[Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
droper

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by droper »

I think the save import bonus Windspun Armor for Humphrey is worth mentioning. The unique upgrade to his normally locked in armor is more noteworthy than the item itself, but you also wouldn't find the armor before the very end of the game otherwise.
I would consider it similar to Recipe #39 and very easy to overlook without prior knowledge of how the transfers from part one work.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@celes

what about the iron,copper and silver hammer???
they are not missable,but you dont have to give them to tessai(only the golden hammer is needed),you can keep them in your inventory or in the vault.they are useless like the flints,but here we would have another 3 unique items for a perfect file.

EDIT:just got a antitoxin x6 from the pixies at mt. rakutei.no other enemy drops the antitoxin in this high quantity,and when I look at the bestiary,the pixie dont drop it anymore when you come back near the end of the game,so this would be a missable item as well...
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

sporefrog wrote:@celes

they are not missable,but you dont have to give them to tessai(only the golden hammer is needed),you can keep them in your inventory or in the vault.they are useless like the flints,but here we would have another 3 unique items for a perfect file.

EDIT:just got a antitoxin x6 from the pixies at mt. rakutei.no other enemy drops the antitoxin in this high quantity,and when I look at the bestiary,the pixie dont drop it anymore when you come back near the end of the game,so this would be a missable item as well...
The description of missable is if you can't got it elsewhere and limited time. Antitoxin is buyable on shop so that won't count..

Hammers and Flint are rather called player's choice similar to people select Fortune Rune vs Hunter Rune on Jude's statue. People also have different taste for perfect file. Me for example, I won't build Jowy just for the sake he joins at level 99 and lv 5 weapon after he rejoin in true ending while the game is ended as soon as we walk out from area...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

@veeshadow
Why you only ever show up on this suikoden 2 gameplay section? If only you put so much effort for other suikoden games as well. You seem to be good at the minigames also :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

veeshadow wrote:
sporefrog wrote:@celes

The description of missable is if you can't got it elsewhere and limited time. Antitoxin is buyable on shop so that won't count..

Hammers and Flint are rather called player's choice similar to people select Fortune Rune vs Hunter Rune on Jude's statue. People also have different taste for perfect file. Me for example, I won't build Jowy just for the sake he joins at level 99 and lv 5 weapon after he rejoin in true ending while the game is ended as soon as we walk out from area...
what makes a gamefile "perfect"?the never ending question...

for me,a 100% perfect file would be to have EVERY missable or limited item at least once in my inventory.if they are used somehow in the game or do special things(recipes,sound sets,...),then of course,keeping them makes no sense,but every other item have to be collected.

the megamedicine x9 in radat is a unique item in this game,and the antitoxin x6 too.without them,you fail to have every possible item in this game.
same goes with the hammers.in your final save file,tessai will have the golden hammer,so you dont have to give him the others because at this point in the game,the others do nothing.if you want every item at least once,you must(or lets say,you should) keep them.

you cannot have each item AND each rune in this game,so if you want the maximum amount of things,you must choose prosperity/fortune combo at jude and kasumi in gregminster.you will miss the dragon seal insence,but wou will have at least each rune in the game once.

its also not possible,to make a "real" final save.before the beast rune,you can see all special untit attacks and bath scenes,but you dont have all items.
after the beast rune,you have all items,but you cannot see the units or the bath scenes anymore,because no other party members are allowed.
so why even level up anybody to 99,if you cannot use them again after the beast rune.but you MUST save after the beast rune to have all items.it makes no sense...

I know,people have a different taste for perfect files,but one of the most "important" rules(not just in suikoden,in other rpgs or action adventures as well)was allways to have the maximum amount of different items in the game.so if you give tessai the first 3 hammers or you ignore the pixie at mt. rakutei,you fail the 100% perfect file rule,but thats just my opinion :D
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

gildedtalon wrote:@veeshadow
Why you only ever show up on this suikoden 2 gameplay section? If only you put so much effort for other suikoden games as well. You seem to be good at the minigames also :mrgreen:
So many factors to explain that but in summary:
- Not so much time to play because I still on college and I mainly play MMO games rather than consoles (you can check my youtube channel)
- I only have S2 as the real copy I found on old collections. I actually play others in the past, just not that hardkore so in other boards I only talk about story and characters.. Still my main reason is the S2 CD game still there, pretty much I lost all other games..
- I mainly play the part of challenging games, S2 is the one that most interested due to Clive's quest and many unrevealed things in the game. You can ask me on Final Fantasy forum and why I just care FF IX and X, similar reason..
sporefrog wrote:
I know,people have a different taste for perfect files,but one of the most "important" rules(not just in suikoden,in other rpgs or action adventures as well)was allways to have the maximum amount of different items in the game.so if you give tessai the first 3 hammers or you ignore the pixie at mt. rakutei,you fail the 100% perfect file rule,but thats just my opinion :D
If you play FF IX and X you will also meet similar condition where you need to give missable items to be used for other purpose, so it's really up to player to keep in inventory or give it to npc. The game still count you have them. It's just bad S2 doesn't have any journal or memo to check things like getting xxx items. This journal will still keep and told you have the item even when items are used, like Tessai's hammer..

The unique condition for S2 is you have limited inventory slot, not x99 like FF so it's hard to manage items you can't equip to party's item or Rune slots. That's why I just rule out some rules in my youtube playthrough. 6/6 Barbara Storage will kill my fun. So as long I got missable items and unique items (not mega medicinex9 for example) then I'll be fine with them. You can give hammers so I just give them to Tessai.

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Contrarily to something I read somewhere else in the website, it is still possible to recruit Futch & Humphrey AFTER you conquered Rockaxe & Nanami dies. I'm doing it right now. Of course it prevents you from getting 108 stars before Nanami is fatally injured, but it is possible. I just did it to try: when I first went through Highway village chasing Camus I avoided the inn and thus didn't trigger the Humphrey/Futch scenario. Now I'm going back there again and it works.
BrucePrintscreen

Speaking of which - when I did Rakutei Mountain after taking back Rockaxe, the ennemies were matching my own strenght (all my party was above lvl 50 at that stage).... and the potch they drop was also matching my level: it only took me three fights to be at 9999999999 potch!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yes, the monsters change after taking Rockaxe and they are a bit above level 50: http://suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides ... &sep=1&p=1
BrucePrintscreen

But if you completed Rakutei on your first visit to Highway Village, then you have no ways of going back there, right? I just tried to go back to Rakutei and I'm teleported to the entrance.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Is Old Book Vol. 1 really missable? You get back to Kyaro in the epilogue, right? I just missed it...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It's most likely missable if Celes put it in here
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Antimatzist wrote:Is Old Book Vol. 1 really missable? You get back to Kyaro in the epilogue, right? I just missed it...
So long as you haven't cleared Muse yet, you can get back to Kyaro by going to the opening screen of the Forest, view the scene with the guard, and then use an escape talisman. You will teleport back to the screen, but the loading zone for the guard will no longer be active and you can just walk by them and revisit Kyaro. All of the NPCs will have their end-game dialog, but not much else is different.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Omnigamer wrote:So long as you haven't cleared Muse yet, you can get back to Kyaro by going to the opening screen of the Forest, view the scene with the guard, and then use an escape talisman. You will teleport back to the screen, but the loading zone for the guard will no longer be active and you can just walk by them and revisit Kyaro. All of the NPCs will have their end-game dialog, but not much else is different.
nice! i never knew about this one
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

^
I already told that in glitch sections, because well it's a glitch....