armor swapping trick (S2)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Runemaster

armor swapping trick (S2)

Post by Runemaster »

This was split from the discussion in the Suikoden III thread -KFCrispy

Sorry for reviving but I just wanna ask if the Armor Swapping secret REAALLLLYYY works. Because as far as my experience has gone, it has not yet worked for to me. I've tried it sometime but I failed.

Or I guess I was violating a part of that secret.
thanks!

EDIT: Oh, so this is for Suikoden 3 Gameplay Guides...but I can ask a question bout this here,can't I? ^_^
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Runemaster

Re: armor swapping

Post by Runemaster »

Sorry for the double post!

I've tried this so-called "secret" again and it DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!! >:(

What's happening?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can somebody please help me put this damn thing to work and prove this 'secret' correct?!?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Bakuri

Re: armor swapping trick (S2)

Post by Bakuri »

I am also having trouble getting the Armor swapping trick to work. I have searched numerous places for an answer and have yet to find a more clear explanation on how to perform this glitch. The example given involves Humphrey and Luc switching... but Humphrey has permanently attached armor... so even the example is not possible to follow.

Do the characters involved need to be in specific places in the line-up? Can I only bring those two characters with me to do the swap? Do I need to be in a town or on the world map? I have been trying many different things to get this to work, but I am at a loss.

Could someone provide a more detailed explanation on how to get this swap to occur? Perhaps an example that works for you? Has anyone else had luck with this?

I try to switch directly from the characters like it says but the equipment always appear grayed out.

Any help to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ^^
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i agree that was a terrible example, lol.... well replace Humphrey with someone who has a heavy armor equipped and try again. i am guessing you need to select the heavy armor and swap it with Luc's tunic.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The trick does work. I've done it many times. However, it's a difficult trick to understand, let alone explain.
Bakuri

Post by Bakuri »

Thanks for the replies ^^

For some reason I thought I did this once before years and years ago... but now I've totally convinced myself that I was dreaming since I can't do it now >< This trick is non essential to beat the game, so I'm not that worried about it, but I've done just about everything else with this game so why not try this too?

Hey Vextor, if you happen to have an old system hooked up could you give me an example two characters and armors that work? If not don't worry about it. I'll keep at it, and hopefully report back with some success.

Oh yeah and Vextor does this trick have any requirements such as place it can be performed? Anything like that? Anyone else who knows feel free to chime in too ^^

Thanks
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

REVIVAL! I really wish I could understand how this trick works. I've selected Riou's Chain Mail but when I try to exchange it for Nanami's Karate Uniform, it's a no go. Are there only certain armors that this will work on?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the best instructions might be a video. if anyone knows how to pull it off, please record it!
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

I'm not convinced this trick works either. Plus, Luc can't equip the Tunic.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Vextor wrote:The trick does work. I've done it many times. However, it's a difficult trick to understand, let alone explain.
It would be amazing if you could make a video showing this. I've tried it countless times, never worked for me.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

first of all how do you swap armors? i've only seen "remove/discard" selections
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I'm also fairly certain that the trick is bogus. Any mention of it around the web carries the same general text and incorrect examples (Luc Tunic and Humphrey armor, both of which are flat not possible).
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I tried to recreate it a while back so I could fix it, and couldn't get it to work. That doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. Under the right circumstances, there could be a way to exploit the menu, but nobody seems to have gotten the right of it when giving instructions. Since the detailed steps you usually find will probably never work due to the armor being permanently affixed or impossible to equip as a starting point, I'm guessing it's a fairly feeble hoax someone started for laughs. Like telling people that Unmutated Blanca is an unlockable character in the very first version of Street Fighter II, and all you have to do is beat the whole game without losing a round, playing as M. Bison.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we're not talking about swapping permanent armor, are we? i think it's just that when exchanging armor between people there is a situation that avoids the "who is allowed to wear what" check.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Right, except nobody's explained how to do it properly, and the oft-cited examples all involve impossible situations, like characters with permanent armor, or a starting point that would be impossible without exploiting or cheating in the first place. Those examples don't mean it doesn't work. It's the fact that nobody seems able to get it to work at all that does that. The unlikely examples just make it seem like somebody played a feeble joke by creating a hoax with subtle giveaways.