Has anyone actually had all the recipes in one file?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
bookwormbabe29

Has anyone actually had all the recipes in one file?

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

I've played this game a frighteningly amount of times, but I've never been able to get all the recipes. I always make a mistake somewhere, from not getting a drop or messing up the Gremio stew recipe. I'm sure someone has to have done this....right? I'm about to start this again for the billionth time, and I am DETERMINED to have them all this time so I'm reading up on all the mechanics and trying to figure out a 'how to guide for dummies' essentially.

I'm thinking the most 'sure' way would be to avoid picking up optional non-missable recipes until you have all drops, avoid the cooking game until after the McDohl quest, and then go nuts with cooking/recipes after that. I think that covers every possible theory regarding this bug, though feel free to correct me. If you've actually managed to get all 40, what was your method for this madness?
darkknightkv

Re: Has anyone actually had all the recipes in one file?

Post by darkknightkv »

Hey, so yeah...Something about using the same data in the system...Or the game being cursed...Or programmers not thinking fully...Here is the guide that explains the bugs.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/in ... pesbug.php
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I've gotta admit, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to playing my precious Suikoden games and so I HAVE to get all the important items during my plays or I get very upset and throw a hissy fit and have a temper tantrum etc, etc... But I'm just after finishing 2 again a couple of weeks ago and I managed to get all the recipes again. My method, and it has always served me well is the simplest, acquire all recipes as soon as you can get them and give them to Hai Yo. All recipes except the mob dropped one's that is. I store them in the Warehouse until I have all 5, and only then do I give them to him. Konami made a bit of a mess of the 'flag check' thingy like Pyriel's Recipe Bug guide explains but, as long as you keep those specific 5 stored until you have them all you shouldn't have a problem. :)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Or, you know, use the codes or apply the patch, and then don't worry about it. Of course, Gremio's is a little fiddly, and you still have to be careful to pick up one or two others before the game script (deliberately) makes them inaccessible.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

The codes and patches would be wonderful if I could use them. I'm playing this on an actual console, and I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to use a code/patch for a hard copy.

I'm read that link for the recipes a good dozen times, and I still somehow manage to screw things up. One game, I thought I had all of the dropped recipes, and turned out I had somehow missed one of the few missable ones and messed up that run, for example. I don't know why, but I have never been able to get every recipe, always missing at least one. It drives me nuts lol. I was just wondering if it had been done, and it looks like it has. Good to know. Maybe THIS time will be the time I succeed!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Only get the missable ones first, that's how I got all the recipes
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I'm doing this at this point. Not only with recipes,but i want to collect just everything. It's not that hard i guess just don't mess things up with Gremio's Special Stew and the recipes bug. Just remember to keep recipe #12 in your warehouse till you get recipe #34. Also don't forget to recruit Tuta in Muse,because you'll miss recipe 3 from Huan.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You're repeating a rumor there. Giving Hai Yo Recipe #34 will stop #12 from dropping, but the reverse is not true. If you turn in Recipe #21, that will block Recipe #34.

If Recipe #12 was going to block something, it would be Recipe #25, but the shops use a module that seems to not have all the mistakes in it.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pyriel wrote:You're repeating a rumor there. Giving Hai Yo Recipe #34 will stop #12 from dropping, but the reverse is not true. If you turn in Recipe #21, that will block Recipe #34.

If Recipe #12 was going to block something, it would be Recipe #25, but the shops use a module that seems to not have all the mistakes in it.

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN????????????????????/ :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have already given recipe #21 to Hai Yo.......don't tell me that it'll block recipe #34 i didn't see mention something
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Recipe #12 and #34 Bug
Do not submit Recipe #12 (Sandwich) or #34 (Japanese Stew) to Hai Yo or the Vault until you have obtained both items. Many players could never obtain Recipe #34 (Japanese Stew) because it apparently shares the same memory address as Recipe #12 (Sandwich), which you obtain much earlier in the game; once you have given one to Hai Yo or Barbara (who runs your Vault), enemies will no longer drop either recipe.

OH NO,NOW I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me it's true because all my efforts for a perfect file will end up just because of a stupid bug :x :x :x :x

Please is there any way to fix it??? I don't want to start again from the beginning.......uhhhhh :x :x :x :x :x
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If you can use codes, you can use the fix while hunting the elves. Or you can apply the patch to fix it. Other than that, no, there's no undoing it.

The link between #12 and #34 was established by players testing the game, and I don't think they accounted for everything. People who had success by following the advice just repeated it as true. A number of people complained about recipes not dropping in spite of following it, but the explanation took on a life of it's own, like stories of getting to the second floor in the Forest Village.

Edit: Huh, that "Secret" should probably be updated or removed, now that better information is available.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Here's another strange scene i triggered today.
I'm right before fighting Kiba's army for the 2nd time and i was wandering around my HQ as i use to do,in order to talk to each indivintual just in case some new dialogue appears. When i do this i always have Hai Yo in my team,since he is always in the kitchen,and he won't change his dialogues. But most of all,in order to not trigger any new cook-offs. But look what hapened today. I have already succesfully completed the first 4 cook-offs so the next cook off was supposed to be against Ryuko. When i entered in my kitchen i triggered a new cook off against BASHOK :? And not only that,Hai Yo was in my party.

What on earth is going on???? :x :x :x
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:Recipe #12 and #34 Bug
Do not submit Recipe #12 (Sandwich) or #34 (Japanese Stew) to Hai Yo or the Vault until you have obtained both items. Many players could never obtain Recipe #34 (Japanese Stew) because it apparently shares the same memory address as Recipe #12 (Sandwich), which you obtain much earlier in the game; once you have given one to Hai Yo or Barbara (who runs your Vault), enemies will no longer drop either recipe.

OH NO,NOW I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me it's true because all my efforts for a perfect file will end up just because of a stupid bug :x :x :x :x

Please is there any way to fix it??? I don't want to start again from the beginning.......uhhhhh :x :x :x :x :x
storing in Barbara does nothing.. Look at my Clive speed run videos where I always store them. Just make sure don't give the glitched recipes to Hai Yo (including do cook offs with recipes in your items)

bit out topic, sorry too many things happened so I am not playing this game for now (especially continue my Clive's file, I actually can just visit Elza but I want do many things beside that since the game clock is still 18 hours) :( :(
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote: storing in Barbara does nothing.. Look at my Clive speed run videos where I always store them. Just make sure don't give the glitched recipes to Hai Yo (including do cook offs with recipes in your items)

bit out topic, sorry too many things happened so I am not playing this game for now (especially continue my Clive's file, I actually can just visit Elza but I want do many things beside that since the game clock is still 18 hours) :( :(

Ahhh thank God :D

Sasarai10 wrote:Here's another strange scene i triggered today.
I'm right before fighting Kiba's army for the 2nd time and i was wandering around my HQ as i use to do,in order to talk to each indivintual just in case some new dialogue appears. When i do this i always have Hai Yo in my team,since he is always in the kitchen,and he won't change his dialogues. But most of all,in order to not trigger any new cook-offs. But look what hapened today. I have already succesfully completed the first 4 cook-offs so the next cook off was supposed to be against Ryuko. When i entered in my kitchen i triggered a new cook off against BASHOK :? And not only that,Hai Yo was in my party.

What on earth is going on???? :x :x :x

Well,btw i challenged Ryuko,just after Bashok. But wasn't Bashok supposed to be the 6th chef and not the 5th? strange... :|
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:
storing in Barbara does nothing.. Look at my Clive speed run videos where I always store them.

In which video? :roll: