[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The squirrels join when you are not in battle.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

No, you don't. It seems as if they join in random encounter, while in reality, they join before the random encounter. It's just that by being in a random encounter, you get to see the party members without going to the menu. In reality, the squirrels already joined before the random encounter occurred.

So in chronological order, what happened to you is:
1. You walk around in right location.
2. Squirrel joins. PSX made loading noise. You didn't notice.
3. You enter random encounter, and noticed that the squirrel is in your party.

So the squirrel joined in step 2, but you noticed it on step 3. That's the only difference. The squirrel appearing has nothing to do at all with random encounter.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

In other words, keep the room silent, and hear out for the ps loading sound. Then open your menu to confirm. That would save sometime.
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

I noticed something odd while getting the squirrels yesterday. When i first got mukumuku i had put a fire rune on him. I think i had maybe 2 other squirrels with me and when fighting the zombie type things around greenhill his flaming arrows attack kept blowing up on my party. He would go to use it and then look like he was hit then it seemed like an explosion on my party causing little but some damage, this didnt happen every time either maybe like twice then the real attack would work. Is this cause of something the enemy cast or what???? Any one else every experience this maybe somewhere else in the game too.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It's called "backfire", so your spell backfired and ended up hurting your own party. Other most common case is Nanami with Lightning spells.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Actually the most common case is... them little squirrels. Each has a different rune affinity and each can only take one elemental rune. The Blue caped squirrel uses water and has the highest magic stat and therefore the lowest fail chance.

All squirrels frequently fail their magic attacks and generally this will wipe out most of the party in the process.

All squirrels can be gotten w/out having a single random encounter, standing is the easiest way but I generally wander around for that little bit of xp and it gets my "running away" stat up for Stallion.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Stallion wrote:All squirrels can be gotten w/out having a single random encounter, standing is the easiest way but I generally wander around for that little bit of xp and it gets my "running away" stat up for Stallion.
I didn't know that. I thought I had to walk around. =.="
ndoto

Mokumoku... grr.

Post by ndoto »

Hah, first time posting here at the forums, and it had to be about Mokumoku...

I've tried wandering in the clearing south of Forest Village, I've tried standing still and letting the game sit... it's been a few days now, and I still don't have the little bast... I mean, that adorable fifth squirrel in my party. I'm after the Greenhill liberation, and just finished recruiting all the other squirrels, so my party consists of Riou, Mukumuku, Makumaku, Mikumiku and Mekumeku. Are there any tips for actually getting Mokumoku? Or do you really just have to wait a LONG time before he shows up? Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks guys! :D
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

There is no tip on getting the squirrel. As long as you're standing/walking in the correct spot, you'd eventually get the squirrel.
ndoto

Mokumoku

Post by ndoto »

Right, well I'll just keep at it, then! :D I might just leave my PSX on when I go to work tonight and see if I have him when I come back. Thanks, RK!

UPDATE: Left my PSX on when I went to work, and sure enough, I had him in my party when I got back a few hours later and checked it! All is well and good, and now I can stop being obsessive about flying rodents and beat the darn game. :D Thanks again!
Last edited by ndoto on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

As an alternative problem (if you still don't get Mokumoku after days), you might be standing on the wrong spot. If you're 100% sure that you were on the correct spot, then you're just very unlucky.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Well it looks like you found him now and were in the right spot. If you were having trouble finding where to stand my post on the first page has a map. Since people don't like to read an entire thread before posting, here it is again.

FINDING the 5th Squirrel. Here's a map. Remember that standing still is the key, and that it is random and he may not appear for hours. Browse the net with this running like so.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX Forest Village XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X....................#...................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
........................#...........................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
.............................#....................................................................
XXXXXXXXX.....................#..........................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX............................#.... This is the path................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx........................#...............................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................#.............
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX................#........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOREST XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx................#....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..................................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx..........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................................................#....
XXXXXXXXXx...................................................................................#...
XXXX..............................................................................................#..
XX ......................STAND STILL IN HERE................................................
XXXXXXX...........................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXxx................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.....................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................

XXXX trees
....... grass
#### path

Sorry about the dots, it doesn't like multispaces
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Normally they'll join right beside a tree that seems slightly larger than the rest. These trees are always by themself. Just stand beside them, making sure to stay on the pathway, and eventually a squirrel will join.
Does this really work? I just have to find singular big trees?

Another question, must I only bring Tir or Mukumuku as well?