Humphrey vs Pesmerga

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Humphrey vs Pesmerga

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Killey is a dick. Oh, I'm such a badass i'm gonna walk into your castle and threaten the shopkeeper and then walk off and try to talk you OUT of recruiting me. :roll: And in S5 he turns out to be an even bigger plank.

I'll take Freed and Gengen over Pesminger any day.

Killey's personality isn't the best but in S2 he is the best warrior according to many users here....and according to this video i saw here:

Wolkendrache wrote:Pesmerga seems to have way less damage potential than Freed. What good is his strength if he can't deal damage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc2usQKG6Qw
After watching this I was thinking "why not let Meg hunt for Yuber, and Pesmerga search for Juppo?"

Wow,i didn't expect Freed to be B class.

I always found it annoying that i'm forced to use him twice. (in the first meeting with Neclord,and by your first visit to Gregminster)
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Killey is one of my most hated characters because of the way he talk to the innkeepers. No one talks to a father in front of his child this way. Killey is a pitiful nerd who has no social life outside of his obsession for Sindars. And Lorleai is much better.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

But they both suck. One just sucks less than the other. Hai Yo stays winning.
Twilight Sky

Post by Twilight Sky »

Technically.. all other characters suck, except for him and like.. 4 others according to what I've been reading here. Rune slot#s make or break characters.

Personally I think more along the lines of, slow character is useless despite high ATK.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Spark Rune tho yw!

I do agree tho. I prefer characters with at least a 06 growth in SPD in my party.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:
Wow,i didn't expect Freed to be B class.

I always found it annoying that i'm forced to use him twice. (in the first meeting with Neclord,and by your first visit to Gregminster)
First time you recruit Freed, you don't get any options for which characters accompany you, and during Gregminster you can pair him up with his wife Yoshino. anyway Freed has an open honesty about him, he's not trying to be a pretentious badass. Not like Pesmerga and Killey who need to wear fancy outfits and cover their faces up with helmets and hats so people can't see what cunts they are.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
First time you recruit Freed, you don't get any options for which characters accompany you, and during Gregminster you can pair him up with his wife Yoshino. anyway Freed has an open honesty about him, he's not trying to be a pretentious badass. Not like Pesmerga and Killey who need to wear fancy outfits and cover their faces up with helmets and hats so people can't see what cunts they are.

Personally i disliked Freed's attitude very much. He's also very close-minded....look how he reacted about forming an alliance with Toran Republic.

He's the "Yes Sir" type of guy,blind-loyal and always "polite" and "formal" even if he hasn't to be. Like Rina said in South Window..."very polite aren't we?" :P

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Killey is one of my most hated characters because of the way he talk to the innkeepers. No one talks to a father in front of his child this way. Killey is a pitiful nerd who has no social life outside of his obsession for Sindars. And Lorleai is much better.

On the contrary...in his S2 days he seems more open-minded and not some nerd who talks about Sidar all-day long. He even admitted that his obsession consumed so much time of his life,if you speak to him in your HQ.
BrucePrintscreen

Well whatever he admits later on, he still talked to Alex in a way that was unacceptable. Just because he wants to find Sindar ruins does not allow him to assault a family. I have more respect for someone who raised a child than for someone who obsessed over something like this.

If you want my respect while being a lone fighter, you'll have to show a level of Valeria-like dignity and dedication to others. Killey never helped anyone but himself. I'm not even sure if he found sindar artefacts he would put them in a museum. Whereas I bet that Lorelai in Suikoden 13 would have been the head of the Gregminster Guggenheim Gallery.

Alex will die surrounded with his wife and children and grandchildren who loved his stories of ancient ruins. Lorelai will die leaving behind a moving hommage in the Dunan and Toran newspapers praising her bravery in fight and her inspirational attitude. Valeria will die leaving behind mourners accross the country, a dozen orphanages named after her, statues of her in every city between Kouan and Rockaxe, and countless books about her. Killey will die rotting in a pit in a sindar ruin and no one will care, if he is not shot by someone he assaulted and no one will regret him.

...I'm getting a bit too much in the universe, am I?
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Wow, hard question... not really. I won't choose them. I prefer using Georg rather than them. But if I had to choose maybe Pesmerga.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
That's because you and me are 2 of the only f#ckers around here who get emotionally invested in the characters, instead of going "oh wow, that guy's fast and that guy's got B affinity with water rune and all this blah blah blah bollocks." :roll:
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:
That's because you and me are 2 of the only f#ckers around here who get emotionally invested in the characters, instead of going "oh wow, that guy's fast and that guy's got B affinity with water rune and all this blah blah blah bollocks." :roll:
Well I still don't understand why I should bother with the strongest characters when even the weakest ones can easily be levelled to far enough strenght to kick the final boss without any casualty... I guess it can be fun to try and see how high the damage you inflict can go, but such an experiment won't keep my attention as long as Suikoden does.

Definitely, you and I should write a Suikoden game, my friend.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Take Wolkendrache with you, now you three are a team
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
Well I still don't understand why I should bother with the strongest characters when even the weakest ones can easily be levelled to far enough strenght to kick the final boss without any casualty... I guess it can be fun to try and see how high the damage you inflict can go, but such an experiment won't keep my attention as long as Suikoden does.

Definitely, you and I should write a Suikoden game, my friend.

Basically Suikodens are very easy,and you can beat up the final boss even with characters that you consinder weak like the Squirells or Tuta or Gabocha or........Hai Yo. OK the latest seems to be weak but he's one of the top dogs in the game....like Twilight Sky said:

Twilight Sky wrote:Technically.. all other characters suck, except for him and like.. 4 others according to what I've been reading here. Rune slot#s make or break characters.

Personally I think more along the lines of, slow character is useless despite high ATK.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

K good luck soloing the Beast Rune with shitty ass Tuta.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

highwind44029 wrote:K good luck soloing the Beast Rune with shitty ass Tuta.

I believe it'd be easy by using Killey and Tuta only for the Beast Rune. Killey alone would be enough in fact.

We've seen an effort by gildedtalon (probably) soloing the Beast Rune with Riou,who's worse than Killey...so with Killey would be much easier.