Wheel of Fortune in Lepant's Mansion

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Dodo

Wheel of Fortune in Lepant's Mansion

Post by Dodo »

I want to farm some fortune rune pieces in Lepant's Mansion.
Is the wheel of fortune totally random or can i manipulate the end position by pressing x?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Wheel of Fortune in Lepant's Mansion

Post by Pyriel »

Not by pressing X. The wheel is based on the RNG in the game, which is somewhat predictable. I know there's a speedrun strategy that allows you get past it in one try. I don't know if anyone has done the work to figure out similar patterns for the rewards, though.
Z3R01337

Post by Z3R01337 »

So I have a tool that calculates how many Wheel spins it will take from a given battle to get the sword but I don't have anything for Fortune Pieces. What you can do though, is save at the inn in Kouan and hard reset. Then run into the mansion as fast as possible. You'll notice that the battles you get after each hard reset will be the same. You can then run from a battle & as long as you enter the Wheel room within 60 steps the wheel will land on the same spots everytime, depending on the battle. So then it's just a matter of finding a good battle to use, entering the wheel room within 60 steps, spin the wheel for Fortune Piece, run back to the inn, save and hard reset and do it all again.

Note by hard reset I mean resetting your console on disc versions or resetting the game through console menu on digital versions.
TurbidCurrent

Post by TurbidCurrent »

On my play through just now, I got to the damn exit on the first try. Didn’t even press anything. Amazing “luck”.