perfect game question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sporefrog

perfect game question

Post by sporefrog »

I am doing a perfect file run at the moment,and it would be cool if anyone could answer these 2 questions,because I dont want to mess up this file:

can I recruit the 4 optional nonstar-squirrels AFTER the beast rune too?so I still could have a 6 men party after the final boss containing riou,mcdohl and the optional squirrels.

what happens,when I have all investigations for ridley,and I let him die?can I still see richmonds results,or are they replaced with boris results.if not,that would mean,in a perfect file,ridley MUST die,so I could have all informations about ridley AND boris.

:D
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: perfect game question

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yes you can recruit the squirrels,and McDohl...as you can do with other stars,after defeating the Beast Rune. About Ridley,i don't think his investigations will be available...never tried it though,but i guess no,judging by Sialeeds' in S5. When she leaves from your team,their investigations are not available anymore.

Suikoden 2 has MUCH much much more things to do unlike the first game,and go for a perfect game needs a lot of time. Probably it will take about 300 hrs of gameplay or so!!! Let the Richmond's investigations alone...although meanwhile you can do various things...but yet,you must spend months to achieve a perfect game.

Perfect game includes Clive's quest you know...so keep in mind to collect all missable objects and 108 stars of destiny. You can have a Clive's quest and 108 stars,within 12 hrs and 17 mins (that was my time),so you have almost 8 hrs,to collect all missable objects,and let everything else after his quest...which means you must be a S2 expert to achieve this....are you? :wink:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

well,its even worse...its not just a perfect game,its a riou solo run too...;-)

thanks for the squirrel info,I never knew,they are recruitable after the final boss.and ridley stayed alive in ALL my previous games,so I dont know what I should do with him.I will keep another save file with ridley alive and will test this richmond thing on another file.

yeah,a perfect game in suiko 2 is way much harder than in suiko 1.too many items,too less inventory and storage space and since I dont use or change any star exept the hero,I cannot use the inventory of the other stars,so I only have rious inventory,the partys inventory and barabaras storage for ALL missable or limited items in this game.well,sounds tricky;-)

with a lot of reloading,I could get a double beat rune from the rabbits along with a technique rune before kyaro,two winged boots at kyaro,a wind hat from the griffins,and a fury rune from the runeshop in muse,so riou is well protected for a while:-)

wow,12h and 17min?very cool time!!!!:-)
Last edited by sporefrog on Sun May 19, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Ridley's investigations are replaced with Boris. Dead men don't show up in Richmond's menu.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Pyriel wrote:Ridley's investigations are replaced with Boris. Dead men don't show up in Richmond's menu.
thanks a lot!!!:-)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Are you sure about the investigations? I know that Nanamis and Kibas investigations remain even after their deaths.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Someone should just try it instead of asking the question here.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:Someone should just try it instead of asking the question here.
No Playstation nearby, but I'm pretty sure about Kiba and Nanami. I never got Boris, but someone should try.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Are you sure about the investigations? I know that Nanamis and Kibas investigations remain even after their deaths.
I think that makes some sense,because no one will take over Kiba's and Nanami's stars. Unlike Ridley whose star will be taken over by Boris. So Ridley never exists anymore in the game,i suppose.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Antimatzist wrote:Are you sure about the investigations? I know that Nanamis and Kibas investigations remain even after their deaths.
Maybe you're right. You can't investigate them after they're dead, but now that I think on it, I don't remember if they continue to show up if they're already completed.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Completed investigations will still show up. So I did Kiba and Nanamis for my perfect file. The rest can be done at the end of the game, leaving you in no stress with Clives Quest.

But I'm not sure if this counts for Ridley, as he will be replaced, so maybe his investigation notes will be replaced as well.

Be sure to check this list for your perfect game: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=10236
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@celes

I will try that ridley-boris thing and post the results here.but this will take some time,I escaped greenhill and now I hunt for sound set 2 and recipe 29 in matilda forest.these zombies slugs with their instantdeath attack are very very very annoying enemies for a solo-riou(and a level 5 nanami,lol)... :cry:

thank you very much,but I know your missable list very well.its the best list on the web in my opinion and I used it already a few years ago for my previous perfect run.of course,I will use it again:-)
Last edited by sporefrog on Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

For Gilbert, on the battle where he joins, you don't need to keep him alive after he switches to your side. I'm sure of it, I seem to recall doing it before
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:For Gilbert, on the battle where he joins, you don't need to keep him alive after he switches to your side. I'm sure of it, I seem to recall doing it before
He may retreat, but he may not die, if I'm not mistaken.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

gildedtalon wrote:For Gilbert, on the battle where he joins, you don't need to keep him alive after he switches to your side. I'm sure of it, I seem to recall doing it before
thats not true.if gilbert dies,he is gone...