Marco's Rockland Game Pattern and Visual Cue

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
SolInvictus

Marco's Rockland Game Pattern and Visual Cue

Post by SolInvictus »

I just started a new game and while playing Marco's game in Rockland, I noticed a pattern. This applies to the first turn when you play his game. In order to get this to refresh you need to win, exit the game and start a new game effectively making each session just a single turn.

You aren't actually looking for which cup the coin is left under for this, but instead the pattern is in the moves he makes in order for the coin to end up there. When you watch his moves is surprising easy to predict which cup the coin will be in. I just tested this and won 20 10,000 bit games in a row. Granted I know this has only been tested on my game, 30 or so total times, and only in Rockland, but it's a start and I thought I would point it out.

What you're looking for is the very LAST move he makes before you get to decide which cup the coin is under. What ever this move is will tell you which cup it is. I'll call the cups 1, 2, and 3 in order from left to right. As an example if he switches the position of cups 2 and 3 as his last move the coin will be under cup 1. Below are the patterns for each of the cups.

Coin under cup #1: Switch position of cups 2 and 3
Coin under cup #2: He will rotate cups 1 and 3 in a circle motion but not actually switch them.
Coin under cup #3: Switch position of cups 1 and 2

Again, this pattern is only relevant for the first round of each session and as far as I have tested, only in Rockland. It does not hold up for any additional turn of the game and there is no distinct pattern for if the coin starts in cup 1 or so on for the additional turns.

If anyone else tries this and fails or succeeds, reply and let me know.
Feyrith

Re: Marco's Rockland Game Pattern and Visual Cue

Post by Feyrith »

whoa nice trick guys. i already try it 10 times and never fail. it may very useful at the beginning game cause I can get 999999 in one minute with dice. and sorry for bad english ;)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ineresting! Do you maybe also find a pattern for the second round or is it always random?
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I just use the slow-mo on my phone now... :roll:
SolInvictus

Post by SolInvictus »

It's great to hear that this works for someone else! The easiest way for the 10,000 bits round for me was to stare at the center of the screen with my eyes out of focus so I could always tell what the last move was.

For the second round or more, there are distinct patterns that he goes through, but there doesn't appear to be a pattern, such as what I listed above, as I've seen him use have at least two different methods for the coin ending up under cup #1 for instance.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Is one of the different methods also used for another cup? I'll give it a check soon myself, I guess, this sounds really interesting.