Suikoden 2 Gameshark Experience Modifier Codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
vonartrix

Suikoden 2 Gameshark Experience Modifier Codes

Post by vonartrix »

Anyone knows how to use the experience modifier codes for the gameshark? I wanna get x3 exp for an easier time but not so easy that I ruin the entire experience
Belcoot4

Re: Suikoden 2 Gameshark Experience Modifier Codes

Post by Belcoot4 »

off topic, but a suggestion... Just go do the matilda trick when you're suppose to go get the wooden amulet for Pilika. If you end up getting Humphrey and Futch through all that you should be around 35-40 which is strong enough to get you to the last couple parts of the story where you can level up more.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
vonartrix

Post by vonartrix »

yeah but then i want the bonus at the later levels too
Hybridfurie

Post by Hybridfurie »

You can't multiply experience for each battle, unfortunately. The codes set the current experience of each character if I remember correctly, which means you'd need to calculate how much experience you want them to have, convert to hex, and put it in the code properly.

A simpler thing would be to give all these characters Fortune runes via Gameshark, which will double all the experience they receive.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Suikoden II is already easy enough to beat it without cheating.
vonartrix

Post by vonartrix »

Hybridfurie wrote:You can't multiply experience for each battle, unfortunately. The codes set the current experience of each character if I remember correctly, which means you'd need to calculate how much experience you want them to have, convert to hex, and put it in the code properly.
hmm could u further explain this part for me?

how to convert to hex?
Hybridfurie

Post by Hybridfurie »

Use windows calculator (may have to unlock advanced mode or scientific mode in the options). With Dec selected, type in the value you want to put for experience, then select Hex. It will convert it automatically.

However, you'll also need to know how to input the value in the code. You'd need to put in reverse order in the code (the first address is for the last two digits, the second address is for the next to last two, etc.)

If you don't already know, it's a bit to learn. It'd probably be easier to just gameshark Fortune runes on everyone you use onto everyone's Head.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, it'll probably take all of twenty minutes to make a multiplier code. Although, by convention you can only get multipliers in the powers of two (e.g. 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x) accessible by left-shifting because actual multiplication would require modifying three operations. That's generally too many to be done safely without creating your own routine in a code-cave somewhere.

I'll try to work up the initiative to drag out my PS and take a look at this for you.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Sorry for the double-post, but I didn't want this to go missed by just editing. Hopefully this forum software allows merging.

Experience Multiplier
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D6 2402
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D4 000?

The values increase in powers of two.
1 - 2x
2 - 4x
3 - 8x
4 - 16x
etc.

As an interesting side note, Fortune Runes were designed to stack in this game for some reason. I think you can only get one of them, and I don't recall if it's a head-only rune or something like that, so it's probably a moot point. In any case, at a very high level the ? in this code is the number of Fortune Runes your character appears to be wearing with the code on. It doesn't actually change your runes or anything; the game just counts up the Fortune Runes your character is wearing as part of the experience calculation, and the code simply replaces the actual counting with the specified value.

Oh, and Prosperity Runes would stack as well.

While I was searching for this, I made another code I hadn't really planned to.

Characters Have 999 Max HP
80073ED4 270F
80073ED6 2484

Sort of unnecessary. I was just trying to rule out a particular routine, and the end result was a somewhat curious effect. As characters are evaluated their maximum HP is set to 999 (after a fashion). It probably affects enemies as well, so I'd turn it off if you're about to fight something that can heal itself. For the most part it doesn't hurt, since it has no effect on current HP. Probably not too useful, but it might help another hacker find something he's looking for.
Hybridfurie

Post by Hybridfurie »

Ah, I apologize for my hasty response. I should have said I didn't know how to do it. Gotta learn that.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

IMO these code should be definitly added to the following section of this site
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Pyriel I tried your codes.

they work. but most of the time they cause the game to freeze after a battle.

i found this code on the Code Twink Website

Quick Level Gain (All Characters)
(Cheat Device 2.2 Or Higher Needed!)
50005224 0000
80069894 03E7

but when i try it the game freezes when i try to open a memory card to load a save file.

does anybody on here have a version of this code from before the more recent ps1 gameshark devices? or something i could use to convert it to an earlier version myself?

its more or less just so i can speed up my parties grinding in preparation for the fight with Luca. I dont want to send a bunch of level 35-38 characters into that fight and end up getting butchered by that lunatic. I'd prefer to have level 40 as a safe zone
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You probably entered something wrong. I've played for several hours at a time with various multipliers set in that code, and never saw a crash.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

are there any codes for getting 1000 experience points per battle?

i used the exp multiplier code yesterday to develop riou to level 60 so i could get a supercharged george, pesmerga and mazus but i still had the code active when i went to gregminister to pick up Tir for my next mission and to get Mondo and Sasuke and the game froze when i came back down from Banner Pass into the Village (the same thing happened when i used the code before to grind party members for fighting Luca)

so rather than have the hassle of that happening i'd just rather take a code that gives me 1000 exp per fight
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

isn't the Quick Level Gain code giving you a fixed 999 or 1000 EXP? If 3E7 is giving you 999 instead of 1000, try 3E8