Ach ... Zombies!

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Ach ... Zombies!

Post by wataru14 »

Looking at the Bestiary, I see that there are two sets of Zombies in the Tinto Mine, each consisting of a bald model and one with hair. One of these sets is Level 42 and the other is Level 43. The bald one in the higher-level set can drop Power Gloves (which I am trying to farm). How can I tell which set is which? Does each one only appear in a certain part of the mine? Is there a specific enemy formation that definitely includes the Level 43 version? Is the Level 42 version only found when you go in with Nanami to explore the mine shaft before the fall of Tinto and encounter Neclord and the Level 43 version is the normal version for the mine crawl?
bluemask

Re: Ach ... Zombies!

Post by bluemask »

If you have a Hunter Rune handy (via Guardian Deity) that'd be cake... but I'm not sure if you can even get it before Tinto scenario. Best bet is to grind the first time you encounter them.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I'm using Pyrex ' code that forces a drop from the first enemy you kill in the encounter. Both versions gave a Failure Urn as their common drop so that method will take a while. I guess I can use it to kill the same zombie in each formation until it drops it's rare. What would suck is if the two are randomly assigned in each encounter. Then it would take forever to get one.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Well ... when you do use codes anyway, why don't you cheat in the item itself in the first place?

However, enemy groups are based on pre defined formations. So a group of 3x Bold Zombie and 3x Hair Zombie could actually come in, lets say, six different patterns. Without digging into the code, its hard to tell how many different patterns exist.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Celes wrote:why don't you cheat in the item itself in the first place?
I really can't argue with that. But somehow it feels less like cheating if I do the legwork myself. I know it isn't, but it feels less like it.