Question on stat rune piece/game over trick

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
DrkHckr

Question on stat rune piece/game over trick

Post by DrkHckr »

So I tried to use it at the start of the game, the moment when you have to choose if you want a prosperity or fortune crystal. I'm doing it with Ted and Tir but can't seem to worked...... I saved, then used the defense rune piece from mt sarady and then die, choose "try again option", the loads the previous data but the stats didn't carry on...... Another note the levels neither carried on..... I thought it just glitched so I git another try and the same happened. Neither the stats nor the levels get carried over as die and try again. So with my curiosity I tried my old save file If I can do the trick and yes it worked. Both stats and level carried over. So from my understanding there is no error in my ways,rather procedure cause I produced the results I want. But for some reason I can't do it at that part of the game. Could some players out there help me? Or at least can someone try and do the same I did.. I mean can someone test the trick at the very beginning of the game. I just have speculation that I need to advance the plot for the trick to work but afraid that if I advance and still the trick wont work then I just wasted time and efforts.....

I'm trying to do a level 1 Tir game from the start with the boosted stats. In order to exploit the level trick though only for lvl 97. Thanks in advance
sporefrog

Re: Question on stat rune piece/game over trick

Post by sporefrog »

a McDohl lvl 1 run?
sounds great.
if you want even more insane things going on during your run,try my "insane challenge":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grfNu2c0J8

defense rune pieces:
use my trick to farm "infinite" defense rune pieces at the beginning of the game.
I posted a detailed description about this method in this topic:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =8&t=12882
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

This has happened to me before. I kept trying to kill McDohl with just Ted at Level 3, then Ted got wrecked by the rabbits at Tigerwolf (pressed Run by accident instead of Bribe) and when I pressed "Don't give up" both characters re-started at Level 1.

I'm not sure if it's because of McDohl's level. It might have to do with that.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

I would not recommend to do the death trick at the beginning of the game.you could accidentially make your lvl. 1 McDohl "too" strong which could cause a softlock during forced battles because some enemies basically cannot kill McDohl anymore and he would gain exp and level up.if this happens after a bad chosen savepoint,you would have to restart the entire game.not good...

just collect a few defense rune pieces and keep them.dont do the death trick until the Kwanda duel.do it again before the Teo duel.thats it.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

@sporefrog errrr...... you didn't answer my question but anyway thanks.......... and I'm not doing a level 1 game till the end, I'm doing it until I got to moravia to do the level 97 level jump to make it easy to get all level 99 chars, I'm doing a perfect game run though.....XD

@highwind44029 Bro that is what exactly what happened to me and I'm wondering why? Maybe you can only do the trick once yo got the castle cause as far as I remember the trick always work on my previous savefiles (all of them are later in the game and with castle) but can't do it at start. The rabbit always kill both of them but their level get back to 1 and stats don't carried over.......

Guess I'll just advance the story line and see what happens..... I'm planning on giving Ted all the exp I will get to keep the other char level low, then to Odessa, then to Pahn cause he got duel. I don't know yet I will level Tir cause there are characters that will join the same level he is..... or maybe I'll just recruit them afterthe level jump
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

PRetty much similar problem.
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6736

It might be this only works inc ertain versions of the game or really until a later point in the game. I myself never got it to run.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

After I continue on the story, the stat trick and level carried on normally like the way it should've. I guess it really can't be done on early game. For the record I tried the trick after I recruited Rock the storehouse keeper. I never tried in between so it can be more earlier in the game. I tried it after getting the vault because it's the time I will deposit my extra items.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Did you determine at which point the trick can be successfully done? Do you have to wait until you get a castle or can it be done earlier than that?
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

As I said after I recruited rock(vault keeper) in lepant's house, I go back to the castle and to unload all the unnecessary belongings. Then I tried the trick again and for some reason it works again......... I didn't try the in-betweens so I guess It can be done earlier.....
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

So we now have at least the latest point at which it is possible. Maybe someone can try it earlier - I guess getting your castle ight be another event that culd be the start of the trick.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I'm gonna do some tests when I start proceeding with the game. I have a theory that it can be done after getting the Tablet of Stars.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

@highwind44029, that's exactly what I think of...... after acquiring the tablet stars, since its the first where you can get and start building your characters, but that's just a theory...... just tell us what happened to your tests XD.
yewles1

Post by yewles1 »

Hey, I just acquired the PSN (US) version after looking at this thread out of curiosity, and the earliest I could get the trick to work is when you checkout Toran Castle the first time with Tai Ho and Camille in the group, at the save point before you square off against the Zombie Dragon boss.
Last edited by yewles1 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nice! i'm surprised we're still learning things after all these years :)