Requesting as much technical info about suik 2 as possible.

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Yensoo

Requesting as much technical info about suik 2 as possible.

Post by Yensoo »

So my friend is writing a Suikoden 2 engine for me. And I want it to look, feel, and play as much like Suikoden 2 as possible. (At least as a starting point. Might add more features and edits later.) So I need as much technical info on the game mechanics as this community can get me.

The engine will be released to the public as a tool-set (think RPG maker, but less user-friendly) my friend doesn't want to release he source code.

Basically what I need is everything from the frame rate of different animations, to the mathematical formulas they use in game. I've already been checking around and have found the in-depth analysis to be very helpful, as well as some other stuff on this site. But still, the more info we have the closer it will be. So any links or info or anything you can find.

Also, we're taking suggestions on added/modified features for the engine/our own fan game.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Yensoo

PS. Try not to get too hyped up yet as this project is just beginning, and will still be awhile before it's released or even before there is anything to show.
Long live Suikoden!