[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Avalionis

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Post by Avalionis »

I figure the only thing that could really be in there, would be some rare piece of equipment or a rare rune, like Rage, Cyclone, Mother Earth, Thunder, or Flowing.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Im not sure about going up there but i remember a while ago she teleported me to a random spot in the map and i would have been stuck if i didnt have my blinkin mirror.. i cant remember were it was but i think it was somewere near the dragons den.. but am not sure has this happend to anyone else?
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
aaabbbcccddd

Post by aaabbbcccddd »

I remember doing this a long time ago as well, if memory serves me right viki teleported me there when I chose to go to great forest (I was either mid or end of game...probably looking for recruits, I was young) and got there. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I remember it being a square or rectangular room with 3-4 treasure chests and trees visible in the background. I'm pretty sure one of the chests was a mega medicine and one was a rune, but I'm not certain. When I came down the stairs, I realized where I was (nobody said anything), but when I tried to go back up he just told me I couldn't.

I haven't played suikoden I in years, but if memory serves, the guy behind the desks that stops you is the one wearing the blue coat or whatever right? If so, I know I'm not confusing it with Suikoden II, or maybe my memory just got jumbled.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Right.

We know it's not possible. Stop trying.

They should make it a bannable offense to tell this lie.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
aaabbbcccddd

Post by aaabbbcccddd »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Right.

We know it's not possible. Stop trying.

They should make it a bannable offense to tell this lie.
Yeah dude, I'm really going to waste my day making a lie about something I remember from a video game years ago :P

Although now that I read the rest of this topic, I can see where you're coming from.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

aaabbbcccddd wrote:I'm pretty sure one of the chests was a mega medicine and one was a rune, but I'm not certain.
Ok, so which is it?

Also, the items from Radat in Suikoden II are:
Mole Suit
ø Blue Gate
Mega Medicine x9

Sound familiar?
aaabbbcccddd

Post by aaabbbcccddd »

Actually, pretty certain and not sure mean the same thing, pretty certain isn't absolutely certain.

But yeah, you're probably right that my memory just got jumbled, because I played through again, and the stairs were on the opposite side of the screen that I remember them.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

aaabbbcccddd wrote:Actually, pretty certain and not sure mean the same thing, pretty certain isn't absolutely certain.
But it is still certain. Let's see here...

From dictionary.com:

cer·tain /ˈsɜrtn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sur-tn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. free from doubt or reservation; confident; sure: I am certain he will come.
2. destined; sure to happen (usually fol. by an infinitive): He is certain to be there.
3. inevitable; bound to come: They realized then that war was certain.
4. established as true or sure; unquestionable; indisputable: It is certain that he tried.
5. fixed; agreed upon; settled: on a certain day; for a certain amount.
6. definite or particular, but not named or specified: A certain person phoned. He had a certain charm.
7. that may be depended on; trustworthy; unfailing; reliable: His aim was certain.
8. some though not much: a certain reluctance.
9. Obsolete. steadfast.

From that definition, it looks like certain = sure, which would mean pretty certain = pretty sure, not not sure.

Nope, sorry. Doesn't look like they mean the same thing.
oops

Post by oops »

lol the longer this topic is left open the longer people will continue to get mixed up with suikoden II...
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Others have cracked the software to see if it is accessible, but discovered that no event flags exist at those stairs that lead you to anywhere.
This in itself proves there is nothing up there. People including myself have tried to get up there using Hax to find nothing exists. If something does indeed exist I will be VERY shocked :shock:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
aaabbbcccddd

Post by aaabbbcccddd »

You can throw definitions at me all you want.

Adverb

* S: (adv) reasonably, moderately, pretty, jolly, somewhat, fairly, middling, passably (to a moderately sufficient extent or degree) "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"

Basically you are disregarding the fact that I am "certain to a degree", and just saying that the word "pretty" doesn't matter and are taking the word certain at face value. Although you can argue it's redundant, many people use the phrase "pretty certain" or "pretty sure", and I'm pretty certain this isn't the place to critique someone's English skills.

Anyway, why are we still arguing about this? I already agreed with you...

But on topic: Why ARE the stairs there anyway then?
oops

Post by oops »

this has been said before, it looks like they were planning to use it but then decided against it. they just removed the room from upstairs and got the person to not let u up there rather than to remove the stairs
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Can someone lock this topic, it's dead anyway.
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well honestly it is still possible to investigate further if someone can make a "walk through walls" code like the codebreaker club has for Suikoden II.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

well honestly it is still possible to investigate further if someone can make a "walk through walls" code like the codebreaker club has for Suikoden II.
A friend of mine is an amazing hacker, I'm not to bad myself. We did go up there, there is no event script for the upstairs, and as some have said it was taken out because there was suppose to be a mini-game but then it was taken out.
-Chaco