[Discussion] Ways to make Suikoden II more challenging

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

hardly an accomplishment.
Clive quest needs you to basically get to Highland in under 20 hours anyway.

But i'm one of those players that wants to get everything in the game hehe and end up playing for like 80 hours.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Mukumuku wrote:Don't eat until you finsh the game.(because who says you can't die playing games?)
Japanise guy that played a game called thousande days and died after four days without eating and drinking.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

Siel Avadon wrote:
Mukumuku wrote:Don't eat until you finsh the game.(because who says you can't die playing games?)
Japanise guy that played a game called thousande days and died after four days without eating and drinking.
Wow that's scary. I guess I'd try to beat the game by using only the squirrels. Haven't done it yet.
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
Black Knight Yuber

Ways to make Suikoden II more challenging

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

1. Keep the characters with their default armor.
2. Fight Beast Rune alone or with just 2 Krakens.
3. Don't save by a journeyman's crystal before fighting a boss.
4. Use characters once per boss with exception to some characters like Viktor fights Master Sword, Luca Blight, Neclord.
5. Use characters with a theme such as knights, ninja's, people with bandana's, etc.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Beat Luca Blight using no items and only defending with a chance for a counter attack you should beat him in about hmmm....
Tries :P
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Stick a Wall Rune on Humphrey, Riou and some other person with high TECH and DEF in the front row (Valeria or maybe Sheena).
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

don't heal in battles... heal only in inns... don't attach sacrificial jizo... don't use water dragon or other damage/ heal magics... especilly forgiver's sign... down grade all armors... possible weakest armor or no armor at all... don't upgrade weapons leve them as they are...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

Use only the Hero and MukuMuku.
MukuMuku can only Rune scrolls.
Riou can only use Crab Cake food items.
Eternal

Post by Eternal »

Later on in the game, use magicians like Luc,Viki etc. but you can't use their magic or sharpen their weapons. Don't give yourselves stones, armor and maybe use only medicines....Plus don't use Blinking mirror. ANd you can't use escape talismans to get out from a dungeon.
Riou McDohl

Post by Riou McDohl »

I'm fully aware of how useful Nanami can be, especially when she forces herself into your party for certain missions, so I say, for an added challenge (and if you want to be a bit on the mean side, hehe) make sure Nanami gets KO'd in every battle, so that you fight with only a group of 5 instead of 6. Just stick the Fire Lizard Rune on her weapon, make sure you don't sharpen her weapon or update her armor, and there you go. And by the way... for an added bonus, whenever she asks if you're mad that she's there, tell her yes.

Pesmerga and Miklotov....leaving enemies black and blue.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Well, i didnt trayy any of taht suggestions, but i know this.
When i was at "top shape" (can you be i "shape" to play Suikoden?) :lol: i managed to beat Beast Rune with:
Milie, Gengen, Tuta, Gabocha and who..was it Karen?
So, it was surrelly the HARDEST battle i ever played. I left my soul in tehre to win it. Also, i used Riou "only" to heal aprty, not to atack.
George_Prime

Post by George_Prime »

Beat the Last Boss using all the possible character combinations in the game... :wink:
sabaku_no_gaara

Post by sabaku_no_gaara »

dont do the matilda glitch
finish all the 108 dudes and dudettes
dont get McDohl(he rocks though)
complete the cooking matches
and dont CHEAT
ALONE..... i love myself.....
Basel

Post by Basel »

Hi sabaku_no_gaara and welcome to Suikosource,
You might would like to know that images are not allowed in posts and signatures as specified by the rules here: http://www.suikosource.com/rules.php
In view of those users who have to access the forums through dialup modems and similarly slow devices images in posts are not allowed, please provide a link if you wish to display an image. Similarly, images are not allowed in signatures so if you use an image containing signature elsewhere make sure it is disabled here or consider a local account.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
sabaku_no_gaara

Post by sabaku_no_gaara »

Thanks Basel!
heres another challenge, slot your party with runes that they are not compatible with. Even with just one or two party members.
ALONE..... i love myself.....