[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by wataru14 »

In my current playthrough I did something strange with codes (possibly the "stores sell everything" code, I'm not sure) and my storehouse inventory got messed up. It turned all the items and armor in my storehouse into Throat Drops. I've been experimenting with using gameshark to forcibly change them back to what they were, but it keeps crashing the game. Does anyone have codes that you can use to manipulate your party inventory slots (in your bag)? Or can someone explain to me how to correctly use the ones on Codetwink?

http://www.codetwink.com/view-cheats-33 ... ge-88.html
http://www.codetwink.com/view-cheats-33 ... ge-91.html
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

For something like that, you'd be better off editing the save. There used to be a guide on GameFAQs.

If you want to continue using the codes, you might try the "Disable Crash Of Wrong Items Equipped" code. It might help. I'm not certain what it's doing. Possibly it sets a flag that forces the game to go looking for items in the complete list instead of trying to save time with the cached list of items from when the save loaded. If that's the case, it should fix the crashing.
http://www.codetwink.com/view-cheats-33 ... 87.html#n2
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

This may be dumb, how do you get the Walk Through Wall cheat to work with the Joker Command for both English and Japanese version? I'm planning to just see what sequence break I can do so I'm limiting to Walk through Walls cheat and Money cheat.

For context I wrote accordingly to epSxe:

#Walk Through Wall assign R2
D0062124 0002
800965E4 0000
800961F6 2400
80096206 2400
8009621A 2400
80096226 2400

I can walk through walls without the Joker Command but won't be able to turn it off for the remainder of the game for important pushing. The Japanese Version's does not work with the code at all.

Thanks in advance.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, and this is the trouble with PS1 cheat devices, you need that conditional code before every line. Only the following line is dependent on it, and the rest will just run at all times. Secondly, you need to know what was already in those RAM locations, so you can restore it when you want to turn the code off. I can probably look it up later, if you don't know how.

Once you have the restore values, you have to decide how you want to activate/deactivate the code. You can either do a toggle, which would be R2 to turn on, and, say, L2 to turn it off, or set it up so you have to hold down R2 to walk through walls, and any time it's not being pressed the code automatically turns off.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Please and Thanks. In the meantime I'll play around with PEC and see how it goes.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I think this will do it. It requires you to hold down the button (R2). If you want to change that to a toggle, edit the off lines, that is, the codes starting with D1. Change them to start with D0, and change their button value to whatever you like.

Edit: Changed to a toggle for the obvious reason that this game uses the D-pad for movement.

#Walkthrough Walls (R2 - On, L2 - Off)
D0062124 0002
800965E4 0000
D0062124 0002
800961F6 2400
D0062124 0002
80096206 2400
D0062124 0002
8009621A 2400
D0062124 0002
80096226 2400
D0062124 0001
800965E4 0600
D0062124 0001
800961F6 1082
D0062124 0001
80096206 1080
D0062124 0001
8009621A 1082
D0062124 0001
80096226 1082
Last edited by Pyriel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

I tried the code and it doesn't work BUT after fiddling it, if I use it plus the normal Walk through wall cheat (no toggle whatsoever), I found I can cancel the cheat at anytime albeit having go through the troublesome process of saving with a save state, turn off Walk through wall code, reload save state, and continue on. Which isn't that bad, just troublesome that's all. I guess I'll do with what I can.

Any news for the Japanese version? I tried it but it got soft blocked. The Max Gil works in the Japanese though.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I edited the code to a toggle. I was being a dumbass. Because of course the button mask isn't going to be equal to 0002 if you're holding R2 and some direction on the D-Pad. Too used to analog joysticks, I guess.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Tried it and still doesn't work. I think it's a problem on my end as I did managed to clip through something but can't replicate it (could be a bug). Anyway I can make use of the old albeit troublesome method since there are only few places that's worth exploring.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It worked just fine on my copy of the game. You probably entered the toggle version incorrectly, or you're not using the NA version.

There are some timing quirks in the way emulators handle codes. It depends on how closely they emulate the GameShark code engine or whatever code engine they might be emulating. They had weird rules and limitations. Even using the "hold R2" version on ePSXe, which shouldn't have worked at all, because the moment a direction was pressed the code should have turned off, I was still able to get halfway into a wall before being stopped. It seems like they've got the built-in code engine running some number of lines per frame, perhaps. So you might need to hold down the button for a second or so to ensure everything takes effect. You also need to hold down JUST that button. For reasons similar to why the "hold R2" I put up originally won't work, the toggle version may not work if you hold down R2 for a tiny fraction of a second and immediately press right or left. If the cheat engine only does half the writes, who knows what you'll get.

I see you're using PEC, which handles cheats by wrapping around the video plugin. Is it still a huge pain to enter codes into? Or are you editing the files directly so you don't have to deal with its entry interface?

If you want this stuff to be more intuitive, and responsive, I'd recommend using scripted cheats in Cheat Engine or something. That way the changes are being done by an external process that isn't bound to frame-rate, or whatever is going on with the emulators, and you can just turn them on/off with a click or by binding a key to it, independent of the PSX controller input.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

No wonder; me overclocking the CPU screwed up the frame rate. It works as you suggested, just have to play it on normal speed...

I'll give Cheat Engine a go. What's the Memory addresses for collision?
ZaruenVoresu

Post by ZaruenVoresu »

When it comes to ePSxe at leaest, the only way I got walk through walls to work is to load the save with it on, and than when i reloaded the save with it off, everything went back to normal, save states dont work well with this code in turning it on/off.

Also ,
Pyriel wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 am Use the same code as you used to recruit her, but change the last couple of positions to 00. Make sure you save after confirming that she's gone, and restart the game with it off. If you leave it on, it'll be impossible to recruit her when the time comes.
Would this work with the infamous emilia freeze as well? Ive trried many times to un-recruit characters but never for the life of me, thought of saving and than turning the game on and off.

and one more question....

I cant seem to hack locked rune slots into select runes using gameshark codes.. (it will only edit the avalable slots for each character, but the locked rune slots stay locked?

EEDIT: Okay so yes I can confirm taht disabling characters by replacing 07 with 00 does work, all you have to do is save/reload the game and it will be as if the characters never joined you and most likely this would fix any freezing issues caused by the characters being in your team when they arent supposed to. AWEESOME!

EDIT: Okay well i read a post i found stating that even if it shows as lockeed/unusable on status screen, it is indeed "THERE".
Such as if you place magic runes in locked slots, and go to magic screen, you will be able to see the spells/use spells.
So I assume if you equip non magic runes, such as combat runees, in battle they will still count as being used..

Thanks KFCRispy and Pyriel!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Metsu wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:56 am I believe Pyriel or someone already provided this code somewhere, but I forget where. Here are some gameshark codes I made that would do this.

All shops refresh every time you talk to them:
50003C06 0000
8006a502 0000
(writes 00 for time since last checked constantly)
Using this code purges your castle shops of all inventory. However, if you change the last line to 8006a502 0001, it not only does the rare find reset, but it sets your store inventory to full. It adds everything from all stores to Hans/Alex/Jeane's inventory. Nice little surprise.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

Does anyone know where Valeria appears in the castle? I sharked Kasumi out due to regret and because she's garbage, then sharked Valeria in to make balance in the universe once more. I'm so sorry my sweet sweet Valeria I don't know what I was thinking (well ... Clive quest makes you do strange things). Everything seems to be running normally as Valeria appears on the tablet, Anita makes mention of her in the bar and Kasumi disappeared from Richmond's list and Valeria appeared. But maybe I never noticed before but ... She's nowhere to be found in the castle which had me a little worried ...
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

She hangs out in Leona's tavern with Anita sometimes. Can Leona add her to your party?