Gremio

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Karayan_Fighter

Gremio

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

I was walking through rockland at the begginning of the game with just Tir and I walked into a house and a women said something like "We are all so poor because of that bum Gre....oops nevermind" was she refering to gremio or grAdy? Was it a misstranslation because Gre deftinitely came up and Grady doesnt have an E in it. I would like to think that this is realted to Camille but I ll wait for responses before speculating.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow thats interesting, it never happened to me. I think it is grady. probably some bug
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

Yeah, I just completed Suikoden I and I remember that woman saying Gre not Gra. Maybe it's a glitch in the PAL version only.
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I've seen the woman saying it too, but I'm pretty sure she said "Gra..." in my copy. I have the NA.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Belle

Post by Belle »

I just played that part. She says "Gre." But I think it's just a typo.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I always thought that it was a phonetic spelling. But--only Konami can tell us...LOL
Playing Suikoden III......
Suikoden26

Re: Gremio

Post by Suikoden26 »

I'm replaying and I noticed this too. Probably a mistranslation/typo. The npc was probably meant to say 'Gra..' for Grady. The reason why she stops mid-word isn't because Gremio is there in your party, its just because you're members of the imperial army.

Camille was collecting money from the banquet and also the night in the inn (when it was raining).
The innkeeper Marie said something like 'I'll put it on your tab' when you stay the night. I talked to her earlier in the game and she asked about the banquet with Teo - so I think Gremio bought the banquet food from the inn.
Its got nothing to do with Rockland and Grady.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

You sure it's not some kind of Eastern egg? GrE for European, GrA for American? GrJ for Japanese? Farfetched i know, but still...
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Yes I am sure that three different translation teams in three different countries conspired to put in an easter egg that depends on the positioning of a single letter dependant on which country the game was made in.

Also I have a theory that the poison tea Tir drinks at the start of the game put him in a coma and the entirety of the Suikoden series are the dreams of his dying mind as he slowly slips away, akin to St. Elsewhere.

It's a more likely theory.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

tiki wrote:Yes I am sure that three different translation teams in three different countries conspired to put in an easter egg that depends on the positioning of a single letter dependant on which country the game was made in.

Also I have a theory that the poison tea Tir drinks at the start of the game put him in a coma and the entirety of the Suikoden series are the dreams of his dying mind as he slowly slips away, akin to St. Elsewhere.

The 'Squall is Dead' theory? :)
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

tiki wrote:Yes I am sure that three different translation teams in three different countries conspired to put in an easter egg that depends on the positioning of a single letter dependant on which country the game was made in.

That is some quality sarcasm there my friend. Welcome to the boards.