Eaglemen - Double-Strike Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Piisuke

Eaglemen - Double-Strike Rune

Post by Piisuke »

Soooo... I've got this situation where I am trying to get some DS runes, however, the Eaglemen in Kobold Forest are not dropping them.
I got myself the Hunter Rune through the Guardian Deity and I'm using the traditional Wind of Sleep to put them to sleep for Tengaar to then hit them, giving me a guaranteed drop.

Problem is: they drop nothing. Nada. Niento.

Through my playthrough I did get the Recipe (#12? #21?) off them and I have handed it to Hai Yo.
Before I did hand it over, I tried it as well and they didn't drop anything either, hence I handed in the recipe.

I'm aware of the bug with the recipes and I have been storing all dropped recipes in my vault until I got #36, so I am wondering if the game is trying to give the recipe the Eaglemen drop, but because I already have it, I get nothing instead.

Anybody any ideas?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Eaglemen - Double-Strike Rune

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, they can still "drop" the recipe. It just gets cancelled after the fact. It's kind of a rubbish way to do it, but you'll eventually get one that drops something else.

Oh, and if you aren't playing with the patch or a code, the game is checking Hai Yo for Recipe #34 when Recipe #12 tries to drop. Hopefully, you handed that one in as well. Otherwise, there's another bug for the list.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Thanks Pyriel, was hoping you'd reply seeing as I've seen your detective work.

Not playing your patches, just playing the PAL version.

I've handed in all the "problem" Recipe drops. I think the only recipe I do not have is the one from Two River's Item Shop, as I've never seen it spawn and the Rare Finds section has remained greyed out this entire time.

So, I'll simply have to keep hunting for the item and it'll drop eventually? If so, I'll give it some more time tonight. I have time to spare and only need two :).
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Given the probabilities of each drop, I think it'll work out to odds of 1/2 for the Recipe and 1/4 for each of the other items. I've never looked at the Hunter Rune code specifically, so if you're talking dozens of fights with nothing at all dropping, either something is off, or the Hunter Rune has a bonus or bias toward collectibles. In general, I'd expect you to get something (other than being blanked by the Recipe) within about 10 fights. Naturally it could be more or less, but it shouldn't take hours unless something is wrong.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

The reason I had posted this topic was because I had done a handful of fights and nothing had dropped. I then handed in the recipe and all the other ones and still no joy.

However, I tried what you suggested and you were correct (no surprise!)!

I did 10 fights to see what would happen. Bear in mind, I did not have the ideal Hunter Rune set up, as I had characters like Killey and Sheena in there, as I couldn't be bothered to keep swapping my team.
  • 1. 1 Sleep / Hit + Double Hit Crit - Sandwich4
    2. 1 Sleep / 1 Hit - Nothing
    3. 2 Sleep / 1 Crit, 1 Hit - Double-Strike Rune
    4. 1 Sleep / 1 Hit - Sandwich4
    5. 2 Sleep / 1 Hit, 1 Hit - Nothing
    6. 3 Sleep / 1 Hit, 1 Hit, 1 Hit - Nothing
    7. 2 Sleep / 1 Hit, 1 Hit - Nothing
    8. 2 Sleep / 1 Hit - Double-Strike Rune (accidentally killed one of the two sleeping Eagleman
    9. 2 Sleep / 1 Hit - Nothing(Once again, accidentally killed one of the two sleeping Eagleman
    10. 2 Sleep / 1 Hit, 1 Hit - Double-Strike Rune
So, I think you were pretty much spot on. Thanks for the advice, man!