Need help, re: Ridley & Jowy (spoilers)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
RoBDaWG

Need help, re: Ridley & Jowy (spoilers)

Post by RoBDaWG »

I posted the same question on another forum to hopefully get a quick response, as I've stopped playing until then...

Ok so you know the Battle to Save Ridley?

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to die in that battle. I restarted a few times to fight the battle again. The very first time, he was killed without me even doing anything. It didn't even give me a chance to make a move. After a few tries, I actually managed to save him. Since there was dialog afterwards with him thanking everyone, I assume it isn't against game mechanics to save him.

However, will saving him screw up me getting all 108 stars somehow?

Also, equally as important, during that battle, my army took out Jowy's unit and when we did, Jowy said something like "So I guess this is the end..."

Does that me he's dead for good? I can't imagine that being the case, as I'm sure he has a major role to play in the rest of game.

So without spoiling anything that is to come, does anyone know if what I did is okay or should I go back and just let Ridley get killed and leave Jowy alone?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Need help, re: Ridley & Jowy (spoilers)

Post by wataru14 »

The battle outside Radat? You are supposed to lose that one. It is possible to save Ridley, but it requires a lot of luck and a very specific unit makeup to be able to get a healer over to him (Kiba/Chaco/Huan). Don't worry about his unit getting beaten though. Also, don't worry about beating Jowy's unit. He's got plot immortality.

Saving Ridley won't mess anything up. Neither will losing him.
RoBDaWG

Post by RoBDaWG »

wataru14 wrote:The battle outside Radat? You are supposed to lose that one. It is possible to save Ridley, but it requires a lot of luck and a very specific unit makeup to be able to get a healer over to him (Kiba/Chaco/Huan). Don't worry about his unit getting beaten though. Also, don't worry about beating Jowy's unit. He's got plot immortality.

Saving Ridley won't mess anything up. Neither will losing him.
Great, thanks... I was waiting to continue until I was sure.

I already won the battle / saved Ridley before I posted this. I actually didn't even need to heal him, though I had a healer right by him just in case.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I didn't find this battle THAT difficult. Not only did i save Ridley,but i killed all the enemy units too (except Luca's of course). NOTE that in order to save Ridley you musn't face Luca with Riou's unit. If you do, then Shu will order your troops to retreat.

Here is a tactic to make the battle a little easier:

- First of all DO NOT choose to attack with Ridley. Always select the "wait" option.
- Try to bring him next to the rock that's left from him. So he won't be attacked from the left.
- Use Annalee and Chaco in Flik's unit,and Huan in Kiba's unit. You'll be able to come next to Ridley to heal him in one turn if you use Annalee's Encourage