Game Over Trick?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KrafN

Game Over Trick?

Post by KrafN »

Hello everybody, I heard that you could do the Game Over Trick (or "Stone Trick" like in S2) in this game as well. Did any of you try it and did it work for you?
Buff

Post by Buff »

never heard any thing like that.
KrafN

Post by KrafN »

You didn't hear, but you didn't actually try either, right? So I'd like someone else to at least try it and tell me if it worked.
Buff

Post by Buff »

how in the hell can i try it, if i never heard of it. :roll:
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I heard of stone trick. It is pretty boring doing it but your guy get pretty tough. I'm not sure if you can do that in GS1 though. Never tried it
Nick Bruiser
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think the trick is using all your stat boosting stones. Then getting killed in battle. And when you continue. All your levels and stats stay. But all the items you used after you saved go back into your inventory. So you get your stones back.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Buff wrote:how in the hell can i try it, if i never heard of it. :roll:
hahaha, true.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

This works in Suikoden I just as it does in Suikoden II =)
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Too bad it's way more pointless than in Suiko II
thecasualoblivion

Post by thecasualoblivion »

Best place to do it would be Moravia Castle, with a save point that's easy to get to amidst encounters that can kill high level characters.

Could be worthwhile if you have enough stones, lets say 5 of each kind.

Too bad you can only get four stones from enemies:

Speed
Luck
Magic
Defense

No HP or Power stones, but Magic would be the most important one, and boosting luck and speed isn't bad. Defense I could care less...
jin022

Re: Game Over Trick?

Post by jin022 »

not working glitch. myth busted
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

I beg to differ. I successfully used it on the Suikoden I that is sold on the PSN.
jin022

Post by jin022 »

i dont know why its not working in my suikoden 1. i made an iso of my suikoden1 cd to play it in my pc, ps1 emulator. i know i am doing it correctly dont know why it wont work.

i also did it in my suikoden2 last time i played it.
vathious

Post by vathious »

I can't get the trick to work for me, on the psn version. I saved my game, and then used a defence rune piece. Then I got into a random battle, and was defeated. I chose to continue, and my defence rune piece was back in my inventory, but my defence returned back to it's original value (before using the rune piece).

Am I doing the trick wrong, or something? Do you need multiple rune pieces, because I only had 1 defence rune piece in my inventory, prior to performing the trick.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It doesn't seem to work in some versions, I think. I'm playing with an emulator now, and I tried the die trick (no stat stone, just leveled up to 8 outside Gregminster) and the when I pressed "Don't give up", Tir was back at Level 1.