PAL vs NTSC

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kobold

PAL vs NTSC

Post by Kobold »

Just wondering if anyone has ever compiled a list of differences and fixes with the PAL version?

Knowing how full of bugs and glitches S2 was, I know the PAL version is superior.

A few fixes I already know of include:

McDohl name fix
Annalee's song playing and some other fixes involving sound as well I believe
Tenzen pass monster names and other gibberishtext

That's about it I know of. What about other prominent glitches? Did they fix all the translation issues and other incoherent text issues? How much was the translation in general improved? Others like Yuzu's sheep and recipe bugs?

And what about beneficial glitches like Matilda and stealing from Hans, were these removed in the PAL version?

On that note, is there any difference with S1's PAL version itself? S1 was much better in terms of glitches and translation issues I believe.
Long time lurker...
Antimatzist

Re: PAL vs NTSC

Post by Antimatzist »

If it was online at the moment, the Suikoden Bugfix page would be of course the site to go with all bugs listed.

These are the most prominent, along with war battle songs. Out of my head, I cannot think of more.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

The second battle theme,is playing in PAL version.

But that's not a good thing,because i liked it more when war battles have no music,and only sound effects.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

PAL version is more glitchless but has serious problem with FPS and load times (despite PAL version already suffer slower FPS), NTSC version bugs can be solved with some gameshark or have knowledge to anticipate it...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

http://www.herrvillain.com/suikoden/wik ... oden_II%29

You can check the "Versions Affected" box for each bug, but I didn't compile a list of what was fixed from one version to the next. There's kind of a bug flow actually. Most of them exist in the Japanese version and were perpetuated in all other versions. The US had a few new ones introduced, and those were the only ones fixed in Europe. Basically translation issues, and the music problems caused by the bad build of the master image. They could hardly fail to fix the last one, all they had to do was rebuild the disc, which was required for each version anyway. I guess the translation issues and the name glitch were just visible enough that they got some attention.
suiken

Post by suiken »

What I badly missed from the US-NTSC is the 2nd war theme. The one that plays during the assault against Luca Blight. It really fits Luca's gruesome personality.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

suiken wrote:What I badly missed from the US-NTSC is the 2nd war theme. The one that plays during the assault against Luca Blight. It really fits Luca's gruesome personality.

No sound reflects him better i guess.

Silence before your most difficult battle in your "carreer". I believe that battle was supposed to be the most difficult,story-wise. Even beast rune needs 1 party,but Luca needed 3 different parties to be beaten up.