[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
TheDeliciousMystery

[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

Post by TheDeliciousMystery »

Yes, it can be done despite what everyone else says.
All you have to do is have Viki teleport you to the Forest Village & occaisionally she screws up, sending you to the top section fo the shope where there are (from memory) 3 treasure chests.
Just keep getting Viki to send you there & use the Blinking Mirror to send you back until you get it.
I have had two situations where Viki has dropped me off at the wrong place in the first Suikoden but this is the only time there was treasure involved.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I thought transportation errors only happened in Suikoden II, can anyone confirm that it happens in Suikoden I as well? It sounds a bit fishy to me.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

It has being confirmed many times in this forums that it can't be done, the where rumors that could be done in the Saturn version, but what ever the case, if you really experience it then it probably happened to someone else so we have to get confirmation from someone else, but you may confuse it with Suikoden II.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I though PAL suikoden 1 DID allow you to go upstairs in forest village

it was only taken out for american gamers, I remember reading that along time ago on these boards
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Oppenheimer is right. This does sound fishy. It was confirmed that Suikoden doesn't have Viki's teleport errors... Are you really sure you weren't playing II instead?
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can't.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

son_michael wrote:I though PAL suikoden 1 DID allow you to go upstairs in forest village

it was only taken out for american gamers, I remember reading that along time ago on these boards
This is not in any version, that anyone attending these boards has; which means not the Japanese version, not the American version and not the PAL version.

Like any such rumours then it tends to be stated that one or more of the other versions has it, and like other such rumours it turns out to be false.

It has never been stated on these boards that the PAL version allows you upstairs without someone shooting down the claim as completely incorrect.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
TheDeliciousMystery

Post by TheDeliciousMystery »

You CAN go in there & yes I do own play the PAL version. I am in the process of playing the game through again so that I can get screenshots to prove it. There have been other Australians I know who have had the headache of trying to explain this on a message baord only to be called liars.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Unfortunately I also own the PAL version, as does a significant number of Europeans, Australians and others attending these forums.

No-one other than yourself has ever reported Viki making mistakes with teleporting in their copy of the game; besides your description of the contents of the room is rather vague as "three chests" doesn't tell us what the contents were.

The developers confirmed it was intended for a minigame to be placed up there, but time constraints removed it; that has not stopped people claiming all sorts of weird and wonderful things to be found up there.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

PAL gamers can't get into the secret room? I could've sworn I've been up there before, a Mole Armor is in one of the chests, aye?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I have seen cases where people's memories of having been teleported to the second floor of Radat in Suikoden 2 get mixed up with the whole Great Forest item shop.

The 2nd floor in Radat does indeed have three treasure boxes, which fits the description.

If it is true, a screen shot would indeed be interesting, because a second floor has officially been denied of its existence by konami itself. Others have cracked the software to see if it is accessible, but discovered that no event flags exist at those stairs that lead you to anywhere.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I have also been up there. It was very strange. As well as going up stairs in that house in Radat. Whoa SARSadmin! How strange! I was posting this messege at the same time you were when I was about to bring up Radat!
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Anamanaguchi wrote:I have also been up there. It was very strange. As well as going up stairs in that house in Radat. Whoa SARSadmin! How strange! I was posting this messege at the same time you were when I was about to bring up Radat!
This is getting ridiculous, do you guys have any concrete proof of this, I don't say that you're lying is just that I thought it was possible until recently, but this talk about checking the code and a confirmation from Konami put me to rest.
Even with a screenshot I can already see people mentioning the word "Photoshop".

And actually now that I recall, I remembered that I got there in my first playthrough of the game, at least that's what I thought, but then I realized I was wrong when I was trying over and over on the other playthrough’s and when I didn’t remember what was inside.

I have a save like most at the end of the game, and I volunteer to have Vicky teleport me to Forest Village (I know Great Forest) 100 times consecutive, if it still doesn’t work, then either I’m extremely unlucky or it can’t be done and yes I have the PAL version.

Last edited by Arenegeth on Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Arenegeth~
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I remember in Suikoden II, the three chests in Radat were a Blue Gate crystal, a 9-piece Mega Medicine bundle and a Mole Armor. To those who have gotten to the second floor of the Great Forest item shop, which items did you get?
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

It works, and guess what, you get a TRUE RUNE!!!!

Just messing with you read on.

I did 110 times consecutive just to be sure, and nothing, so either it needs some special way to do it (like a particular point in the game) or it simply can't be done people, of course I just could be unlucky I'll try to do it 1000 times more to find out.

Just kidding :D

So for the ones that say that it can be done, if you can prove it fine, if not then please be sure to know exactly what you're talking about next time.
~Arenegeth~