibit1005 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: So Forgiver Sign is actually for healing...

Post by Sasarai10 »

That's the purpose of Bright Shield Rune after all...for healing.

Although one of the spells,particularly Shining Light is clearly an offensive spell
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I like to lead off the final boss battle with Luc slinging Empty World, and then dropping a Forgiver Sign on the leg that is weak to Shield (Right Leg I think?). Even with the damage reduced from healing everyone, it still does around 1200 - 1500 damage easy. A melee attack from Killey as a cleanup and the Leg is done.
Kibit1005

Post by Kibit1005 »

I really thought it was like a x4 Shining Wind spell bec. it deals damage and heals comrades.. I got Clive's best ending, that darn black urn and iron boots, complete recipes (with 12,34,36,37,39)... But never noticed this... Hahahhh!! Maybe bec. I wasn't using forgiver sign in random battles that's why I didn't notice this before. Now I know.. XD
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's supposed to be a pool of 2,000 HP for healing applied to each party member in turn. Whatever is left over is then damage to the selected enemy. I think Shield affinity (after a fashion) has some effect on the actual pool amount, and Riou has a built-in A or B affinity with it, so the actual values shift around a bit.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Still learning stuff about S2 after all these years!
Twilight Sky

Post by Twilight Sky »

For the final boss, I lead off with Forgiven Sign while all are at full health.

Also Forgiver Sign + Hungry Friend = Gurado(?) dead in two turns.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i never noticed any affinity/multiplier applied to the Bright Shield spells.. Forgiver Sign does just around 2000 dmg when used on a full-health party.
ReinbachIV

Post by ReinbachIV »

KFCrispy wrote:i never noticed any affinity/multiplier applied to the Bright Shield spells.. Forgiver Sign does just around 2000 dmg when used on a full-health party.
I assumed that there is some kind of affinity with it, since Great Blessing will always heal more than 70HP per character when used in battle. Unless it starts with a pool of 420HP and divides between each injured party member, but I'm not sure. If not, then the only thing that would explain it is an affinity of some kind. Likewise, Shining Light pretty much always does more than 130 damage to each enemy.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's because the formula includes Riou's MAG stat.