Difficulty getting Window Setting 3?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Peroxide

Difficulty getting Window Setting 3?

Post by Peroxide »

I decided to start Suikoden again last night.

After about 18 hours of gameplay and 8 hours of sleeping while the game was on, I finished and beat the game.

Only thing is, I still don't have Window Setting 3 from those Sunshine Kings in Dragon's Den.

I've been grinding for about an hour and can't seem to get it, how long did it take you?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In my 'perfect save' of Suikoden, I've got a Window Setting 3. They shouldn't take very long at all, and I'm sure that there's not a certain time when you've got to get it, since I picked mine up right before the fight with Barbarossa.
Peroxide

Post by Peroxide »

I realize that there is not set time or set number of kills.

I was just wondering if it was rarer then the other items throughout the game and on average how long it takes.

I also got it about an hour or two after I made the post so now I'm onto playing Suikoden II.

Thanks. :)
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

I'm still trying on my NTSC save. Do you only get it when there is one Sun God or can you get it when theres a mixture of monsters?
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
Buff

Post by Buff »

it doesn't matter. you just have to make sure the sunshine kings. some times it can take a long time and some times it doesn't. all items are like that.
rickstilwell1

Re: Difficulty getting Window Setting 3?

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Sorry for the delay in your answer, but I believe your characters' total LUK stats manipulate the success rate of receiving item drops in most RPGs. The same should be true of Suikoden. So if you put together a party consisting of members that have the highest LUK stats, you should have an easier time picking this up.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Even though it is preferred to ressurect an old thread rather than creating a new one of the same topic, the last post was made more than 8 years ago :wink:

On topic: Neither luck nor any other stat, character or battle tactic increases the drop rate. It is completely random.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

i've noticed that chances are higher to drop WS #3 by the first time you visit the cave
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

No, they are not.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:No, they are not.

but most of the times i got WS #3 during my first visit.... :?:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You're basically saying it's always in the last place you look, as though that tells you something about all the other places it might have been. The likelihood of the Window Set dropping is pretty high, and you generally stop looking after you get it, I would hope. If you get it from the fifteenth fight 7/10 times, that doesn't mean the probability was lower for the first fourteen, or that it would have decreased after the fifteenth.

The probability of a drop is set in the enemy data, and it would be unprecedented in these games for some sort of script to increase or decrease it.