[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Dify

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:31 pm 999 ATK All Characters
80088982 1000

If you want to customize the value, tack on 80088984 ???? and supply your own value (in hex). 01F4 will give you 500, which is pretty good, and might make some of the unites and things where allies take damage based on ATK more survivable. If you just want everybody to hit like a tank on auto, the one line is good enough.

Oh, this takes over the upper bounds check, so you can theoretically use the second line to set insane values. I didn't test that, though. The limit could be enforced elsewhere, or the game could glitch or crash if you go overboard.
Thanks a lot dude you really save me there,
But can you just make it to character only in party or specific characters who have 999 att stats,or you can tell me how to do it myself like what apps do i need,or how to use that calculate things
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Not really. ATK is a derived stat. It's the total of STR + weapon attack power + bonuses from armor and accessories + rune bonuses, and maybe a couple of other buffs. You can modify strength on a per character basis, but the rest of it is tied to things you can't modify without affecting everybody. STR is limited to 255, so there's not a lot you can do to permanently drive up ATK for one character.

The code isn't permanent. It just forces the calculation to return its maximum value (or whatever you specify if you use the extra line). When you start up the game with it turned off, everybody will fall back to whatever their actual total is.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm Not really. ATK is a derived stat. It's the total of STR + weapon attack power + bonuses from armor and accessories + rune bonuses, and maybe a couple of other buffs. You can modify strength on a per character basis, but the rest of it is tied to things you can't modify without affecting everybody. STR is limited to 255, so there's not a lot you can do to permanently drive up ATK for one character.

The code isn't permanent. It just forces the calculation to return its maximum value (or whatever you specify if you use the extra line). When you start up the game with it turned off, everybody will fall back to whatever their actual total is.
Oh i see,so is there something that i can do to make it permanent? I love this code so much
Dify

Post by Dify »

Or can i use kindness rune glitch to hero,i've been killing hero a lot and put kindness rune in my weapon but nothing change
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

For this code, the only way to make it permanent would be to embed it in your copy of the game.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 pm For this code, the only way to make it permanent would be to embed it in your copy of the game.
Copy of the game? You mean like save state ?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

No, you'd literally have to alter your disc or disc image. You could carry it forward in a single play-through by editing a save state, but the effects would disappear if you stopped using states based on the edited one, e.g., if you make an actual memory card save at some point, reset the game and load that without first using an affected save state.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am No, you'd literally have to alter your disc or disc image. You could carry it forward in a single play-through by editing a save state, but the effects would disappear if you stopped using states based on the edited one, e.g., if you make an actual memory card save at some point, reset the game and load that without first using an affected save state.
Well i play using emulator actually,so what i can do
Dify

Post by Dify »

I try to save it with code on,but when i load it,the stats goes back to before i using codes,
But anyway thanks a lot for these code dude,i love this one
Last edited by Dify on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Metsu wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:52 pm Time to pay back this community for helping me! Well, I hope this hasn't been discussed too much, at least I couldn't find it in the search.

Some people were looking for a code to change the statue on the 4th floor, or in other words, the kill count each character has with physical attacks.

I found the values for that to be the last two bytes of the characters (unsigned 16-bit integer).

Starting with Riou, it would be this in memory...
800698B4 - Riou
800698D8 - Flik
On and on, every 24 bytes for the 83 playable characters.
Hey i love this code so can you tell me what code for nanami,idk how to calculate this kind of code
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Dify wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:43 am I try to save it with code on,but when i load it,the stats goes back to before i using codes,
If you're talking save-states, it's possible that the emulator you use is somehow letting the executable data be replaced, or that it's tracking regions where executable data was loaded on boot-up and not saving them. Or, possibly more likely, it takes a snapshot that doesn't include the effects of any cheats in those regions. I don't know why they'd take the trouble to do something like that, but mileage may vary on keeping the code active in save states, I guess.

As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't swap out the main executable file and reload it, except when the system itself is reset. It'd be difficult and pointless to do that during play anyway. I have seen some cheat codes that overwrite the main executable include checks to see that it's loaded, but I always assumed the makers were just unsure of which regions were the main exe and which were swappable overlay modules. It'd certainly be a massive coincidence, if the game decided to refresh from disc somehow during the exact moment after you loaded a save state.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 am
Dify wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:43 am I try to save it with code on,but when i load it,the stats goes back to before i using codes,
If you're talking save-states, it's possible that the emulator you use is somehow letting the executable data be replaced, or that it's tracking regions where executable data was loaded on boot-up and not saving them. Or, possibly more likely, it takes a snapshot that doesn't include the effects of any cheats in those regions. I don't know why they'd take the trouble to do something like that, but mileage may vary on keeping the code active in save states, I guess.

As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't swap out the main executable file and reload it, except when the system itself is reset. It'd be difficult and pointless to do that during play anyway. I have seen some cheat codes that overwrite the main executable include checks to see that it's loaded, but I always assumed the makers were just unsure of which regions were the main exe and which were swappable overlay modules. It'd certainly be a massive coincidence, if the game decided to refresh from disc somehow during the exact moment after you loaded a save state.
Yeah it only works for save states though,i use emulator in android,is there's a difference, i mean between android and pc emulator
SunomonoSandwich

Post by SunomonoSandwich »

Hello everyone, first time posting.

I don't know if anyone found this before, but I have found that if you put stallion in your convoy, you will be able to run fast on the world map.

gameshark code to place characters in convoy
slot 1 - 3006A46B 00??
slot 2 - 3006A46C 00??
Stallion = 43

He doesn't need to be in the party :lol:

The game will freeze very often during the story if you mess with the convoy, so it is not feasible to use it as an "always run on world map" code.

In theory, you could implement a code to place the value 43 into slot 1 when you hold down a button (preferably one that isn't used on the world map, like R2). However, when it is time to put characters back into convoy, the gameshark (as far as I know) doesn't remember the original value. This leads to the game freezing eventually as the story progresses.

Even so, do we have the beginnings of a possible "always run on world map" code??

With cheat engine, I implemented a script that saves the convoy values and allows me to use hotkeys (like a game trainer) to swap him in and out on the world map.
This being a gameshark thread, I won't go into detail. I was wondering, however, if there was a way to do this with gameshark, for those who don't like CE or want the code to work on their actual Playstation.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's easier to just do this.

Always Dash on World Map
300990B4 0001

Forces the game to search for Riou rather than Stallion in the party. If you want to be able to turn it on and off, just throw on button activators (I don't feel like looking up the button values right now, and I don't remember them off by heart for the PSX anymore). The off value would just replace the 01 at the end of the code with 43.

If you want to find this using CE:
00 02 96 43 00 04 24 00 FF 42 30 01 00 42 34 C9 CB 01 0C 18 00 02 A6 FF FF 03 24 05 00 43 10

Should do the trick. It's the first 43 in there that you want to change.

It's possible to create something like this that would let you turn dashing on and off at will, regardless of whether or not Stallion is actually present in the party, but I don't know if it's worth it. It'd be sort of trivial for CE, but with PSX GameShark codes it would require a small assembly routine to be inserted, which makes for a much longer code (especially if you want to be able to restore normal function without a reset).

The issue is that it searches for Stallion in the party, and if he's found it sets a status flag (a single bit) that enables dashing. GameShark commands can't alter a single bit like that.

Edit: To be clear, the value of the hypothetical code I'm talking about is that you could choose whether or not the dash is active, even if Stallion is in the party. A value that seems pretty limited to me. There's no precision maneuvering that dashing could interfere with, as far as I know. Maybe for speed-runners, but if you're running in a cheat category, I think we can supply you with cheats that just skip you to the ending right out of the box instead.
SunomonoSandwich

Post by SunomonoSandwich »

Hello Pyriel. Thank you for this. I have been searching for an always run code for a long time now but couldn't find it. I tried finding the status flag, but had no luck. This solves the problem. I don't need to turn the code off, since it was only a problem because I was messing with the convoy.

I also have been messing around with cheating chinchinorin. The values for the dices thrown are different depending on where you are playing the game.
This makes it tricky to place into one set of codes.

The opponent always place first, and if they roll 1-1-1 they immediately pay out triple what you bet. With that in mind, you can cheat each of the games as follows:

Recruit Shilo
30024A84 0001
30024918 0001
300247AC 0001

Tai Ho, get him to carry you across the lake
30024EDC 0001
30025048 0001
300251B4 0001

Tai Ho, Recruit him
30023EEC 0001
30024058 0001
300241C4 0001

These codes have been converted from ePSXe memory addresses. I have not tested these codes yet with gameshark.
Keeping them enabled will freeze the game. Again, implementing it with a button press should work mitigate that issue. (I will look into that)

However, A better way to do this is to find a memory address that we could use to detect if chinchinorin is being played (and which one) and have the gameshark change the values then only. I have not had any luck with that.

Are there any memory addresses that you guys have found that could be used for this? Either way, I hope this helps, with an emulator you can always pause and enable/disable the codes to prevent crashes.