Question about Greenhill's arc

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Question about Greenhill's arc

Post by Sasarai10 »

When you choose your party members you were supposed to choose only youngsters for Greenhill's arc. I just wonder why Hix & Tengaar can be added (they are 20 & 18 respectively at the time) and Rina who is 18 can't. Although both Tengaar and Rina are adults and have the same age but why you can't have Rina? Also strange thing is,tha you can have non-human characters like the 2 Kobolds,Chaco and Mukumuku...but yet you cannot have the other 4 squirells,Gadget and Shiro,which makes things even more confusing :roll:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Question about Greenhill's arc

Post by Pyriel »

Well, they have to pass as school-age, and Rina's kind of...worldly. Chaco actually makes sense, since he's a teenager, and I don't think Greenhill has developed institutionalized racism of the sort that would make him ineligible. That might explain the kobolds as well, although I don't know their ages. It's possible the designers assumed that humans would have a difficult time assessing kobolds' ages without reference to their teeth or something. Presumably Mukumuku is considered a pet, and I'm thinking you can't actually get the other squirrels until after that mission. I might have that timing mixed up with when recipe 34 becomes available, though. Regardless, one squirrel is much like the others, and the party has enough required characters in it that you couldn't take enough squirrels to really make it worthwhile. I imagine Gadget would draw too much attention, and Shiro, as near enough a wild animal, would too. It is supposed to be a covert mission after all. Why bringing kobolds and wingers is considered covert when there may not be any others in Greenhill is left as an exercise mostly for the reader. It's close enough to Two River that a few odd visitors might not raise any eyebrows, I guess.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I always bring Shiro for that part of the story. What are you talking about?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:I always bring Shiro for that part of the story. What are you talking about?

huh...i don't remember if you can bring Shiro,but i thought not.

@Pyriel The other squirells are available once you have castle level 2. That's after Two River's arc. Gengen is 18 and Gabocha is 13 btw
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I always bring Shiro for Greenhill and there are lots of videos on youtube from different people to prove it. :evil:

Search for

suikoden 2 greenhill shiro
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

I also bring Shiro too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58SHg703P7c

my attention is Futch (since he can join on Matilda glitch) and someone tell me (from this forum but seems the thread just going down somewhere) scripts for some "not-joined-SoD" dialogue like Ayda...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah,Futch is strange too. He wasn't supposed to be available at this point normally. With the same logic, if you recruit Futch via Matilda's Glitch then you can have him in you party during Greenhill's arc,then why Humphrey isn't available during the early War Battles,like those 2 in the Mercenary Fort?