Hardest Boss?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Ohh nice. Should try that sometime when I decide to do another run lol.
Alma Beoulve

Post by Alma Beoulve »

I guess I think Sonya is one of the hardest. The first time I fought her, he killed Viktor in less than 3 turns, and it even took around 3 Judgement Spells to kill her, not to mention that she damaged a lot. In my second game, I bring out Crowley(with Flowing Rune and Luc with Cyclone) and I simply use Fog of Deception and it always works!Once I use that spell her attacks are always miss and I lose no one.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I only really had trouble with the Zombie Dragon consistently. With the other bosses, including Sonya and the last boss, you can have a fairly good healer in your party, but with the Zombie Dragon as someone mentioned your choices are limited. Also, Sonya's HP is not that great, really. If you save your Judgments for her, she'll fold in three rounds or less.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the early bosses seem tough because you usually don't have the resources to overpower your characters. Suikoden 2's Mist Monster seems difficult, as well as Suikoden V's dual Sun Gods in Ceras Lake Ruins..

this game did let you enter the Forest Path to the Elf area, which would raise your levels significantly.

generally, if you're taking every opportunity to improve weapons, armor, skills, etc, the bosses won't be too difficult--so while you lack the resources or do not upgrade everything, things can actually prove difficult (Luca Blight, anyone? first time you had to make 3 parties..)
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

im not sure if you consider it a boss battle but the thing i almost always have trouble on is the wars. when you dont want people to die and you have to reset...i swear 7 out of 10 times i play suikoden luc always seems to die in battle -.-. Other wise the bosses are pretty simple in all my playthroughs except when i was a noob at the game and i died on the golem boss luc summons at the begining of the game i died there about 5 times when i first played :oops: but thats all really.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

war battles are just random and deaths are very easy in Suikoden I's battles if you lose the rock-paper-scissor round.

as for Luc's Golem he summons, you have the chance of wandering outside (hopefully you'll run into 1 bee not 4 bees or a Boar...), which makes Leknaat's island a cakewalk.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Ya i learned that later lol i would just save go outside and fight random battles before going to the island. then i just kept fighting the monsters on lekents island till about lvl 5-6 then i dont really have a problem.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

lucreborn wrote:im not sure if you consider it a boss battle but the thing i almost always have trouble on is the wars. when you dont want people to die and you have to reset...i swear 7 out of 10 times i play suikoden luc always seems to die in battle -.-. Other wise the bosses are pretty simple in all my playthroughs except when i was a noob at the game and i died on the golem boss luc summons at the begining of the game i died there about 5 times when i first played :oops: but thats all really.
I don't use guys like Luc or Max unless the ninjas tell me it's safe to do so. On the other hand, some of the other ones, like the story characters in Commander unit, are safe to use in any case because you know they won't die.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

The bosses that always gets me are the ones were you need to use magic to defeat normal enemies then you all out by the time you get to the boss, Sonya shullen is defenitly the worst for that and when you first run into her you dont really see her coming so characters may even be wounded.

Zombie dragon was a pain as well
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Li'l Bonaparte

Post by Li'l Bonaparte »

Hmmmm... The hardest boss... I think it's Sonya.... When I first fought Sonya.. I just finished Shell Venus.. then she came...she blew me away... on the second try I brought Kasumi and Valeria thank god for those two.... XD
I want to be a Trickster too
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

omg yall, Sonya Schulen is absolutely the hardest boss in Suikoden. I hate that u cant save or rest before the battle, curse that shell) I think the rest is easy peasy. First time I played her I was in shock. I used up all my magic and it was just attack left (10 years ago:P) BUT I got lucky one day when I was fighting Sonya, (im starting all over again, fantastic) one time she didnt use his magic not a single time, she just attacked Tir McDohl (left corner front)Sonya has an amazing speed and she starts early in a battle, her magic is powerful and its pretty frustrating if he uses her magic all the time.
Angrylobster

Post by Angrylobster »

Zombie dragon was prolly the hardest my first time through the game. I got sooo freakin frustrated on that fight, lol.

Honorable mention to Sonya Shulen, her spells just raped my party sooo hord first time through :(
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

Sonya was hard because I always used up all my magic on the shell boss before her - it had enormous amounts of HP, I thought it might have been a bug in the game because it was taking so long to kill it. Those two bosses together with no save point/rest point inbetween made it pretty tough going.

I think Zombie Dragon was probably the hardest individually, I believe you were stuck with Camille, Tai Ho and the like. It's attack power was pretty insane.
That is all.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

The first time I played throough the game, i lost first fighting Neclord.

Now, when i play it again, I know the only boss I wont beat with a full party alive is the Zombie Dragon. Stupid Gremio is too weak.
XiarumaS

Post by XiarumaS »

Never had any problem except for the Zombie Dragon. I don't know if reading a walkthrough helped me defeat all the bosses easily.