Couple questions about Matilda Glitch

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Royi

Couple questions about Matilda Glitch

Post by Royi »

I'm about to do it while I go on the Amulet quest for Pilikia (I forgot I could have done it with Flik and Victor on my way back from the docks). I was wondering, are there anything else I can perhaps obtain while doing the glitch?

Is Viki obtainable if I head over to the Greenhill path?

(Longshot) What about Badeaux if I bring Shiro?

I think Matilda would be accessible (at least for the shops). Is that correct?

I'm just curious if there are any other fun parts I can moderately exploit. I'm at work right now and I figured yes I could/will find out about these sometime later tonight when I get free time to play, but I was curious now :) Thanks
The answer is 42
Belle

Re: Couple questions about Matilda Glitch

Post by Belle »

Viki cannot be obtained at this point. She won't even show up.

I don't believe Badeaux can be obtained either. I'm not sure if it's dependent on castle level or what, but it is a while before he does join.

The majority of the Matilda shops are available... the trading shop in Rockaxe isn't.

A word to the wise: If you explore the forest at the Greenhill-Matilda border (below Rockaxe), you may go in but do NOT exit south. You won't be able to get back in. And it's been a while, but I believe this also screws you as you won't be able to pass through any other border at that point (Greenhill-Muse, Two-River Kobold section). But you can try for laughs...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You can enter Greenhill by design during that first Muse visit phase. The same enemies are around Greenhill as you find around Muse and Coronet. You won't be able to go back north toward Matilda, and the Kobold section of Two River is locked down due to "military exercises" or some such, making it impossible to go south. Still, you can wander pretty freely. You just might have to take longer routes because of areas that are closed off when you try to enter rather than exit them.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

After the event at Muse, you can recruit some characters earlier than expected, highlights as Oulan for combat or Hans for castle shop(early money trick as well) <credits for handyproff from gamefaqs>
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12969
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

That's weird. I may be thinking of a later point in the game, like maybe after the Highland attacks the Kobolds block off Two River.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

you aren't really wrong. The Kobolds usually block the entrance and exit of twin river as I try to go there everytime a new event passed.

Just that at the moment Riou/Nanami/Pilika run away from Muse to Coronet, for an unknown reason, those Kobolds move aside to let you pass through.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Pyriel wrote:You can enter Greenhill by design during that first Muse visit phase.
Hmm... yeah, I think you're right. I usually wait until the boys get their runes before I attempt the Matilda trick, so Highland soldiers are pretty much everywhere. I've only attempted Matilda once or twice at that earlier point and didn't do much exploring then.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Royi wrote:I'm about to do it while I go on the Amulet quest for Pilikia (I forgot I could have done it with Flik and Victor on my way back from the docks). I was wondering, are there anything else I can perhaps obtain while doing the glitch?

Is Viki obtainable if I head over to the Greenhill path?

(Longshot) What about Badeaux if I bring Shiro?

I think Matilda would be accessible (at least for the shops). Is that correct?

I'm just curious if there are any other fun parts I can moderately exploit. I'm at work right now and I figured yes I could/will find out about these sometime later tonight when I get free time to play, but I was curious now :) Thanks

No you cannot recruit Badeaux if you bring Shiro or Mukumuku early in the game. I've tried it by myself. You must have castle level 3.
You cannot recruit Viki either.
The only people you can recruit via Matilda Glitch are Humphrey and Futch,once Viktor asks you for new recrutis,Oulan and Hans after your escape from Muse (if i'm not mistaken) and L.C. Chan during the peace conference in Muse after defeating Luca.
Royi

Post by Royi »

Thanks for the tips about Oulan and Hans, yeah Badeaux doesn't work with Shiro in party

So if I head to greenhill ill get myself stuck??
The answer is 42
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Royi wrote:Thanks for the tips about Oulan and Hans, yeah Badeaux doesn't work with Shiro in party

So if I head to greenhill ill get myself stuck??

No you won't stuck,you can return back...but it's not important to go there at this point.
The only "extra" thing you'll see there is seeing Jeane teaching in the academy,before she'll be in Two River...if you are a perfectionist,then just go there to see her.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

How to return? Wouldn't he get stuck?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:How to return? Wouldn't he get stuck?

No. When you are going for Pilika's amulet,you have access in both Greenhill and Muse.
Royi

Post by Royi »

You do get stuck, I can't get through the border at all and there is secret training in two river. Looking up I have to wait for when I'm escaping Muse with Pilikia and Namani (after Jowy Annabelle) I believe, then two rivers opens up
The answer is 42
Royi

Post by Royi »

I'm trying after each plot event, I just want to see Hans shop in Neclords "castle" in north window
The answer is 42
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I tried like that before but the kobolds only let you through during the mentioned event.
And Hans wont open his shop until the group officially makes North Window their HQ.