best Long range attackers?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

a big drawback regarding Mukumuku is that his tech stat is below average, his speed is only average, and he only has one rune slot.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Also the fact that Mukumuku cannot equip anything makes using him after middle of the game a sketchy idea.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you also want to consider complementary teammates in terms of theme (less important) and unites to see what each character has to offer. Rina has 2 unites i think, one with Bolgan and Eilie, but i think Bolgan is a big drawback. there is also the Beauty Atk, but it's pretty weak in general (but of course it might be ok with a buffed-up Rina)

Kinnison works very well with Shiro, but Shiro being a beast that can't equip anything becomes a liability vs hard-hitting bosses. he also can unite with Ayda or Stallion(?) for that dinky-looking bow unite. this is very practical although very ugly (shoulda kept the S1 animation damnit--short and simple), and Stallion offers a lot for a large portion of the game for travelling and escaping enemies. Ayda is not bad...
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Clive and Stallion.
Clive- He hits multiple shots. Even though he never hits one enemy at a go but it helps where you've got so many enemies that you want out of your way.
(My Own Opinion: He's one of my fav character!)
Stallion- His physical attack is quite good, even if he's not united with anybody.
(My Own Opinion: His speed makes it easier to travel on maps. And when you fix a cyclone rune on him, he's about as good as Luc. After all, the elf's rune stat with Wind is A)
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

If you're looking for strength, the strongest I don't think has been mentioned. It's Lo Wen.

Clive and Eilie have the same strength, but Eilie has two rune slots, whereas Lo Wen and Clive only have one. Eilie can also use Fire Magic to attack, rather then just sticking to her knives.

Although Rina does have the extra rune slot, giving her a Double-Strike, then taking her to fight the Beast Rune where the extra power is warranted is like sticking up a giant sign that says "kill me!"

In short:
Eilie - Long Range Attacker
Rina - Long Range Magician

Props to Lo Wen though, for being the strongest without resorting to rare-find runes.
-M
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: best Long range attackers?

Post by KFCrispy »

not much love for Ayda.. but she has pretty high SPD for multi-hits (Clive and Stallion are better), free 2 rune slots and weapon rune slot, and pretty high LUK, avg SKL to give her an above-average critical hit rate.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Nobody likes Tengaar? I've never been terribly adventurous with my party selections, but I usually try out a few new characters whenever I replay. My last playthrough of SI I took really good care of Tengaar, so when I recruited her after the Two River campaign she was really tearing it up. After loading a save file in which she had a lvl. 16 weapon, she started SII with a lvl. 11 one, head and shoulders above anyone else's (Even Flik and Viktor). I'm not sure off the top of my head how many Rune slots she gets total, but she had two at around level 60. I used her primarily as a magician, but her attack was nice for most of the game as well.

And someone mentioned Mukumuku as well. Yeah, he gets antiquated fairly quickly, but early in the game he's a lifesaver. Bringing him to Mt. Rakutei during the Matilda Gate Trick sidequest is a very good idea, since he'll be one of your only major damaging units. Pity he dies so quickly, though.
Yeah!
IczR1

Post by IczR1 »

Best long range attacker is Rina by far.

After Rina:
Ayda, Kinnison, Eilie and Tengaar
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

i choose long range attackers for support (magic/healing)

the one that has a strong long range attack and can be optimized with magic is rina, seconded by tengaar

strong and fast long range pure attacker for me is clive- not support

rina rina rina

i wunna be like her when i grow up

so sultry
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
highwind44029

Re:

Post by highwind44029 »

Hxc Flavor wrote:you're right, i forgot meg had the highest luck. isn't gabocha's luck pretty high up there as well as his tech?
Yeah, Gabocha's one of the few who has both tech and luck at above average.

Shilo has the highest sum of tech and luck out of all L-range characters. Gabocha and Meg tie with second, I think. I might have to check my data.

Edited to add: Ok, since TEC+LUC indicates critical hit rate, I have ranked the L-range characters based on the sum of their TEC and LUC stats at Level 99.

1. Shilo (418)
2. Meg (409)
3. Gabocha (364)
4. Ayda (359)
5. Clive (357)
6. Kinnison (353)
7. Millie (347)
8. Eilie (340)
8. Sasuke (340)
10. Lo Wen (324)
11. Tengaar (310)
12. Mekumeku (298)
12. Rina (298)
14. Simone (297)
15. Tuta (293)
16. Stallion (290)
17. Makumaku (260)
18. Mikumiku (250)
18. Mukumuku (250)
20. Mokumoku (223)

The differences are pretty minimal below the top two. I'm surprised Clive's that high considering his terrible Luck.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

I have to agree with most people here, Clive and Lo Wen are my choice with a Double Beat and Fury Rune.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I love kinnisin, he can multiple hit like a mad man i gave him a double beat and a mother earth rune, stallion for his High speed, (plus who doesnt love elves) and lo wen, her weapon is Awesome, plus she can pound the enemies with it.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

So who's the best choice for a Hunter Rune? What's more important for hitting with the Hunter Rune, LUK, TEC, or SPD?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:So who's the best choice for a Hunter Rune? What's more important for hitting with the Hunter Rune, LUK, TEC, or SPD?
for hunter rune i'd go with someone who can use Double Beat so you get 2 tries per turn, and a predictable SPD based on your strategy... you might want someone attacking first before your Hunter, or maybe you want the Hunter to go first, etc. i'd try to cast Wind of Sleep before the Hunter Rune attacks to give myself a chance of auto-hitting on the first turn.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

KFCrispy wrote:
Lourde Incarnadine wrote:So who's the best choice for a Hunter Rune? What's more important for hitting with the Hunter Rune, LUK, TEC, or SPD?
for hunter rune i'd go with someone who can use Double Beat so you get 2 tries per turn, and a predictable SPD based on your strategy... you might want someone attacking first before your Hunter, or maybe you want the Hunter to go first, etc. i'd try to cast Wind of Sleep before the Hunter Rune attacks to give myself a chance of auto-hitting on the first turn.
I was thinking someone whose stats support either a high crit rate, a high multi-attack rate, or both, which is why I asked.