Enemies randomly do nothing

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KoLAddict

Enemies randomly do nothing

Post by KoLAddict »

Any idea why an enemy will randomly make a motion like they're attacking, but after a few seconds, nothing happens?
veriaqa

Re: Enemies randomly do nothing

Post by veriaqa »

Never heard or experienced the bug like that, sorry can't help.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Some enemies command other enemies. The queen ant boss may call soldier ants into combat, and beast commanders, vipermen and whip wolves make other enemies in the group attack at once, like a unite attack. But sometimes you see them make the gesture to command after all other enemies have moved or been killed, so that's why nothing happens.
KoLAddict

Post by KoLAddict »

The Holly Fairy's do it. I had a Holly Fairy by itself that would randomly do it. It was almost like their attack glitched or failed.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Holly Fairies can command those holly leaf enemies (Holly Boys?). It did sort of fail. I don't think Konami did any checks in the AI to see if there was anything there for them to command, so it ends up similar to the first Final Fantasy, where attacks can be wasted on things that have already died.
KoLAddict

Post by KoLAddict »

Ah, that makes sense then, I forgot about the Holly's.

Good call sticky-runes and Pyriel, thank you very much.