[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
helpoemer07

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Postby helpoemer07 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Pyriel wrote:Use the same code as you used to recruit her, but change the last couple of positions to 00. Make sure you save after confirming that she's gone, and restart the code with it off. If you leave it on, it'll be impossible to recruit her when the time comes.

Hi Pyriel. Thanks. It worked like a charm. At first I thought it wouldn't work as Kasumi was still in my party. So I tried to remove her from my party first then used the code. When I looked into the tavern and tablet, she's no longer there. When I went to get Valeria, she finally appeared in my tablet. Now I finally have Valeria yet still have Sasuke and Mondo recruited.

Thanks a lot. :)

Pyriel
Webmaster

Postby Pyriel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am

She was probably un-recruited even if she was in the party. The game isn't that sophisticated that it cleans up the party or adds recruit bits if it detects the person in the party. In general, either not recruited and in the party is an impossible state, and looking for it would be a waste of time, or the character fights with you temporarily before actually enlisting, and they shouldn't show as recruited anyway.

It's always possible that putting the game in an impossible state will have strange consequences, though. Like the one you already saw with the tablet blanking out. So kicking her from the party is definitely a wise precaution.

Aeonova

Postby Aeonova » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't have my old PS1 and Gameshark Pro so I'm not able to make my own codes anymore. Any time I try to search for this, my google-fu fails (or it doesn't exist) and normally nets me Window Set item codes. I was hoping for a Window Modifier Code that I could use from the start of the game (not needing to go recruit Tenkou) to get something other than the initial gold-border window. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I could probably figure out the digits once I had the address, but if the code made this window with a black background, that would be great. I don't know how the values are handled (if the window type and the color are independent addresses).

knight85

Postby knight85 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:23 am

Morning Ladies and Gents

At the moment i'm working on some plans for a future playthru of suikoden 2

and i had this warped idea enter my mind to cheat to get some characters in my party that normally arent available until way at the end of the game

namely Genshu, Mazus and Pesmerga.

now genshu i can handle his issue of a high level weapon easily since i've figured out the digits for lowering a weapon level

the problem for mazus and pesmerga is that mazus's body armor slot and all of pesmerga's armor slots are locked.

so does anybody on here know of any codes or ways to unlock an armor or rune slot on a character?

Swordmaster

Postby Swordmaster » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm

I just recently found out there was a bugfix patch for Suikoden II, so I'm using this news as an excuse to revisit one of the best games ever made. Looking through the various guides online I was unable to find one for Rare Finds. But a few pages back, in this thread, there is a Rare Finds list by Metsu-sama.

The reason for this post is that something is odd about Rockaxe. I can only get two of the four items to appear in the Armory. And the Item Shop is listed as no Rare Finds, but there are two of them. Silverlet and Thunder Runner Scroll. Screen shots are below. Anybody know what's going on here?

Image Image

Antimatzist

Postby Antimatzist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 am

https://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/armor.php

Some of the items only get available after Rockaxe has been liberated, that is past a certain point in the story (very late).

Silverlet is a rare find in the item shop (see armor guide above), and where did you get the list from that Rockaxe Item shop shouldn't have any rare finds at all?

Swordmaster

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:39 pm

It's on page 8 of this thread, 9th post down. That Armor guide does have Rare Finds listed, but in a sort of roundabout way. Still, I see that it's the best guide for it. I feel dumb for not looking there first. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me. lol

Return to “Suikoden II”