What to Equip on Bob?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
hreljin

What to Equip on Bob?

Post by hreljin »

Hey guys! Can you please help me what are the possible equips for Bob? :mrgreen:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: What to Equip on Bob? (Suikoden 2)

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't use him much but i think it's fun to give him a Violence Rune. For weapon, use the Kindness Rune trick or anything that boosts attack further.
Violence works when you have the ultra-powerful unite with Sierra and Bolgan that deals 4x damage (not sure if that includes Sierra's ATK but whatever)--this unite drains HP from Bob and Bolgan (i think half of their current), so it likely triggers the Violence status if his health was full.
Another thing is that when his werewolf status wears off, Bob loses half his current HP--which can trigger Violence instantly (http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 69&p=97108)
Against bosses you can take the first turn to transform and Sierra will use their top spells... then the next 2 turns use Servant Attack and the boss will likely be finished. Violence Rune may not even be needed.

Since you have to use up a turn transforming, i offered an idea to make enemies target him on the first round, like put 2 females equipped with Blue Ribbons in the front along with Bob, and have someone cast Revenge Earth on him... so depending on turn order Bob will transform, then enemies will start attacking him and he'll counter everyone with his 2x damage status. in this case you might want to just give Bob a Double-Strike or Fury rune.
highwind44029

Re: What to Equip on Bob? (Suikoden 2)

Post by highwind44029 »

Servant definitely includes Sierra's attack, although it's quite negligible because Bolgan and Werewolf Bob have much higher ATK.

As for equipment, he could wear headgears (Wind Hat is the best option), light clothes (Dream Robe or Taikyoku Tunic as your best options), can't wear shields, and he can wear accessories that every other adult male can wear.