Hardest Boss?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I realize that most "Last boss" looks stupid and aren't that great of a challenge.. Barbarosa would of look cooler if he just fight with his sword
Nick Bruiser
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

koolcblue wrote:The first playthrough I found many battles difficult. The Zombie Dragon, the crystal in Seek Vallet, Sonya, Ain Gide...but funny not the final boss.

Now I spend time leveling up before major battles. For example before I go to fight the Zombie Dragon I go to the Great Forest and level up this makes it faster, and makes the battle much easier.
That is exactly what i did. went to the forest and fought and gained a good 10-15 levels in 30 mins. even though you have to keep walknig through the same area
Preston McDohl

Post by Preston McDohl »

Sonya Shullen sucked majorly!
My first playthrough i used all the stones of skill and dexterity etc on McDohl So it was down ot only them and he Pwned what was left of Alen and Grenseals Magical attacks lol
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

I almost always take the Lepant family with me to Shazarazade. Sheena's lighting is great for the clam and Eileen's earth magic is great protection against Sonya, plus their unite owns both bosses.

Edit: Oh and I have to say the hardest boss for me is the dragon in Pannu Yakuta simply because the party you're forced to use and I'm usually too lazy to go back and make Kuromimi good.
Uh Oh
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Sorry Preston but I strongly Disagree with you. Sonya doesn't suck. She really can really kill.
Nick Bruiser
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

The first time I played through Suikoden I, I got nailed a few times by the damn Zombie Dragon in the Lake Castle. It's Fire Breath just beat my party down after a pathetic three turns. It also has an agonising high amount of HP, which is is... well bad. The Clone Rune on Viktor saved me, heh.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

I had the most trouble with Gigantes. The Sovereign Rune was never a problem for me personally.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

The Zombie Dragon was the only boss in the entire game I had problems with, because I came through to it unprepared, inexperienced and wounded.

Go figure, I won anyway, though I started over --- only Gremio (huh) survived to get the EXP, and I didn't like the victory.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I had trouble with the final boss only the first time through. Probably the hardest for me was either that crystal thing in Seek, or the dragon in Pannu Yakuta.
Purr.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I, also found the Zombie Dragon to be particularly difficult the first time around. I still do. I have to do lots of preparation before I fight it. The final boss wasn't too difficult for me, surprisingly. I used lots of combo magic. That worked pretty good.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
ThyWraith

Post by ThyWraith »

Neclord is the toughest boss by far. I don't see the big deal on Sonya, because she never killed me. Maybe because Sonya comes right after the clam thing that everyone thinks its tough. But Neclord is so cheap, he just wont die and his attacks effect everyone or he does that thing where he turns into bats and basically wipes out one character. I got stuck on him for weeks. (I first played this game when I was 7 years old back in 96.)
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

ThyWraith wrote:Neclord is the toughest boss by far. I don't see the big deal on Sonya, because she never killed me. Maybe because Sonya comes right after the clam thing that everyone thinks its tough. But Neclord is so cheap, he just wont die and his attacks effect everyone or he does that thing where he turns into bats and basically wipes out one character. I got stuck on him for weeks. (I first played this game when I was 7 years old back in 96.)
The big deal on Sonya was that she randomly attacks when she feels like it during your own turn. This made it hard to heal up in time if your chars are low on HP. Cause she can kill chars before you get a chance to heal up, which made this battle frustrating as hell.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I've gotta say it's a tie between the Zombie Dragon and Sonya Shulen (Weird eh? Didn't Sonya plant that Dragon there? Tough woman.)

The Zombie Dragon is only difficult because of the party as mentioned before. Tai Ho and Camille and Gremio...pfah! Sure, it's easy as pie if you do that leveling trick in the forest, but if you don't know about that then it sure is slightly difficult, yeees.

Sonya is hard because...well because she kicks ass, that's why! Strong strong.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Level trick in Forest?
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

Yeah, before you go to Toran Castle you head down to the forest path between that human town and Kobold Village. Even though you can't get through the forest you can still fight there. Gets you up some levels, making the castle easy to get through.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.