[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Tallgeese

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Tallgeese »

I joined to ask a question pertinent to this topic.

I recruited McDohl normally, then kicked him out and applied a "Recruit All Characters" code (the one at Codetwink) to add him to my party list at Leona.

However... he's not there. He's the only one not there as well. I thought that applying an all recruitment code would get him in?

If I'm not mistaken, he is character 82, hex 52. Simply adding 3006AE62 0007 (the character right after King Jowy, the 81st character) does nothing as well.

Would anyone happen to know for sure if the recruit all code actually does place McDohl into Leona's recruitment list?

I also tried the recruit all code before McDohl's storyline was triggered, so it isn't that either.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out why.

I'm not sure how you guys are managing to get McDohl to show up in your party lists. The instruction that loads the list only reads up to 81 flags. In other words, it only reads up to King Jowy then stops.

KFCrispy, you did indeed find a code that loads Bonaparte-less Millie. She is the character at id 83, hex 53. Since you're not allowed to load more than 81 characters in the list (including main for some reason), she is inaccessible. Here is the code to make her appear along with McDohl:

3006AE62 0007 (This line enables McDohl, omit if you wish)
3006AE63 0007 (This line enables Millie sans Bonaparte)
D010E8C8 0052
3010E8C8 0054

The final two lines make the game read 83 character availability flags and not 81. This allows McDohl and Millie to appear. Millie sans Bonaparte has Nina's join/remove lines. In the recruit list her portrait is a placeholder, but she is OK once she is in the party.

In case you are curious, the free character slot (id 84) is some odd blank character. Adding them does nothing.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow great stuff, Tallgeese! so those last lines actually EXPAND your maximum roster? neato ^_^
and i can actually add McDohl without that stupid trek...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Fix War Song 3 (Decisive Battle)
300ECFAB 0001

This song plays in at least one battle that I've noticed (the automated battle when you first attack Highland), and I'm told it's also supposed to play when you fight Luca and Sasarai outside headquarters. It's the same deal as all the others. The track is there, the table of position data just indicates the wrong channel.

Tallgeese, did you hack that or find it? http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... #msg137685

Edit:

Fix Chant (Final Duel Song)
300ECFFF 0001

This is supposed to play in between the last two duels, during the best ending's events.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

Thanks Pyriel and everyone else. I was wondering is a fix for Karen's Dance could be found. There is supposed to be music playing when you dance her. I just wondered if it was similar to the other messed up songs.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

@Tallgeese An open character slot? If we can put some codes so that that character slot can get stats, maybe we can insert anyone we like, even game-breaking characters (i.e. one with 255 in all stats and 999 HP STARTING AT LEVEL ONE.)

Just kidding on that last part. But probably we can insert in this character slot any character from the other Suikodens (Lazlo, Frey, Geddoe), or hell, maybe we can even get Luca Blight to fight for the player!
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Hi, so I'm having a bit of trouble with the Damage Modifier code from CodeTwink.
50005224 0000
8002AB1A ????

I've tried different codes to replace the ???? but none have worked for me so far. I want it to be a really high damage amount, if you could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Please and thank you!
Grugal

Post by Grugal »

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if there were any Gameshark codes that would allow me to add runes to a character's rune slot that would usually be impossible? For example, replacing Meg's Trickster rune with, say, a Blue Gate rune. Or adding a rune to a character's rune slot that usually remains blank, and doesn't ever open to allow any runes to be placed there. Thanks in advance if anyone can help! :P
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes the codes at codetwink will give you what you need.
Grugal

Post by Grugal »

KFCrispy wrote:yes the codes at codetwink will give you what you need.
Thank you so much! I actually looked on there yesterday before posting (and joining Suikosource, in fact) and I just couldn't figure it out. I just figured it out though because I wanted to try again before bugging you and asking you. Hahaha. Sorry for being silly and not understanding how to navigate it and thanks again. :lol:
Grugal

Post by Grugal »

Actually I'm REALLY sorry to bother you again, but I've been screwing around with codes and I still can't seem to figure something out. I've made all sorts of other codes work (equipment codes, etc.) but I can't seem to add runes to unopened slots in the case that they never open. I'll use Viktor as an example. Right now, I'm trying to equip a Violence Rune on his head. I'm aware that his head rune slot never actually opens up so that's what I'm trying to make happen, if possible. I'm assuming since there's a code for his head rune slot, it CAN be done somehow. I've added every sort of rune code I could find for him and it just doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'll explain what I've done below.

Firstly, I just tried adding the rune to the head slot without any other codes involved. Just the code for the head slot, followed by code for the rune. The problem is, the code on Viktor's page for the head slot is as follows...

300698EF ????

I know that the ???? needs to be replaced with the actual code for the rune, because I've done this with his equipment slots too. The rune digits page just gives a 58 for the Violence rune, with nothing before or after. That would mean the code would become either 300698EF 58?? or 300698EF ??58. Since I'm aware ?? isn't part of the code, and with the way the equipment codes worked, I would have thought it would be the latter, and I tried both 0058 and 1058 since it doesn't give me any other indication on what to do. Neither of those worked, and when I restarted the emulator and loaded my save, Viktor just still had a blank slot. I added the following codes as well, both individually and all at once, and nothing worked. But again, I was unclear on how to use a few of them so I'll add a short description next to them.

Level 99 (Can Also Equip All Runes) 300698DA 0063 - When enabled, this opened up the rune slot on Viktor's left hand. His head slot remained unopened. Besides, I don't want him at level 99 anyway. I just want to try and do things that are otherwise impossible.

Max Rune Level 300698ED 0063 - I would have assumed this is what I needed, but it appeared to do nothing.

Rune Modifier 300698EE ???? - I really had no idea what this would do, since it just says "rune" modifier, and the rest say rune equipped head modifier, left hand, right hand and weapon. Not only did I have no idea what it did, I also had no idea what to do with the ????. When I clicked on the ???? it took me to the rune digits page, and so I tried both 0058 and 0063 (since the other two codes seemed to have that for whatever reason) and again, it had no effect.

I've tried all sorts of combinations with the above four codes and nothing seems to work. I hope you (or someone else who sees this) can help me and thank you in advance if you can. Sorry once again for the bother, and also for the long message. I just wanted to explain in full exactly what I'd done. I've noticed some people are extremely vague when asking questions and it just means people ask for more information. Hope it's not too much!
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I've used these codes before.

You only need to apply the code, and you will have the rune. The rune will not be visible on the status screen though! You can only see it (or access it if it contains spells) in battle.

Hope that helps.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Grugal

Post by Grugal »

Ohhh! Yes, that helps a lot. I just assumed that if it was going to work, it would've showed up on the status screen. Haha. Thank you very much!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think you can go to Spells section of your menu you can also see them.
algreen

Post by algreen »

Is there anyway to increase HP of enemies and bosses with codes?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's possible to modify almost all data with the codes, but it would not necessarily be easy to figure out :)